• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Solo War Machine

• Thread starter DeletedUser24667
  • Start date

DeletedUser24667

First, none of what's contained here is meant as an insult or a complaint. It's an objective observation from someone who's been playing for 1-1/2 years, and has been in most of the top guilds. One thing I can say with certainty, is that most guilds have good people running them. And most of my guildmates have been helpful and friendly. It took me over a year to become involved in GvG. Most of what I'm going to say is opinion, some of it is fact.
I will admit, I don't know the long history of "L" world. Around the time I began tinkering with GvG, solo had already established itself atop the world rankings. I can see that others held that position at some point, but this is where the history actually begins for me. It's certainly an accomplishment to reach the top, and for the most part, when I look at global chat, Solo's people represent themselves well. The only issue I have with solo, are her many alliances. These I do not believe, are beneficial to "L" world.
Inf./Inf, Ronin, RoninDeux, Valor, AllTheKingsMen, ThoughtSheWasLevel19, HouseofLuna, etc, etc, are all guilds who have "agreements" with Solo. Some are very close allies, others are somewhat less, but collectively these guilds control most, if not all of the maps. That's a good thing if you happen to belong to one of those guilds. Not so much if you don't.
Again, this is nothing personal for me, against anyone in those guilds. I've been in most of them, and they are run by good, decent people, with good members. But the map control doesn't make for interesting play.
For that reason. I sought out the "anti-solo" guilds. These were guilds whose main intent it seemed, was to fight against this map monopoly. I found Congregatim, Goodfellas, Limitless, and now Stars of FOE. Funny thing, these guilds also have good people. But they are for now, the underdogs.
I don't know if I'll be playing long enough to see the pendulum swing the other way, but it sure would be more interesting if it did. So if you're reading this, and you're someone who's on the fence gvg-wise, or tired of being told who you can't attack, or who your guild can't attack, maybe it's time to consider switching teams. See-Saws aren't much fun when there's too much weight on one end.

DeletedUser13056

Well if you DID know the history, you'd know we didn't start this fire (Solo). We were attacked - we got mad - we got attacked for getting mad. So we fought. The so-called underdogs then hit more guilds - then more - they were at that time anything BUT underdogs and all make a habit of threatening any guild that won't hit us. As you said, you do NOT know the history. Nor that we help any guild trying to get a foothold - many of our so-called allies are former enemies tired of the BS.

DeletedUser12620

First, none of what's contained here is meant as an insult or a complaint. It's an objective observation from someone who's been playing for 1-1/2 years, and has been in most of the top guilds. One thing I can say with certainty, is that most guilds have good people running them. And most of my guildmates have been helpful and friendly. It took me over a year to become involved in GvG. Most of what I'm going to say is opinion, some of it is fact.
I will admit, I don't know the long history of "L" world. Around the time I began tinkering with GvG, solo had already established itself atop the world rankings. I can see that others held that position at some point, but this is where the history actually begins for me. It's certainly an accomplishment to reach the top, and for the most part, when I look at global chat, Solo's people represent themselves well. The only issue I have with solo, are her many alliances. These I do not believe, are beneficial to "L" world.
Inf./Inf, Ronin, RoninDeux, Valor, AllTheKingsMen, ThoughtSheWasLevel19, HouseofLuna, etc, etc, are all guilds who have "agreements" with Solo. Some are very close allies, others are somewhat less, but collectively these guilds control most, if not all of the maps. That's a good thing if you happen to belong to one of those guilds. Not so much if you don't.
Again, this is nothing personal for me, against anyone in those guilds. I've been in most of them, and they are run by good, decent people, with good members. But the map control doesn't make for interesting play.
For that reason. I sought out the "anti-solo" guilds. These were guilds whose main intent it seemed, was to fight against this map monopoly. I found Congregatim, Goodfellas, Limitless, and now Stars of FOE. Funny thing, these guilds also have good people. But they are for now, the underdogs.
I don't know if I'll be playing long enough to see the pendulum swing the other way, but it sure would be more interesting if it did. So if you're reading this, and you're someone who's on the fence gvg-wise, or tired of being told who you can't attack, or who your guild can't attack, maybe it's time to consider switching teams. See-Saws aren't much fun when there's too much weight on one end.

Those types guilds are loved by many and hated by few!

Aka rogue guilds or freedom fighters call them what you want.

DeletedUser24667

Well if you DID know the history, you'd know we didn't start this fire (Solo). We were attacked - we got mad - we got attacked for getting mad. So we fought. The so-called underdogs then hit more guilds - then more - they were at that time anything BUT underdogs and all make a habit of threatening any guild that won't hit us. As you said, you do NOT know the history. Nor that we help any guild trying to get a foothold - many of our so-called allies are former enemies tired of the BS.
I don't doubt a single word you said. My concern isn't with the history, as much as current events. First, I have to tell you I'm very impressed with your gvg map position. Not only is Solo firmly in 1st place, but you're situated almost ideally on many of the maps; far away from landing zones, sitting on premium sectors, with your allies acting as a buffer. Job well done. But just like any member of a "younger generation" (in this case, a younger generation of FOE players) my history begins much more recently. I was in a guild some months ago, that came under threat of attack from Solo if they dared to attack guild "x". The guild leader wasn't too happy about it, but caved in to your threats. That's what started me on the anti-solo road. As I said before, I've been in many guilds, and they all have good people. Unable to make out the "good guys" from the "bad guys", I decided to align myself against the map bully, for want of a better term. This "war", is decidedly one-sided, all history aside. I'm not complaining at all, because there's no shortage of targets on the maps. But let's not pretend Solo doesn't throw it's considerable weight around when it suits it's purpose.

DeletedUser13056

... Unable to make out the "good guys" from the "bad guys", I decided to align myself against the map bully, for want of a better term. This "war", is decidedly one-sided, all history aside. I'm not complaining at all, because there's no shortage of targets on the maps. But let's not pretend Solo doesn't throw it's considerable weight around when it suits it's purpose.

I checked your history. Interesting history there - all but 2 of the 6 guilds you've been in are at war with us. One other never hits anyone and I've never asked him for anything. The ONLY one I can imagine saying we threatened them was allied to Goodfellas - the guild that started this whole war - until they asked for shelter from us when Goodfellas kept using them. So now they are on a thread with us - and ask before hitting someone if they are friend or foe. That's it - we don't threaten anyone with an attack if they hit anyone other than a few guilds we have very bad history with and they are under threat if they hit our allies. That is standard practice - your buddies threaten to hit neutral guilds and Solo allies if they won't attack Solo!! Then they do it - relentlessly.
As for the rest of it - if it's being a bully to have lots of friends, most because they came to us when our enemies attacked them and a few because we've always been good friends, then we are that bully. We offer our real allies (the ones where it's mutual) land behind us, under our protection. Every one of them has refused - they are mad and want to fight. If you cared to know, the bullying against us and our allies was non-stop and we obviously were not always #1. Nor do we really expect to stay there for long. It's none of your business why or how we're #1 nor what our plans are for the future. But yeah, we'll always throw our considerable weight around, to stand up to the real bullies. Everything is a matter of perspective. You might ask yourself why most side with us.
But we are NOT the ones threatening smaller guilds - we have a very clear internal policy against which we constantly measure ourselves. We don't hit unless we are hit - and once hit, watch out! But we will forgive a small guild that doesn't know us, and we've made a lot of long-term friends that way. And oh yeah, we have hit 1 guild before they hit us and we were rewarded with a long tough battle that hasn't ended and has cost us greatly. But so be it - we failed and it's a war game. If you did know any history or had access to the many screenshots of mail sent by our enemies to guilds a fraction of their size, you'd know where the bullying occurs. I was actually told after this war started, by the guild leader that started it, that he never guessed how strong we were when he attacked us...history of their guild suggests he only attacked us because he thought he could crush us. We do far more with far less of everything - because we show up and fight. PERIOD. It's a war game - we're at war.

DeletedUser24667

I don't doubt a single word you said. My concern isn't with the history, as much as current events. First, I have to tell you I'm very impressed with your gvg map position. Not only is Solo firmly in 1st place, but you're situated almost ideally on many of the maps; far away from landing zones, sitting on premium sectors, with your allies acting as a buffer. Job well done. But just like any member of a "younger generation" (in this case, a younger generation of FOE players) my history begins much more recently. I was in a guild some months ago, that came under threat of attack from Solo if they dared to attack guild "x". The guild leader wasn't too happy about it, but caved in to your threats. That's what started me on the anti-solo road. As I said before, I've been in many guilds, and they all have good people. Unable to make out the "good guys" from the "bad guys", I decided to align myself against the map bully, for want of a better term. This "war", is decidedly one-sided, all history aside. I'm not complaining at all, because there's no shortage of targets on the maps. But let's not pretend Solo doesn't throw it's considerable weight around when it suits it's purpose.
I checked your history. Interesting history there - all but 2 of the 6 guilds you've been in are at war with us. One other never hits anyone and I've never asked him for anything. The ONLY one I can imagine saying we threatened them was allied to Goodfellas - the guild that started this whole war - until they asked for shelter from us when Goodfellas kept using them. So now they are on a thread with us - and ask before hitting someone if they are friend or foe. That's it - we don't threaten anyone with an attack if they hit anyone other than a few guilds we have very bad history with and they are under threat if they hit our allies. That is standard practice - your buddies threaten to hit neutral guilds and Solo allies if they won't attack Solo!! Then they do it - relentlessly.
As for the rest of it - if it's being a bully to have lots of friends, most because they came to us when our enemies attacked them and a few because we've always been good friends, then we are that bully. We offer our real allies (the ones where it's mutual) land behind us, under our protection. Every one of them has refused - they are mad and want to fight. If you cared to know, the bullying against us and our allies was non-stop and we obviously were not always #1. Nor do we really expect to stay there for long. It's none of your business why or how we're #1 nor what our plans are for the future. But yeah, we'll always throw our considerable weight around, to stand up to the real bullies. Everything is a matter of perspective. You might ask yourself why most side with us.
But we are NOT the ones threatening smaller guilds - we have a very clear internal policy against which we constantly measure ourselves. We don't hit unless we are hit - and once hit, watch out! But we will forgive a small guild that doesn't know us, and we've made a lot of long-term friends that way. And oh yeah, we have hit 1 guild before they hit us and we were rewarded with a long tough battle that hasn't ended and has cost us greatly. But so be it - we failed and it's a war game. If you did know any history or had access to the many screenshots of mail sent by our enemies to guilds a fraction of their size, you'd know where the bullying occurs. I was actually told after this war started, by the guild leader that started it, that he never guessed how strong we were when he attacked us...history of their guild suggests he only attacked us because he thought he could crush us. We do far more with far less of everything - because we show up and fight. PERIOD. It's a war game - we're at war.

Tynk: "I checked your history. Interesting history there - all but 2 of the 6 guilds you've been in are at war with us."

I've been in more than 6 guilds. Probably more like 10, including 4 that I originally named as solo "friends". I'm not sure why or how any of that relates to what I wrote about the imbalance of power, but it does qualify me to tell you that most, if not all guilds are made up of predominantly good people. Even the ones that are at war with you.

Tynk: "The ONLY one I can imagine saying we threatened them was allied to Goodfellas"

Maybe you've lost count. :) I assure you, the guild you threatened was no ally of GF. Unless I was lied to by it's founder, I was told when I was a member of Blood Oath, that we couldn't attack Valor as per Solo, or we would come under attack by you. It wasn't an off-the-wall comment, we actually had a lengthy conversation about it. Blood Oath was trying hard to remain neutral at the time. It was like being assimilated by the "borg". I understand it's a war game, and you're trying to protect your friends, but let's drop the pretense.

Tynk: "As for the rest of it - if it's being a bully to have lots of friends..."

I never made such a statement. I used the term "map bully" to describe the events that led me to look for an "anti-solo" guild, when I was a member of Blood Oath. And I really don't have an issue with you having a lot of friends, other than I think the map play is very limited. I understand there's a history behind what's happened, but again I can only speak to what I'm seeing now. It wasn't my intent to attack you, but seeing how I'm making an issue about the rather large alliance that's currently controlling the maps, of which you're at the top of, I can understand you getting a little defensive about it. I was really trying to appeal to those "fence-sitting" players, when I spoke about the imbalance of power. I'd like to see things get a little more interesting.

Morena the great

funny as I read I have to laugh a bit we(Goodfellas) are anything but the underdogs as we know map holdings do not decide who's guild is underdogs or not its merely a small part of the whole picture. if any one of these guilds were to fight one-on-one but of course they never do, they would clearly be no match against Goodfellas they choose to use their numerous ghost guilds to do most of there fighting and attack often more than 2 to 1 at times.
If we had all of our members on at the same time there would be no challenge and we would dominate
we by choice are not holding sectors so do not think you are number 1 because you are oh so powerful remember not to let your numberone status go to your heads I wouldnt want to be you when we burst your bubble because we at Goodfellas allow you to stay at number 1 is the only reason why you are #1

DeletedUser17044

So Goodfellas loses because you can't make friends? Or perhaps it was the friends you made were losers and it rubbed off? Who knows. I do know this... Goodfellas doesn't hold land because you can't hold land. If you think you can I say prove it. We will gladly take you to school again. Frankly we need a good war to make things interesting again!!

DeletedUser31490

I want to know the following things.

- How is GF's Credit Card Statements looking these days.
- Whatever Marcus is Puffing on, I want a good hit. I haven't had a good high like that in ages.
- How come the sky is blue.
- Why dairy products give me bad gas let em rip like an AK 47
- If I can get Morena's autograph.

That is all I have on my wish list and I wish everyone here a great experience in Forge Of Empires. This game has brought us all together to share fond memories with and we can tell our grand kids one day about our heroic tales and journeys in Forge Of Empires.

DeletedUser13056

I just noticed this "objective" observation - not all those guilds are affiliated with us. Just want to be careful as those who are tend to get bullied by the guilds who want to kill us...so if you go by this list, you'll get it wrong. Not saying we don't have a lot of alliances and friends - many of whom were given to us by our enemies' actions causing them to change allegiances - but most aren't even on this list. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29699

I want to know the following things.

- How is GF's Credit Card Statements looking these days.
- Whatever Marcus is Puffing on, I want a good hit. I haven't had a good high like that in ages.
- How come the sky is blue.
- Why dairy products give me bad gas let em rip like an AK 47
- If I can get Morena's autograph.

That is all I have on my wish list and I wish everyone here a great experience in Forge Of Empires. This game has brought us all together to share fond memories with and we can tell our grand kids one day about our heroic tales and journeys in Forge Of Emp

DeletedUser29699

I just noticed this "objective" observation - not all those guilds are affiliated with us. Just want to be careful as those who are tend to get bullied by the guilds who want to kill us...so if you go by this list, you'll get it wrong. Not saying we don't have a lot of alliances and friends - many of whom were given to us by our enemies' actions causing them to change allegiances - but most aren't even on this list. :)
I'm friends w/ this guy. Well I'll smoke it too!

DeletedUser29264

we have a very clear internal policy against which we constantly measure ourselves. We don't hit unless we are hit - and once hit, watch out! But we will forgive a small guild that doesn't know us, and we've made a lot of long-term friends that way. And oh yeah, we have hit 1 guild before they hit us and we were rewarded with a long tough battle that hasn't ended and has cost us greatly. But so be it - we failed and it's a war game.

This was worth the read. Now that you have 20/20 hindsight, was it worth breaking your agreement tynk? You lost #1 ... oh my bad ... you willingly gave up #1 to fight your enemies, all because you wanted to attack someone that agreed never to attack you or your allies!

DeletedUser28686

funny as I read I have to laugh a bit we(Goodfellas) are anything but the underdogs as we know map holdings do not decide who's guild is underdogs or not its merely a small part of the whole picture. if any one of these guilds were to fight one-on-one but of course they never do, they would clearly be no match against Goodfellas they choose to use their numerous ghost guilds to do most of there fighting and attack often more than 2 to 1 at times.
If we had all of our members on at the same time there would be no challenge and we would dominate
we by choice are not holding sectors so do not think you are number 1 because you are oh so powerful remember not to let your numberone status go to your heads I wouldnt want to be you when we burst your bubble because we at Goodfellas allow you to stay at number 1 is the only reason why you are #1
i must say look at whoses #1 now go gf

DeletedUser13056

This was worth the read. Now that you have 20/20 hindsight, was it worth breaking your agreement tynk? You lost #1 ... oh my bad ... you willingly gave up #1 to fight your enemies, all because you wanted to attack someone that agreed never to attack you or your allies!
awww kip put your ego away - I meant Stars we hit them in Indy years ago and they haven't quit hating us since - before we even had a policy or much of anything in maps - waaaaay long ago!

Houston Don

They've merged with Ronin and become "Rolo"
The urban dictionary has a funny meaning for the term...lol.
But it's nearly a year after the original post. Goodfellas has undeniably dominated the maps for much of that time with Congregatim, Limitless, and DC also faring well against what was once thought of as the undefeatable bully on the block. So what happened?