• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Thread Etiquette

DeletedUser32389

I was recently warned about one of my more innocuous posts being a violation of Forum rules. I explained in detail why it wasn't any of the things they claimed, and they refused to specify what part of my post was in violation.
This exact thing happened to me. I responded with honest concern; I don't tend to violate rules. My post had been deleted (by whom is unknown) so the actual rule that I broke was never clear. This of course doesn't work, if you want to hold someone accountable for breaking policy you must show them specifically how they did it. If you don't, how can you expect them not to do it again? If this had happened to a less level headed player than myself I could see how it would escalate.

I feel like I need to balance this negativity so I'll add that @Lancer was helpful (or at least responsive) to this issue, and I do thank him for at least fielding my inquiry. I've also found @Sgt. Bothari to be a knowledgeable resource as well. The only technical question I've had answered by a mod was by him. It was about the mechanics of the Daily Challenge when it came out.

My intention isn't to bash the mods, I feel like it's an institutional problem that is beyond any single persons power to fix alone.

DeletedUser

This of course doesn't work, if you want to hold someone accountable for breaking policy you must show them specifically how they did it. If you don't, how can you expect them not to do it again? If this had happened to a less level headed player than myself I could see how it would escalate.
That is exactly the point! My post was similar to dozens of others I've written with no repercussions, so what made that one so different that it called for a warning. (Probably merely the fact that the other player hit the "report" button rather than respond.) And it has happened to less level-headed players in the past and it wasn't pretty, I can tell you that.
I feel like I need to balance this negativity so I'll add that @Lancer was helpful (or at least responsive) to this issue, and I do thank him for at least fielding my inquiry. I've also found @Sgt. Bothari to be a knowledgeable resource as well. The only technical question I've had answered by a mod was by him. It was about the mechanics of the Daily Challenge when it came out.

My intention isn't to bash the mods, I feel like it's an institutional problem that is beyond any single persons power to fix alone.
I will echo your commendation of those two. My experiences with them have generally been positive.