• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The cities we "encouraged" others to disconnect

Volodya

You never want to be good enough to fight a tough fight & win.

Alrighty, then.

I see, I gave you too much credit as a fighter overall. Sorry, my bad.

As for leaving your thread... I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing. I'm certain you didn't want to share your joy only with like minded individuals who'd praise you incessantly for striving to be only mildly stronger in game than the weakest. If you did, you've private chatted with them. Instead, here you are sharing with us all. :)
Some months ago, the OP smugly boasted about being a bully; later clarified to being a bully in the context of FoE, not in the real world. It's no surprise they aren't interested in demonstrating any actual prowess as a fighter; perhaps because they can't.

DeletedUser29563

Mathew the magnificent75 said:
Try showing us pictures of all the hood badasses with very high defenses & advanced Age troops that you actually had to use your months of diligent effort building up strength & fighting skill to defeat.

I never posted this...

DeletedUser30900

The subject of people disconnecting their cities coinciding with getting plundered comes up fairly often throughout the forum. A few even insist (wrongly, of course) that it's a wonderful strategy to fix being plundered. Some will take what they learn from others here & implement ways of making their city more successful. Others won't or can't (for whatever their reasons).

Furthermore, I feel that plunderers aren't under any obligation to help others find ways to be better in any aspect of their game. You don't have to feel bad about someone disconnecting, either. Feel whatever you want, and share your experiences. I don't care.

Why am I here in your thread?

The vast majority of folks who are disconnecting have gotten to a point in their game where they feel frustrated & firmly stuck (or know they're very very close to being so). They've already stopped progressing adequately in their eyes. No matter what they do, they're unable to figure out any correct strategies to again begin having what they consider a successful city. Their situation is entirely of their own making (often due to limited understanding of game fundementals, etc). Disconnecting is simply yet another of their numerous failed methods/attempts at trying to find ways to be successful again.

Putting it bluntly, disconnecting their city is merely one of many symptoms of their own stagnant progress based on that individual's own self-standards. You, as a plunderer, are doing absolutely nothing to create or contribute to their own failing decisions/actions. They're clever enough to be accomplishing that on their very own.

Yet, you really want to take credit for something you have not actually contributed to in any way: "... Personally I think by forcing a player to disconnect his city is one of the two big victories as plunder."

By your own admission, the pinnacle of your own personal accomplishments in plundering - what you strive for most of all & collect "trophies" of along the way - is for having, in reality, done nothing. What'd you do exactly... make them feel more stuck than firmly stuck?

I find your primary measure of plundering accomplishment exceedingly more pointless then the actions of those folks disconnecting their cities. Very amusing.
So you are that kind of guy gonna watch videos about the interview for drug addicts and rapist and feel sorry about their messed up childhood or bad parents?
Nobody should give 2 cents about the real reason behind failer's failure. They failed.
I don't care the real reason they gave up their cities(busy schedule, loss of motivation to continue or "wife has cancer"). I plundered them 7 times every week and they disconnected their cities, leaving me a curse mail or not. Thus I take a screenshot and put the city into my trophy room. Simple.

DeletedUser33179

Mathew the magnificent75 said:
Try showing us pictures of all the hood badasses with very high defenses & advanced Age troops that you actually had to use your months of diligent effort building up strength & fighting skill to defeat.

I never posted this...

Yep, you're correct. I posted it. You somehow got mixed up/misquoted into the other poster's reply.

Volodya

If in your world can't means not willing to and don't see a reason to do so. I guess you are right.
In my world the goal of playing games is to successfully meet challenges against worthy opponents, not to take candy from babies.

And yes, in your case anyway I strongly suspect that not willing to is another way of saying can't.

Agent327

So you are that kind of guy gonna watch videos about the interview for drug addicts and rapist and feel sorry about their messed up childhood or bad parents?
Nobody should give 2 cents about the real reason behind failer's failure. They failed.

Then why do you need to boast about their failure and desperately want to be the reason for it?

I don't care the real reason they gave up their cities(busy schedule, loss of motivation to continue or "wife has cancer"). I plundered them 7 times every week and they disconnected their cities, leaving me a curse mail or not. Thus I take a screenshot and put the city into my trophy room. Simple.

No you don't care as long as you can make yourself and more important others believe the reason is you.

DeletedUser

In my world the goal of playing games is to successfully meet challenges against worthy opponents, not to take candy from babies.
So you would be opposed to owners of high-level Arcs sniping reward spots from those without the high-level Arc?

Bruadhin

So you would be opposed to owners of high-level Arcs sniping reward spots from those without the high-level Arc?

That is a game mechanic. It happens and it does suck when it happens to you.

I would think poorly of anyone who went around bragging about it as if it was an actual accomplishment. You might as well Instagram tying your shoes in the morning. For the vast majority of people, it isn't an accomplishment, much less one worth bragging about.

Volodya

No, I'm not opposed to that, although I typically avoid doing it myself, at least when it's clear a lower-level player has invested considerable resources into winning a spot. More to the point, I wouldn't much appreciate a thread dedicated to chortling about the fps the lower player wasted.

DeletedUser33179

If you have to bring real-life terrible situations/people into a debate to make any point regarding an online game, then you possess no valid point.

You created the theme for this thread: sharing with "everyone" your "joy" in the epitome of actual physical "accomplishments" of plundering as defined by you.

Yet, you haven't actually done a single thing to contribute to those cities' failings. As you clearly stated, you don't care that you weren't really the reason, but still wish to take credit for it.

You happened upon a failing city and took a picture of it. Nothing more. If you personally enjoyed what you saw, so be it. You have total right to your own feelings about anything. But trying to pass yourself off as having made an accomplishment of any kind in this game that you never did is dishonest (and more than a tad pathetic IMHO).

DeletedUser30900

You happened upon a failing city and took a picture of it. Nothing more. If you personally enjoyed what you saw, so be it. You have total right to your own feelings about anything. But trying to pass yourself off as having made an accomplishment of any kind in this game that you never did is dishonest (and more than a tad pathetic IMHO).
I accelerated the process of a failer's failure. You can say I didn't, but neither of us can make sure if it's true. If you think I'm taking the credit that doesn't belong to me, try to take a pic of some disconnect cities in your neighborhood without plundering them to death nor letting your neighbors doing so. I think that will be a long shot.

DeletedUser30900

Good for you, but it has nothing to do with me.
And yes, in your case anyway I strongly suspect that not willing to is another way of saying can't.
Keep thinking that way then.

DeletedUser

That is a game mechanic. It happens and it does suck when it happens to you.

I would think poorly of anyone who went around bragging about it as if it was an actual accomplishment. You might as well Instagram tying your shoes in the morning. For the vast majority of people, it isn't an accomplishment, much less one worth bragging about.
No, I'm not opposed to that, although I typically avoid doing it myself, at least when it's clear a lower-level player has invested considerable resources into winning a spot. More to the point, I wouldn't much appreciate a thread dedicated to chortling about the fps the lower player wasted.
I didn't ask about "bragging about it", I don't care about that. I was just curious as to whether your aversion to "taking candy from babies" extended to a more socially acceptable form of it. Using a high-level Arc to snipe reward positions from players without one is the equivalent of attacking/plundering much weaker players. In fact, it's actually worse, because most plunderers will attack most hoodies and plunder any that they are able to, even if they're roughly equal in strength, whereas high-level Arc owners conspire with each other to crowd out players without one.

Bruadhin

I didn't ask about "bragging about it", I don't care about that. I was just curious as to whether your aversion to "taking candy from babies" extended to a more socially acceptable form of it. Using a high-level Arc to snipe reward positions from players without one is the equivalent of attacking/plundering much weaker players. In fact, it's actually worse, because most plunderers will attack most hoodies and plunder any that they are able to, even if they're roughly equal in strength, whereas high-level Arc owners conspire with each other to crowd out players without one.

Having been sniped and plundered, both sucked. But that is part of the game and I have in turn done it to others as this point, although not with a high-level Arc. Neither made me angry at the person as it is a game mechanism, and even that was more a moment's irritation.

Now, if someone then went and proceeded to send me messages bragging about or went to the internet to post pictures and brag about it, then I would find that in very poor taste. I believe I have been very clear and consistent on this point.

DeletedUser

Having been sniped and plundered, both sucked. But that is part of the game and I have in turn done it to others as this point, although not with a high-level Arc. Neither made me angry at the person as it is a game mechanism, and even that was more a moment's irritation.

Now, if someone then went and proceeded to send me messages bragging about or went to the internet to post pictures and brag about it, then I would find that in very poor taste. I believe I have been very clear and consistent on this point.
As I stated, I don't care about the bragging part. I have no interest in that discussion. I asked another player who had made a comment about what they considered the "goal of playing a game", whether their statement to another equivalent aspect of the game.