• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Thoughts on recent changes to the game

Portia the Benevolent

Thinking about GE5 and SAT, I think what Inno did was brilliant. The game was totally unbalanced. No need for any kind of city defense, so you didn’t bother with it. You didn’t bother with any GBs that focused on city military; no one needed bps after a while, so winning them was a waste; and all the goods you’d get from rewards, at least for me, were not needed. I had almost 100,000 of each Jupiter good (more or less useless) when I moved to Titan. Plus, no one cared much about GBs focused on goods.

Inno fixed all three of those problems. SBC and SV have new life. And I can understand how they wanted to slow down the process so people don’t get a GB to 80 in one day. The only thing I think might have been better would be if not quite so many goods were needed as you built your GBs up. But all in all, while it’s an adjustment, it creates a more uniform playing experience.

Azured

Thinking about GE5 and SAT, I think what Inno did was brilliant. The game was totally unbalanced. No need for any kind of city defense, so you didn’t bother with it. You didn’t bother with any GBs that focused on city military; no one needed bps after a while, so winning them was a waste; and all the goods you’d get from rewards, at least for me, were not needed. I had almost 100,000 of each Jupiter good (more or less useless) when I moved to Titan. Plus, no one cared much about GBs focused on goods.

Inno fixed all three of those problems. SBC and SV have new life. And I can understand how they wanted to slow down the process so people don’t get a GB to 80 in one day. The only thing I think might have been better would be if not quite so many goods were needed as you built your GBs up. But all in all, while it’s an adjustment, it creates a more uniform playing experience.
I agree with this statement too, but I think the rewards are just not up to par for the changes. I rather have diamond chances than shards, because the rewards lvl 1-4 are really not that great. I usually auction those buildings. I am fine with the reward in GE lvl 5, I think those buildings has great values.

85gt

The recent changes all suck, just uses more time in the game. This game gets way too much of my time as it is and now with the new troops sucking so bad and GBG just a boring bunch of clicking just for FP`s to add to a building that never makes much difference because Inno just adjust`s to take away all the Att/Def % we have built up with those FP`s, why bother. Calling it a day for this game very soon

ergoetu

For those of us lower than SAT, the changes are so-so. Some good and some bad. I don't know about the armies in Ages above Oceanic but nothing beats Hovers from Future through Oceanic, after that well I have not found anything that works well. GE5, heck I have enough problems with 4 and my Guilds don't even bother to open them unless they are asked to. As for Defense, well I had a SBC well before this and that is because as junior player way back in the dark ages, I was being attacked all the time by the old-timers. So, blah, blah on the changes but I guess it got into somebody's knickers and tweaked their noses.

JimCougar

For those of us lower than SAT, the changes are so-so. Some good and some bad. I don't know about the armies in Ages above Oceanic but nothing beats Hovers from Future through Oceanic, after that well I have not found anything that works well. GE5, heck I have enough problems with 4 and my Guilds don't even bother to open them unless they are asked to. As for Defense, well I had a SBC well before this and that is because as junior player way back in the dark ages, I was being attacked all the time by the old-timers. So, blah, blah on the changes but I guess it got into somebody's knickers and tweaked their noses.
Time to find a new Guild, for sure!

ergoetu

Sounds to me like you need to build up more attack then. And if you mean that you're guilds aren't opening level 4, it's probably time to find a new guild.
I can do without 4 or 5. Those are just army killers and yes I have done them and they are not worth it.

SirScoof

Level 4 is one of the 2 reliable ways to get diamonds without paying real money or going through the hassle of building and maintaining a diamond farm.
They have nerfed the diamonds rewards in GE 4 as well. It still says that you have a 30% chance of getting diamonds, but I have gone 6 GEs in a row without hitting a diamond, which is almost statisically impossible if the odds are really 30% x 3. Also, I have now gone many collections in a row with my diamond farm (100 little wishing wells and fountains of youth) and I have gotten zero diamonds. IMPOSSIBLE!

UBERhelp1

They have nerfed the diamonds rewards in GE 4 as well. It still says that you have a 30% chance of getting diamonds, but I have gone 6 GEs in a row without hitting a diamond, which is almost statisically impossible if the odds are really 30% x 3. Also, I have now gone many collections in a row with my diamond farm (100 little wishing wells and fountains of youth) and I have gotten zero diamonds. IMPOSSIBLE!
Exactly the reason I've been recording my data!
1692119342913.png
1692119358945.png

In the first charts, you can see the raw data. But the important thing is that Angkor is averaging much higher than what I'd expect (120 diamonds per week, instead of 81). And Vingrid is just a little bit low, but following along close enough.

Should I be complaining that I'm getting too many diamonds on Angkor? In fact, I've had only TWO weeks there with no diamonds! That's IMPOSSIBLE, surely!

The odds of missing diamonds entirely for 6 weeks is small (0.2%), but in a game where thousands of people play, some people are going to get that unlucky. That's just how RNG works.

P C C

In contrast, I got diamonds from all three GE4 chances (a 2.7% chance) for the first time today. While I haven't recorded my results, I think they've roughly followed the expected numbers

Pericles the Lion

I think you don't understand statistic improbabilites. This is no different than the old "20% chance of rain story." You watch the news and catch the weather report to hear that there's a 20% chance of rain. You live in a city that is 10 square miles. You believe that you will beat those odds and plan an outdoor excursion only to realize that you've just been rained out. Why? What you don't hear is that there will be 20% of the 10-mile coverage area that receives rain and 80% of it does not. That's an example of RNG in a real-life setting: pack an umbrella or you might get wet.
Sorry, but it may be you that doesn't understand statistics. In your example, you are implying that the weather forecast for this hypothetical city is a 100% chance of rain on 20% of the city and 0% chance of rain on the remaining 80% of the area. That's not what "20% chance of rain" means.

Darkest.Knight

GE5 hasn't awarded diamonds for at least 5 wks, we'll c how it works out. On the other hand I collected 350 diamonds from my WW just recently, no complaints regarding WW's.

Aahz 420

Most annoying changes ever made I dont want to see the GB charges on mobile gaming and condensing the quests into 1 tab is super annoying they need to go back to the old way!

PJS299

Most annoying changes ever made I dont want to see the GB charges on mobile gaming and condensing the quests into 1 tab is super annoying they need to go back to the old way!
Isn't the quest change optional? I thought you could collapse it if you wanted, or keep it the same. I'm not 100% sure, though.