• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The daunting tower inquiry

Oswyn the noble

A one time building then after one day it becomes a useless decoration? I was hoping the 50% attack boost was an ongoing thing. Well by tomorrow most likely it will be sold in AD..i learned lesson a long time ago, if have too many "happiness" statues/monuments, by aiding only them will rob much needed aiding to other more important structures.

Emberguard

Correct.

I could imagine it maybe being useful if that's all you went for when it's available during a Daily Special, and then went crazy in Guild Battlegrounds if you have a good setup for the season with a bunch of those 50% buildings, and the troops on hand to make it worthwhile. Especially if you could get enough of the building to put a decent boost down, and then replace them in 24-hrs time so you're extending the total time period.

But really something permanent is going to be of more use to most players.

Oswyn the noble

It would have been really cool if had 2 of em boosting 100% attack i could of become the terror of my world in attack and plundering :p.oh well, ill just enjoy it today

xivarmy

It would have been really cool if had 2 of em boosting 100% attack i could of become the terror of my world in attack and plundering :p.oh well, ill just enjoy it today
It would've been a new best for attack-efficiency at *2%*. 50% permanent boost in a 1x1 would've been game-destroying.

As is it's a neat trick to perform once :) Drop (say) 20 of em, gain 1000% attack boost, and go nuts in GBG for 24 hours. Decide whether that's something you want to work towards permanently, requiring many many upgrades, or isn't as big a deal as you might've thought.

Ebeondi Asi

An item like this should have been some sort of recurring permanent reward. Say use it one full 24hr day, then t takes 72 hours from last opening to recharge. (and yes you have to click on it to activate.
That would be worth while in a major way. At 72 hours then you could have four of them with one running at all times. Cool.

xivarmy

An item like this should have been some sort of recurring permanent reward. Say use it one full 24hr day, then t takes 72 hours from last opening to recharge. (and yes you have to click on it to activate.
That would be worth while in a major way. At 72 hours then you could have four of them with one running at all times. Cool.
My suggestion was that expired it should give 1% attack boost (rather than be something you definitely delete)

Your numbers would still be way too much power creep. It'd still have to be somewhere south of 10% boost if it was "on a quarter of the time" - maybe as low as 5% considering the utility of picking when it's on.

Oswyn the noble

I just found out iam stuck with the tower forever. Cant sell it, cant put back in inventory. I purged many happiness statues and monuments a while ago because they rob much needed aiding to other more important bldgs. There should have been a disclaimer when hover over it when getting description warning you that despite it only having 24 hr effect, it cant be put in inventory nor sold in AD

wolfhoundtoo

If you could put it back into inventory you'd no doubt expect to get the 24 hour count down again or at least I can easily imagine players coming here and going "I Just placed it and am not getting the boost". I

Big-Bendz

So Daunting Tower can be deleted once used up? I don't want to have a useless 3X3 building there forever ugh

Sharmon the Impaler

It is superseded by the 300% bottle boosts. Plus you can do as many defense 300% as you want.
No it isn't. The daunting tower stacks and it last for 24 hours. The 300% does not stack and is good for 30 minutes. I stacked 58 with 28 200% defense potions just for fun and while only good as a novelty it was fun while it lasted.

xivarmy

So Daunting Tower can be deleted once used up? I don't want to have a useless 3X3 building there forever ugh
yes it can be deleted. It'll have a confirmation window even when it's used up for some bizarre reason. But it's not a problem to delete.

Mor-Rioghain

I am no longer able to sell my daunting towers in the auctioneer's booth. I don't know why but even though I have them unchecked in my inventory, they do not show up on the list when I bring it up to choose from. Annoying! I don't remember what I made in coins/gems on them but it wasn't shabby and I'd like to get rid of them.

Sharmon the Impaler

I am no longer able to sell my daunting towers in the auctioneer's booth. I don't know why but even though I have them unchecked in my inventory, they do not show up on the list when I bring it up to choose from. Annoying! I don't remember what I made in coins/gems on them but it wasn't shabby and I'd like to get rid of them.
You cannot sell any limited time building , you can only delete them.