• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Temple of Relics

jimakoskx

Ok ,now i have my first tor and did my first lvl1 GE and tooked a gift.
On 2nd lvl again a gift.

The question is ...if i finish a level...MUST i press the play next button immidiatelly
OR i must wait some time for some relics gift?(and if yes how much time!?,,,)

tor.jpg

WinnerGR

You are not guarranteed a relic every level. The ToR works by giving you a % chance of finding a relic after a successful encounter so if a relic has not appeared immedialty after a successful encounter there is no need to wait: you can immediatly progress to the next encounter/level. As you level up your ToR the likelihood of finiding a relic increases up to a max of 35% (if I'm rembering correctly/it hasn't changed).

Xenosaur

There is a lot of game folklore with ToR relics.

Some people INSIST that if you play a level, you MUST play it in full (all 16 encounters) before you collect any relics. Their thinking is that somehow, they must have obtained BETTER relics because they waited for the level to be fully played and "resolved". They swear that collecting them en masse most assuredly produces better quality.

Others that know better than that (grin), and collect them (any, or all) while they accrue, or at a convenient time during the difficulty level, and certainly make sure all are taken before moving on to a higher level.

In other words, collect them when you want to (but don't miss any ...)

There is no special magic that occurs when they are generated. FoE software doesn't look to see if others relics are present on the level, and therefore, generate better "stuff".

So... don't listen to the viral folklore if you hear it (on this topic).

Take them whenever you want, but do make sure that you clear the level of all relics, before you leave it. You'll be reminded of that by the game if you leave one and are trying to enter the next difficulty level.

Last edited:
Really nitpicky question here, occasioned by Xerosaur's answer above:

There are a limited number of spots where relics get located when they are generated. When a relic is generated, does the software say to itself "Let's put a Silver Relic on spot #3". Or does it say "let's put a silver relic" and then look for an open spot?

I ask this because I recently had the experience of clearing a relic while running the level and then 2 encounters later, another relic popped up in the same spot. This caused me to wonder if by not clearing the first one, I might have missed the second one, or if it would have just popped up in a different spot.

Sharmon the Impaler

The GE map sprite with overlay was released on a third party site a while back that showed 30 spawn points for each level. You aren't going to block anything by collecting at the end

Dursland

Best way would be same method as you get other blueprints, look for people leveling ToR and put fps on.

I'd try and find someone with a low level one and talk them into powerleveling it. :)