• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Things we missed

• Thread starter Deleted member 30220
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I started playing FOE some time ago, almost 4 years.
I work during the day and have some free time when I get back from work, until the evening.
Not a lot of time, mind you, and in between, I can't really play, definitely not when I am working.
I somehow believe that there is a great number of people that have the same program as me, and are limited in the time for games.
Consequently I try to build my city for once a day tasks, but here I am hindered by the comments of those that seem to have 24 hours, 7 days a week time to play.
I would like to start a list of things that we missed, mainly because they are "mentioned in DNSL"
First of all - automated Aid; I tend to aid and not attack to plunder since this is more efficient, and I hope to aid back.
I need about 15 minutes to finish aiding (and tavern visiting) for my friends, guild and hood
I don't enjoy that waste of time, more because the time slips and in days when I came home late, the aid will slip for tomorrow.
Inno developers, I need an automated aid that will finish 140 friends, 75 neighbors and 50 to 60 guildies in one minute.

Second - GvG. The GvG action is concentrated at reset time, because of the 24 hour shield time. I live in another time zone, than the server and for me reset is at 3 am.
Consequence - can't play GvG
I am waiting for others to write down what they missed.
This is not a proposal, as such the mod attack dogs and cheerleaders do not need to comment
We simply record what we miss, because, well, we are ignored

Graviton

This is not a proposal, as such the mod attack dogs and cheerleaders do not need to comment
We simply record what we miss, because, well, we are ignored

Any time I see somebody attempt to pre-emptively dismiss discussion and disagreement, I'm tempted to call BS on the entire post. It's a tacit admission that you're espousing unpopular opinions but you don't want anybody to point that out. Much as you might try, you cannot control what other people think or what they post. I would suggest taking advantage of the Ignore feature if it bothers you that much that people don't love everything you say.

I was going to dive into the content of your post but you already said you don't want that, so I'll fulfill your prophecy and ignore it.

UBERhelp1

This is off topic, I'm sorry, but has anyone else noticed that since he "left" the forum, a certain member is still lurking and liking posts?

On topic, aiding will always take time, and it isn't that big of a deal in my opinion. As for GvG, that's on the way out anyway.

DreadfulCadillac

This is off topic, I'm sorry, but has anyone else noticed that since he "left" the forum, a certain member is still lurking and liking posts?

On topic, aiding will always take time, and it isn't that big of a deal in my opinion. As for GvG, that's on the way out anyway.
#SaveGVG2020

DeletedUser

I simply asked for players that have missed something to help me add to the list - since all the cheerleaders have nothing to complain - why should you post on a thread that counts the thing you missed

Graviton

I simply asked for players that have missed something to help me add to the list - since all the cheerleaders have nothing to complain - why should you post on a thread that counts the thing you missed

The same reason I post in any other thread: because I feel like it. Also because when somebody whines in advance about disagreement, I am compelled to point out how silly that is. I'm immature that way.

Your items aren't things we missed, though, they are things we've never had, that Inno has essentially stated we never will have. Things we had that I miss: the Easter Egg Event and Historical Questlines.

DeletedUser

Treasure hunt, I almost forgot, that's a good one, the Daily quest makes me keep a fleet of blacksmiths
What was the old ranking, by the way?

The Lady Redneck

The main thing I miss is the space between Events where we had time to really build up our stocks in time for the next one and discuss what the new Event building would be. Now this is no longer anticipation it is expectation. And can even be "ANOTHER one to clutter up our inventories" The anticipation seems to be how much will it be worth in the AD.

As for GvG being concentrated at the one time. Yes it is, but not completely so any more.. We work the different time zones into our strstegy, Today I have not long finished doing some GvG battles along with allies to set things up for those who will battle at recalc. All planned out in advance.

RazorbackPirate

I see nothing that you've missed, just stuff you want changed. A wish list of items that are on the DNSL Something we already have a thread for. What is the point of this thread? Why aren't you putting this stuff on there?

Agent327

Treasure hunt, I almost forgot, that's a good one, the Daily quest makes me keep a fleet of blacksmiths
What was the old ranking, by the way?

For one, guilds got their ranking from the total of ranking points their members had.
Players also got points for coins and supplies collected.