• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

When reading over some of the posts, I noticed that some players were confused on the times that are posted. I am pretty sure they are using the time on the computer in Europe (Germany) as a standard. If you live on the East Coast all you need to do is subtract 6 hours, Central 7 hours, etc. to know when the event occurred.

DeletedUser

Here, I live in new orleans....
figure this one out.... its 838pm here now

the top one just happened
attachment.php
[/IMG]

Phebe

If you are Central Time (I think that's what NO is) You are GMT-6
The Server is GMT+1 So you are seven hours different. As to the difference in minutes... maybe someone set your clock fast to make sure you aren't late.

DeletedUser

Eastern = Subtract 6
Central = Subtract 7
Mountain = Subtract 8
Pacific = Subtract 9

DeletedUser

so, will you be informing us when their time changes? (you know daylight savings, its not synced)
OR.....
they can just place LOCAL time for each person.... I mean, MY information is already on the timestamp....
AND/OR have a universal time (a clock that is ticking somewhere)
when I got attacked doesn't help me to know if they have goods ready for plunder or not. At time, the information comes in too late and now i have to perform calculus? come on...

DeletedUser34

It isn't unheard of for games to operate of of GMT...most of them do. I believe you can see the time if you right click.

DeletedUser

angelwerks' picture is indeed in GMT +1 (German time), but it appears messages use a different timezone than events.

DeletedUser

angelwerks' picture is indeed in GMT +1 (German time), but it appears messages use a different timezone than events.

I've noticed that as well.
Messages are on-sync with your computer but events are not?

I think they should make all times sync'd properly.

DeletedUser

Messages aren't synced with my computer at least, I'm not quite sure what time zone they use.

DeletedUser

Just put in an in game clock for a reference and solve the whole problem.

DeletedUser

The solution once the games goes on time is zulu time (greenwhich). One time to rule them all
Buahahahaa
Some games I play here use pacific time because their servers are there.
I Know there is a solution there. Maybe they'll get the events messages to come in ON TIME....
get it?

DeletedUser34

I guess I am so use to having to do the math myself because I played with people all over the world, so we simply set the game time at GMT/UTC +1 and called it good. Otherwise we were trying to coordinate attacks with everyone on a different time. Personally, I don't think it will solve anything to change the time to US time because our time covers what? 4 time zones?

DeletedUser

.net servers on Innogames games use GMT +1 which is German time. I've never played any Inno game from a US server so I'm not sure what is usually done there.

Yes, an in-game clock was suggested way back at the start of the game. It was one of the first proposals.

DeletedUser

Best way i found to figure out the time is visit the PVP tower. In the upper left corner it tells you the time the tournament ends. In the upper right corner it tells you how much time you have until the tournament ends. A little math and bam you have your answer.

DeletedUser

Best way i found to figure out the time is visit the PVP tower. In the upper left corner it tells you the time the tournament ends. In the upper right corner it tells you how much time you have until the tournament ends. A little math and bam you have your answer.

But that only happens for 24 hours. Outside of that window, the time remains a mystery :p

DeletedUser6172

The Event History page has a column for timestamps.

It would be VERY useful to present the CURRENT time, perhaps as the column header.

DeletedUser

This issue has been changed and now reflects a player's current local time. Closing thread to avoid future confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.