• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Technology Research

Not so wise

Is there an advantage to research all era technologies if you cam move to next era anyway? In my case I'm not interested in military buildings so I didn't waste resources to acquire them.

Attachments

• aaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaa.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 7

Goth Almighty

You're not interested in military bldgs? You're not interested in playing this game, then. Fighting is necessary. Therefore, military blgs are necessary. By that I mean the CdM, CoA, Zeus, Traz, AO and Kraken (you'll also need the HC and Arc, although they're not, technically, called "military bldgs", I suppose. Whatever.) Other bldgs you're going to need are the ones that produce goods: ToB, RAH, SMB, LoA and the Chateau, which produces coins, supplies and diamonds, also. That covers all the Great Buildings that you'll need, minimally. There will be a few other new technologies that you won't necessarily need to develop, in order to move on to new eras. However, I've found that I've had to go back a number of times and complete 'old' techs that I found new reasons for in the future.

Pericles the Lion

You're not interested in military bldgs? You're not interested in playing this game, then. Fighting is necessary. Therefore, military blgs are necessary. By that I mean the CdM, CoA, Zeus, Traz, AO and Kraken (you'll also need the HC and Arc, although they're not, technically, called "military bldgs", I suppose. Whatever.) Other bldgs you're going to need are the ones that produce goods: ToB, RAH, SMB, LoA and the Chateau, which produces coins, supplies and diamonds, also. That covers all the Great Buildings that you'll need, minimally. There will be a few other new technologies that you won't necessarily need to develop, in order to move on to new eras. However, I've found that I've had to go back a number of times and complete 'old' techs that I found new reasons for in the future.
The OP is asking, specifically, if they need to complete the techs that unlock PE heavy and ranged units. The answer is "no". Any of the deadend techs can be skipped.

Johnny B. Goode

Is there an advantage to research all era technologies if you cam move to next era anyway? In my case I'm not interested in military buildings so I didn't waste resources to acquire them.
There is a Bonus or Side quest that shows up that asks you to complete all the techs of an era and gives Diamonds as part of the reward. I don't know what triggers it or the timing of it showing up, although it does show up in most eras if I remember right.

Jubilation

You know, I'm not interested in any military buildings, either. By which, I mean barracks. I got a bunch of event buildings churning out units, and only use the Alcatraz to generate Rogues. In fact, the only things I ever use the build menu for is what I have to in order to complete story quests, and maybe some others. Keeping techs "in reserve" can be very useful in completing story quests where you are requested to research. I just grab the expansions, and leave the rest for future use.

Mor-Rioghain

What @Pericles the Lion calls 'deadened techs' are also known as 'orphan techs' and can safely be ignored. There's even an advantage to saving them for later when doing an event quest that requires you to unlock a tech you can go back and choose one of these less expensive ones.

Frostblade

You need to complete all techs to get diamonds from side quest!
In my case side quest asked me to complete all LMA techs for which I got 250 diamonds thanks to CF bonus.