• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Technology problems... please don't delete my worlds

DeletedUser41019

Okay, I've been gone for a week because my old computer went kaput. I now have a new one and cannot get the sound to work. I am taking it back to the shop tomorrow and either they fix it or give me my money back, if the latter is the case, I do not know exactly when I'll get another one. My worlds are in Cirgard (Industrial age), Arvahall (High Middle ages) and Brisgard (Iron age). I know there is a time limit usually when someone doesn't log in for a certain length of time. I just wanted mods to know that my worlds are not abandoned, but I might be gone for a while.

barra370804

Okay, I've been gone for a week because my old computer went kaput. I now have a new one and cannot get the sound to work. I am taking it back to the shop tomorrow and either they fix it or give me my money back, if the latter is the case, I do not know exactly when I'll get another one. My worlds are in Cirgard (Industrial age), Arvahall (High Middle ages) and Brisgard (Iron age). I know there is a time limit usually when someone doesn't log in for a certain length of time. I just wanted mods to know that my worlds are not abandoned, but I might be gone for a while.
write a support ticket telling them this, though I do not believe your worlds will be deleted

Super Catanian

I believe the time limit is a month; longer if you've spent real money on the game.
You could always use a phone or go to a cyber-cafe to access the PC version of the game.

DeletedUser

The time limit is way longer than you'll probably need. Much more than a month. Your cities are advanced enough that they should still be there even if it's a few months before you can play again. The only time cities are deleted quicker is if the player requests it, or if the city is a new one in Bronze Age with very few Diamonds in the account.

DeletedUser29726

The only one in potential danger is the iron age one if you've less than I think it is 800 diamonds on your account balance. In that scenario I believe a city can poof in 2 weeks. EMA or later cities take much longer to be deleted.

DeletedUser37581

From the announcement describing the automatic account deletion:
We will begin automatically deleting accounts that have not logged into the game or the forum for at least 12 months (for accounts that have made at least one purchase this period is extended to 3 years after the last purchase).
and
You will be notified on the forum (private message) and via email when your account is about to be deleted. Please make sure your email address is valid.

DeletedUser37581

that's the whole account, city deletion is a separate phenomenon.
True. That is what I thought the OP was concerned about, although it was never mentioned as such.

I was under the impression that established cities would not be deleted unless the account was deleted, but there is no basis for that. Indeed, from what I can tell, all of a player's cities could be deleted while the account still remains.

Emberguard

He’s right though. Stone-EMA cities have a different criteria for deletion. I know what it’d be for EN, but you’d need to ask a US mod what it is over here.

DeletedUser41019

Thanks guys.... my problems are now resolved, the shop replaced the faulty computer, and I now have a functional one so I can access my worlds daily. I had no idea how long you'd need to be inactive for before things got deleted so it's a relief to know that even if things had taken a couple of more weeks, my worlds would still be there. But thanks for the clarification :)