• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Real Life Ages using FoE Prefix

Triopoly Champion

If a person was born in the 1980s, this scenario will fit.

Startup Age
Baby Age
Island Age
Early Millennial Age
High Millennial Age
Late Millennial Age
Recreation Age
Creative Age
Instrumental Age
Prosperity Era
Movie Era
Playboy Mansion Era
Concert Era
Trademark Era
Forever Exotic
Architect Fame
Orchestration Fame

DeletedUser31440

Im a late 80s boy and this makes no sense to me lol

+1 for creativity though ;)
Other end of the 80s spectrum here, and I also have no clue.

You both obviously don't have the mental capacities to fully understand what is happening in tucker's mind. That being said I'm at a complete loss as well, I'm just happy that tucker is still blessing us with his profound thoughts and ideas.

DeletedUser33003

For those us born in the 80's, I don't find that the millennial point of view or references ever apply to us, because we don't identify with any of it. I think we've been conveniently smashed in with millennials because the way generations are view is 40 years at a time. I think we as 80's babies, and millennials have skewed that way of thinking moving forward, and sometime in the future a group of social "scientists" will make a well-rehearsed argument to re-thinking generation definitions.

We were Gen X, then Gen Y, and now we get neither of those titles and get lumped in with millennials. Maybe we should just continue to define ourselves, and let those watching think what they will........have I thought about this too long already?

DeletedUser31592

For those us born in the 80's, I don't find that the millennial point of view or references ever apply to us, because we don't identify with any of it. I think we've been conveniently smashed in with millennials because the way generations are view is 40 years at a time. I think we as 80's babies, and millennials have skewed that way of thinking moving forward, and sometime in the future a group of social "scientists" will make a well-rehearsed argument to re-thinking generation definitions.

We were Gen X, then Gen Y, and now we get neither of those titles and get lumped in with millennials. Maybe we should just continue to define ourselves, and let those watching think what they will........have I thought about this too long already?

Going off on a tangent here, but they have stuck some people in what they call a 'microgeneration'. The "Xennials", which I fall into. It basically covers people born between 1977 and 1983 (some say 1984). Basically, we had an early childhood pre-modern technology (cell phones, computers, internet, heavily distributed household video games, etc..) but we were able to adapt to the modern technology, too.

I was in middle school in 1994 when we got the internet at home. There were only a few people at my school with internet. Two years later, nearly everyone had it. I also had a typing class- with typewriters- in middle school. Even in high school (and college sometimes, too), the internet wasn't advanced enough and you still had to go to the actual library to research for class projects/papers. Today's kids can't fathom this.

DeletedUser33003

I'm from 81. The part of the world I grew up in, the Puget Sound region, had computer classes, to include internet introduction. The internet courses were after-school, and the other computer classes were one-offs done within the time of a different class, like Social Studies, Language, etc.

By the time I got to high school, a whole two years later, they had an entire wing with four computer labs, classes running at full tilt, and even made typing mandatory, as well as your choice of Word Programs, or Introduction to IT Systems.

I'll never forget watching the stages of AOL dial-up, with anticipation. Or bulletin boards!

Man, things have changed greatly, in a very short period. You're right, kids can't fathom how quickly we've come along in technology. It moves so incredibly fast.

Graviton

I'm in that same boat, generation label-wise. I was born in '62 so I'm included at the tail end of the Baby Boomers but I've got precious little in common with them, the first of whom were born in the late '40s. That's quite a stretch, it comes within 4 years of including both me and my parents!

You '80s whippersnappers...my daughters were born in the '80s. Get off my lawn.

DeletedUser33003

[QUOTE="Graviton, post: You '80s whippersnappers...my daughters were born in the '80s. Get off my lawn.[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Best reply ever!