• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Today event: recruit troops

DeletedUser27184

Does today event "Recruit 4 units from your current age or 5 units from the previous age" accept rogues made by alcatraz? Or do I need to recruit from a troop building?

DeletedUser26154

You can recruit from a troop building, Alcatraz, win troops in G.E., win a troop with the Treasure Hunt, buy the 8-pack of unattached troops if you have a few dollars to spare.

Any way you gain troops that are specific to your age or the age behind you, will count.
Rogues and other troops of "Any Age" do not count, as they are not connected to any age or era.
Thank you.

DeletedUser8152

That's right, rogues, drummers and color guards do count as troops, but they don't count as troops of any particular age.

DeletedUser27096

Does this mean that I need to delete an existing military building from the previous age, rebuild it or a new building from my current age and then take the 20-30 hours to recruit 4 or 5 soldiers? That's kind of ridiculous. I tried to just delete and retrain 5 soldiers from my army but I'm not sure if that worked bc usually the quest guide "acknowledges" when you have an activity in progress but it did not when I deleted and set up training for new troops.

DeletedUser15042

Deleting a unit you already have a barracks for and retraining it will work.

DeletedUser32382

You can recruit from a troop building, Alcatraz, win troops in G.E., win a troop with the Treasure Hunt, buy the 8-pack of unattached troops if you have a few dollars to spare.

Any way you gain troops that are specific to your age or the age behind you, will count.
Rogues and other troops of "Any Age" do not count, as they are not connected to any age or era.
Thank you.
Not sure about all quests of this type, but when I purchased troops for Sacajewea quest, it did not satisfy objective and was left unfulfilled.

wolfhoundtoo

Not sure about all quests of this type, but when I purchased troops for Sacajewea quest, it did not satisfy objective and was left unfulfilled.

What exactly was the quest? It's not always going to be the same from quest to quest because the design it differently. Also by purchased do you mean from the game directly as in you spent diamonds for one of those packages they offer?

If so try leaving the game and coming back in a few times. Frequently the game lags a bit when recognizing/updating for certain events.

DeletedUser32382

What exactly was the quest? It's not always going to be the same from quest to quest because the design it differently. Also by purchased do you mean from the game directly as in you spent diamonds for one of those packages they offer?

If so try leaving the game and coming back in a few times. Frequently the game lags a bit when recognizing/updating for certain events.
sac_foe_2018-05-25_14-04-50.png

This quest...

and this form of payment...

inno_paypal2018-05-25_14-06-04.png

wolfhoundtoo

sac_foe_2018-05-25_14-04-50.png

This quest...

and this form of payment...

inno_paypal2018-05-25_14-06-04.png

And what did you buy? what specifically did you receive? I would think if you got troops that it would work. Did you just change ages? sometimes it takes a bit to reset if you started with one age of troops and did another.

DeletedUser32382

And what did you buy? what specifically did you receive? I would think if you got troops that it would work. Did you just change ages? sometimes it takes a bit to reset if you started with one age of troops and did another.

Only troops cost $3.99, I do not think there is a diamond package at that price. You are, however, right: a simple refresh set things right in motion. Thank you!!!

sac2018-05-25_14-23-12.png

DeletedUser26965

Never occurred to me to buy a pack for a quest lol, you know you could have used GE as well. Regardless why are we on a necroed post responding to someone not on the forums anymore instead of the feedback thread for this event I'll never know.

upload_2018-5-25_15-15-8.jpeg

wolfhoundtoo

Never occurred to me to buy a pack for a quest lol, you know you could have used GE as well. Regardless why are we on a necroed post responding to someone not on the forums anymore instead of the feedback thread for this event I'll never know.

View attachment 10213

View attachment 10213

I'd venture he searched "today's event" :p