• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Too many Iron and Jewelry on the Market

Triopoly Champion

Looks like I need to reserve the EMA sector that requires cloth for negotiation, so I can fight that sector as the final 1 to gain control the province.

I seem cannot push any trades for dye or cloth through, ran low of these goods in the guild. It's only the test run as for the event quests, I have enough of those goods. Limestone and Ebony are still in fairly lower amounts, but no worries I produce them.

The big question is why so many players have continent deposit bonus for wine, marble, iron and jewelry?

DeletedUser27889

If different worlds you'll find some goods which are more common than others. Unfortunately on one world I play in the bulk of my guild have had almost identical deposits which makes trading a bit difficult at times.

Two ways of getting quick trades:
Set a trade out to your hood and make it unfair to yourself. If you make you're trade good enough to cover that FP and then some someone will pick it up.

For even quicker trades if you have under 80 friends post in global chat and make an offer stating you can add people to trade with. You will most likely find someone willing to trade with you right away.

Algona

The big question is why so many players have continent deposit bonus for wine, marble, iron and jewelry?

Because you didn't push through tuckertower.

Limestone, dye, cloth, ebony, iron, jewelry...

Jeez, new code words? I was just getting used to AlaBrasster.

AlIrBraEbLiCloKeDy?

Last edited:

Triopoly Champion

Not Enough: Stone, Dye, Limestone, Ebony, Cloth, Granite, Alabaster, Brick, Basalt, Brass, Talc Powder, Porcelain, Tar.

Fair Amount: Lumber, Copper, Glass, Dried Herbs, Salt, Coffee, Wire.

Too Many: Wine, Marble, Iron, Jewelry, Honey, Gold, Rope, Gun Powder, Silk, Paper.

The stats of my Mount Killmore City:

Provided Happiness: 13,730
Demand for Happiness: 4,310
Additional Happiness: 7,696

This is probably the reason why I like the Black Tower so much.

I want to build these 2 types of Contemporary Era plants to balance my happiness:

LNG Plants(6x5): produces Gas, -350 happiness, boost by Granite Rock.
Plastics Plants(4x6): produce Plastics, -100 happiness, boost by Raw Alabaster.

Last edited:

Triopoly Champion

Because you didn't push through tuckertower.

Limestone, dye, cloth, ebony, iron, jewelry...

Jeez, new code words? I was just getting used to AlaBrasster.

AlIrBraEbLiCloKeDy?
They already have Reno and One-Up Kits, why not have the Continent Terraforming Kit, so players can use it and replace 1 of their existing continent deposit bonus. At least that'll give more variety of gifts during Christmas.

wolfhoundtoo

They already have Reno and One-Up Kits, why not have the Continent Terraforming Kit, so players can use it and replace 1 of their existing continent deposit bonus. At least that'll give more variety of gifts during Christmas.

Reno and One-up kits don't even vaguely compare to the ability to change a deposit bonus on the map.

Triopoly Champion

Reno and One-up kits don't even vaguely compare to the ability to change a deposit bonus on the map.
Perhaps you never used the one-up kits on the Santa's Workshop or Maharaja's Palace before.

Suppose if I were in Industrial Age and I ran low on Colonial goods, time to one-up my LMA Santa's Workshop, instead of getting 2 basalt, 2 brass, 2 gunpowder, 2 silk, 2 talc powder per day, I could then earn 2 coffee, 2 paper, 2 porcelain, 2 tar, 2 wires daily.

I built my CdM which consumed tons of LMA goods of each type. Traded up LMA goods for CA goods, then built FoD. I still have 827 Brass in my inventory now as if brass were my continent deposit bonus given the fact I entered LMA since Dec 15, 2017.

Gondola Dock Market will be another must-grab building for me.

When 1 lady ran out of Progressive Gasoline while playing in Postmodern Era, trading didn't work out there, I told her to one-up several of her Industrial Maharaja's Palace, she overcame the tech deadlocks and made to the Contemporary Era within 2 weeks.

One-up kits are especially powerful when being used on the goods event buildings aged more than 1 previous era. She'll plan to sell those Progressive goods for forge points(Alcatraz) once they pile up enough of them. Even the Continent Terraforming Kit cannot accomplish this job here.

Continent Terraforming Kits are more powerful in the lower eras, One-Up Kits are stronger in the higher eras. One-up several Tomorrow Santa's Workshops of an Arctic Future player can totally change his/her fate.

I'll try to one-up the event goods buildings of those higher era players to the key eras(Contemporary and Future), see how much the market can be manipulated.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

Perhaps you never used the one-up kits on the Santa's Workshop or Maharaja's Palace before.

Suppose if I were in Industrial Age and I ran low on Colonial goods, time to one-up my LMA Santa's Workshop, instead of getting 2 basalt, 2 brass, 2 gunpowder, 2 silk, 2 talc powder per day, I could then earn 2 coffee, 2 paper, 2 porcelain, 2 tar, 2 wires daily.

I built my CdM which consumed tons of LMA goods of each type. Traded up LMA goods for CA goods, then built FoD. I still have 827 Brass in my inventory now as if brass were my continent deposit bonus given the fact I entered LMA since Dec 15, 2017.

Gondola Dock Market will be another must-grab building for me.

When 1 lady ran out of Progressive Gasoline while playing in Postmodern Era, trading didn't work out there, I told her to one-up several of her Industrial Maharaja's Palace, she overcame the tech deadlocks and made to the Contemporary Era within 2 weeks.

One-up kits are especially powerful when being used on the goods event buildings aged more than 1 previous era. She'll plan to sell those Progressive goods for forge points(Alcatraz) once they pile up enough of them. Even the Continent Terraforming Kit cannot accomplish this job here.

Continent Terraforming Kits are more powerful in the lower eras, One-Up Kits are stronger in the higher eras. One-up several Tomorrow Santa's Workshops of an Arctic Future player can totally change his/her fate.

I'll try to one-up the event goods buildings of those higher era players to the key eras(Contemporary and Future), see how much the market can be manipulated.

Yes those reno kits and one up kits change the era of an event building you got to your current era (or one era higher of course if you've used the one up kit and on a building that is more than 1 age down). I've used them plenty of times as you know I aged up in the game. :confused:

That is not the same thing as having an option to change your continent boost which would let people make as much of the type of good that they want to (well and can afford/fit into their city). They are not comparable in the least. Although at least this version requires a consumable item rather than you being able to change it for nothing. I don't think it's a good idea to change the basics of the goods boost system as it I think enhances the cooperation needed to advance in this game but I have to admit with the sheer number of 'random' goods buildings these days I don't see if as important as it used to be to make players actually work with other players.

Triopoly Champion

If I change my continent deposit bonus from Talc Powder to Brass, I can get as much brass I want, but that won't give me all 5 types of the LMA goods.

One-up the HMA Santa's Workshop to LMA will give me 2 of each Basalt, Brass, Gunpowder, Silk, Talc Powder daily, I don't need to trade for brass since I can make as much as I want. Santa's Workshop gives me the exact amounts not random goods for the 24 hours choice.

Although smaller quantity, but it changed the productions of 5 goods not only 1 and completely acquired the ability to supply every goods of an era for myself. With several one-up kits, I can have 1 goods event building of each age, Royal Cascade is random, Black Tower is not.

Have an LMA Santa's Workshop is truly overpowered to me, since my guild are running low on Talc Powder, Brass and Basalt.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

If I change my continent deposit bonus from Talc Powder to Brass, I can get as much brass I want, but that won't give me all 5 types of the LMA goods.

One-up the HMA Santa's Workshop to LMA will give me 2 of each Basalt, Brass, Gunpowder, Silk, Talc Powder daily, I don't need to trade for brass since I can make as much as I want. Santa's Workshop gives me the exact amounts not random goods for the 24 hours choice.

Although smaller quantity, but it changed the productions of 5 goods not only 1 and completely acquired the ability to supply every goods of an era for myself. With several one-up kits, I can have 1 goods event building of each age, Royal Cascade is random, Black Tower is not.

Have an LMA Santa's Workshop is truly overpowered to me, since my guild are running low on Talc Powder, Brass and Basalt.

They are overpowered because your guild is running low on 3 of the 5 goods? You are running low on brass and basalt because they are the largest of the LMA buildings and people want to build the smallest. How many producers do you have in your guild of LMA goods? What is your usage? You simply are trying to argue that because you are short of something that a building that produces 2 of every good of the age of your building is overpowered? That makes no sense.

Also note that you get 2 a day of every good but if you could change your continental boost bonus you could make up to 30 a day if you managed to do the three 8 hour production runs each day.

Triopoly Champion

Your pure gain of 30 goods refers to the condition of a player buys the brass continent deposit bonus using diamonds while keeping the silk deposit boost.

You would get 30 per day of the new goods, but you will lose 30 per day of the old goods after the continent deposit bonus changed. It's still really hard to give 30 brass and get 40 silk, however it's easy to give 40 silk and get 30 brass(more than enough to make up the 1 fp required for friends and neighbors).

The 30 goods produced from the brass foundry will cost coins and supplies. The 2 goods of each type from Santa's Workshop is completely free. Population-wise, the difference are even more.

I'm not running short of Basalt and Brass, I don't know where exactly there come from, but they are already too many brass now, that's after I traded up LMA goods for CA goods and built the FoD.
Forge of Empires - LMA Goods.jpg
Maybe my LMA Santa's Workshop gave me more than it should.

I'll consider advance to Colonial Age soon, since there are no reason for me to keep staying LMA.
Forge of Empires - LMA with FoD.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser29623

I don’t have any goods buildings at all in either of my two cities. If you get all your goods from your GBs and recurring quests + Chateau, these imbalances become irrelevant. I do have most of my special events buildings set to the age below mine, however, so that I can have a steady supply of lower-age goods for GE.

Triopoly Champion

I should advance to Colonial as soon as the Carnival nears the end. Cannot fit much breweries, but clockmakers are much more space friendly.
Forge of Empires - Colonial Traz Complex.jpg