• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Theater - keep or send to the trash heep

blueskydwg

I'm kind of hanging out a bit in LMA and was wondering if it's time to get rid of my theater? I've looked at the towns of some of the friends and neighbors around me and don't see a lot of them still there.

I've just gotten the blueprints for the Temple of Relics and I need some space. Thought the theater might be the best thing to go.

Thoughts?

DeletedUser32389

I'm kind of hanging out a bit in LMA and was wondering if it's time to get rid of my theater? I've looked at the towns of some of the friends and neighbors around me and don't see a lot of them still there.

I've just gotten the blueprints for the Temple of Relics and I need some space. Thought the theater might be the best thing to go.

Thoughts?
Premium buildings offer a good value for the footprint. What you need to do is calculate that value. Happiness provided / footprint will give you the efficiency of the building. When something more efficient is available, use that instead. I would avoid buying premium culture and deco buildings in the future for this reason, in an age or two that building will be outdone by regular (non premium) buildings. I have a good friend that's over 38 million points, in FE and still keeps his theater right next to his town hall. Just a thespian at heart I suppose
Z3Y7LuA.jpg

blueskydwg

Thanks Hootengoben - that makes sense. All of the LMA regular cultural bldgs have better efficiency ratios. And I have at least one of each. I think I had an emotional attachment since it was one of the first things in the game I used diamonds for - before I really understood the significance of that. And every time I start to "sell" the theater I get that message about not getting anything back - it gives me pause. :p

OK, ready to jettison the flotsam.

Freshmeboy

Bluesky, that mentality is shared by many players...and one they should get rid of soon after they start the game. I see players in HMA with BA longhouses because they just can't let them go. The game is designed for consistent tear downs and rebuilds and, for me, it's part of the fun. Any building that can be replaced by a better one of smaller size should be replaced immediately, and that imcludes event and premium buildings. Whether you store them or delete, don't let nostalgia get in the way of your progress...Good luck

blueskydwg

Bluesky, that mentality is shared by many players...and one they should get rid of soon after they start the game. I see players in HMA with BA longhouses because they just can't let them go. The game is designed for consistent tear downs and rebuilds and, for me, it's part of the fun. Any building that can be replaced by a better one of smaller size should be replaced immediately, and that imcludes event and premium buildings. Whether you store them or delete, don't let nostalgia get in the way of your progress...Good luck

Thanks - I did manage to let go of my longhouses as soon as I determined that there were better options - but I've got my theater tucked in an out of the way place and just lost track of it. As soon as I have some time to do some rearranging, it's gone. :)