• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tech tree advancement.

Falconwing

We know Hoods are determined by where you are on the tech tree, What determines that advancement? Is it a # out of a #, or is it the distance on the tree?

Example, I am PE. I unlocked just enough techs to get the two expansions. That makes me 9 out of 22 techs the first way. In doing so, I unlocked antibiotics, which is 6 out of the 7 lengths on the tree and puts me one from Modern.

I always thought it was the # out of #, but I have three people in my Hood who are Modern and that suggests it's the second way. I realize that there is a chance that all three advanced after the Hood was set, but as I look at their cities, I find it very unlikely. They've obviously been Modern since before the Hoods reset.

So, is it the quantity of the techs, or is it determined by your most advanced tech?

DeletedUser33701

Relying solely on the techs for advancement is what causes "camping" and the UNFAIR advantage over those playing "fair". The "techs" do NOT consider the types or levels of GBs, nor do they consider the numerous buildings that can be acquired that enhance attack/defense capabilities......there is NOTHING fair about allowing someone EXPONENTIALLY more experienced to prey on new gamers that are not given ANY chance of retaliation.

Agent327

Did I stump my fellow forum members with this one?

Not really. You just draw in those that want to complain on anything and everything.

As far as I know it isn't your mosty advanced tech, but the number of techs in an age that is deciding. Problem are always the "left overs". Those 3 in Modern could have been the last 3 in that age to place, so they would end up in PE.

plinker2

Relying solely on the techs for advancement is what causes "camping" and the UNFAIR advantage over those playing "fair". The "techs" do NOT consider the types or levels of GBs, nor do they consider the numerous buildings that can be acquired that enhance attack/defense capabilities......there is NOTHING fair about allowing someone EXPONENTIALLY more experienced to prey on new gamers that are not given ANY chance of retaliation.
There are more than one way to obtain GBs. Most people camp to get their inventory of goods to a great level before they advance. I am in PE and have a level 18 ARC. If you are in a good Guild, ask for advice and do some "wheeling and dealing". You may be surprised at the advantages of camping.

Falconwing

As far as I know it isn't your mosty advanced tech, but the number of techs in an age that is deciding. Problem are always the "left overs". Those 3 in Modern could have been the last 3 in that age to place, so they would end up in PE.

I think your "left over" theory sounds good. It is unlikely that the number of players in a given Era always divides equally between the hoods. The hood they probably should be in is full so they get knocked down to a lower one. Similar to GbG's.

Well, unless anyone has anything else to add, I guess we're don.