• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Thank you, Inno!

LaGoulue

Yay! I finally found a way to use the many Ritual Flames I've accumulated in GE...GE5! I won my first battle and my reward was....fragments of an upgrade to the Ritual Flame! That was more fun than putting them up for bid in the antique dealer's shop where I'd get silver and gemstones that I can use to purchase lame items that I haven't needed since the middle ages. However, I was defeated in my 2nd GE5 battle and I don't think I'm going to try anymore.

Emberguard

I won my first battle and my reward was....fragments of an upgrade to the Ritual Flame!

You sure that's what you got? What was the kits name? Thought Lvl 5 was for the Greater Ritual Flame which is an entirely separate building

Xenosaur

Don't give up on GE 5. It's a great challenge and was designed make you reach for your goals, and to not provide instant gratification. You have to grow your city defenders stats, and there are good ways to do that from things you win/acquire in GE 5 itself, as well as other new FoE event buildings and things to acquire from playing other venues in the game.

I fight on manual for many of the encounters, and it's rewarding to do so.

The GREATER Ritual Flame item is a good one to get, and keep placing as you get them.
It's going to take you 3-6 months at least to make a dent in GE 5, and it's a good investment of gametime. If you play on manual, you'll learn a lot about how your warriors battle, which allows you to go further with smarter strategies than what autobattle will do for you.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

"from OP: "However, I was defeated in my 2nd GE5 battle and I don't think I'm going to try anymore."

One of my Guilds was up against another top Guild from same world in GE this week. Both Guilds all players reached 80 (finishing all level GE5 by Thursday afternoon to score 125. within half an hour of each other. This was an exciting challenge for both Guilds. And is a sign that GE 5 is a success.
I am proud to be a part of that kind of Guild.
And all the players whining or wringing their hands over GE 5
I send you a giant raspberry pthpthpthpthpth! ;)

Smeorail

Cup competition should end after finishing level 4 as it was before. Level 5 will completely kill off GE as a cup competition. Rewards, sure, go for it.

Pericles the Lion

Cup competition should end after finishing level 4 as it was before. Level 5 will completely kill off GE as a cup competition. Rewards, sure, go for it.
A few months ago I would have agreed with you. Not now. On both of my Diamond Guild worlds over half of the guild members are completing level 80. The time for "handicapping" GE has passed.

Sharmon the Impaler

Cutting off GE5 out of the cup may lead to unwanted pregnancy , I think worse than killing off GE as a cup competition. I prefer to go with the lessor of two evils.

Xenosaur

I originally thought diff 4 should be the cup basis, and that was the correct way to do it too. Not that I've changed my mind, but I have - "adapted" to the reality of what it is now that GE 5 was born. Now for my guild, 80 encounters each - is the number, and we're, as a guild, -- 134 gold and 2 (silver), and 0 (bronze), and we all have flesh in the game.