• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Terrace Farm Opinions

Czari

Since Terrace Farms began appearing as one of the prizes for completing GE Level 4 I've seen them cropping up in especially very high-rated players' cities - usually a lot of them. In one guild (#2 guild on server) the emphasis was primarily (from my perspective) on getting as many TFs as possible due to the possibility of 30 goods/day each and level Arcs to dizzying heights (which is a whole other discussion). In the #1 guild on the same server, I see TFs in many cities but don't hear the "push" for them as in the other guild and, although leveling Arcs is definitely encouraged, not in quite the same frenetic manner.

So - I'm asking for more opinions here. I currently have 3 TFs in one city and 2 in a second. I just won another for the second city but will need to remove a number of other buildings I find valuable to place the third TF. My main needs in this city are coins, goods, and FPs. I have a Cape and Arc in this city so the FP issue isn't as pressing as the other two.

Build another TF for the goods?

BruteForceAttack

Which age you are? Do you have a chateau, what level is it? What level is your arc? Do you do recurring quests?

TF are kinda poor man's sok+, most can easily get them in GE, Sok's not so much. At higher ages TF's can be used for goods as well, good thing about that part is a) you dont need the base goods b) population is not that high compared to goods buildings c) you get all the 5 goods d) Single lane road and are not oddly shaped. e) TF's are also are flexible you can either make goods or fps depending on your city needs.

But then again TF's are not small either, so here is another way of advancing your city. Get your arc to atleast level 60, then work on your cape and chateau, make sure you are doing RQ all the time . This option will give you all the resources, coins, supplies, goods, bps, medals, and some fps too. More GBs you help to level = More RQ you do per day = More resources you end up with.

Czari

Which age you are? Do you have a chateau, what level is it? What level is your arc? Do you do recurring quests?

TF are kinda poor man's sok+, most can easily get them in GE, Sok's not so much. At higher ages TF's can be used for goods as well, good thing about that part is a) you dont need the base goods b) population is not that high compared to goods buildings c) you get all the 5 goods d) Single lane road and are not oddly shaped. e) TF's are also are flexible you can either make goods or fps depending on your city needs.

But then again TF's are not small either, so here is another way of advancing your city. Get your arc to atleast level 60, then work on your cape and chateau, make sure you are doing RQ all the time . This option will give you all the resources, coins, supplies, goods, bps, medals, and some fps too. More GBs you help to level = More RQ you do per day = More resources you end up with.

In C world I'm in PME and plan on camping there awhile. I have a level 11 Chateau and just built an Arc which is currently level 6. I do have an Arc swap partner but, out of 76 people in that guild, only about 6 of us have Arcs and I don't think the guild as a whole really understands them yet so I should live so long to get my Arc to 60 there. I don't put SoKs in any of my cities (personal preference, best not to ask...heh), I use the TFs in both worlds for goods. I do all RQs I can.

Czari

This completely depends on your play style. I love TFs because they count as production buildings, and that helps me finish quests and DCs. I'm also FE, so the goods that I get (when I go for goods) don't cost goods to refine. Mostly they bake FP for me, but they've been very useful in these other ways.

I use the TFs as production buildings and also really like them for that aspect. I'm a heavy quester so I do all RQs I can, plus the DCs, and incidents as well as trying to complete the GE each week. I spent most of the morning thus far (I got up at 4 am) listing all the buildings I have in my city plus everything in inventory with all stats so I can do a comparison of what may potentially need to come out of my city and what I may have in inventory that better suits my needs now.

I guess another way to ask my question is: Is there a point at which one can have too many TFs. I'm thinking again of very high level players who mainly have a lot of TFs, SoK's, and GBs leveled extremely high in their cities. On the other hand, I enjoy having a pretty city and a city that is a field of SoKs holds no interest for me, regardless of how valuable they may be.