• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tower Tournament Question - PVP

DeletedUser6277

Good morning. I need help understanding the PVP Tower Tournament element of the game please.

My understanding, perhaps incorrect; is that a player from any age can participate in any PVP Tower Tournament as long as they have troops from that Age. A Progressive Age player could battle it out in Industrial Age as long as they used Industrial Age troops, not Progressive Age troops. Is this correct?

I just finished a PVP Tower fight in an Industrial Age Tower Tournament with another player from my neighborhood and their defending troops were Modern Era troops. I built Industrial Age troop resources thinking this is how one fought it ages lower than one's current age but that isn't the case?

Oh yeah, I didn't select to fight them from my neighborhood list. I clicked on the Industrial Age tower on the continent map and these three advanced age (Modern) neighbors were the only one's listed - so I picked "attack" and there they were, modern age Tanks and not industrial age troops.

Thanks.

DeletedUser7289

Simply, for the tower fights, it is based on what age troops the player attacks with. What troops a player uses on their city defense is completely unrelated. So my defense can be my highest age troops, while I can fight with lower age troops on multiple age towers.

DeletedUser6277

Hi P'...thanks for responding.

I'm a bit lost then. Help me understand please. I'm not attacking their city, as in "go to my neighborhood listing, pick an opponent and attack their city". I am trying to participate in a specific age's Tower Tournament, say Industrial Age. If a player has progressed beyond the Industrial Age and they aren't using industrial age troops, how can they be listed as a participant in the Industrial Age Tower Tournament?

I accept I may be obtuse but the name of the tournament is Industrial Tower but the participants aren't playing as an Industrial Age player (which is fine) and they aren't using Industrial Age troops which seems contrary to purpose as expressed by the name of the Tower Tournament.

Sorry - it's just confusing as heck.

DeletedUser8152

When you click on a player's name in any tournament tower, you are attacking their city. The tower is basically just a scoreboard for that age battles, it doesn't have any other significance. When you attack their city from any tower, you fight whatever defense they have posted, regardless of age.

To be honest, I think it would better if you just couldn't attack people from the towers, it rarely makes any sense to.

As you seem to understand, any player can score in any tower by winning a battle using that ages troops. And only the attacking troops are relevant, not the age of the defenders.

Ylisaveta

Whether you pick your opponent from the social bar or from the Tournament listing, you are attacking their city. They can put whatever age troops they choose as defense. Which tower the points go to, if you win, is determined by the highest age unit you have in your army.

DeletedUser6277

aha....got it. As Jaelis said "it rarely makes sense to attack from the tower.." Here I thought it was a completely different part of the game - a place where people from "Age X" or with "Age X troops" hung out and fought it out for FP's. It's not, it's just another way to access the neighborhood bar. Wow - that was like doing taxes.

Thanks everyone.

DeletedUser26917

Ok I must be missing something In the towers I see a Player who is listed in each age. His city is in the Modern era and he only has troops from the Modern era and industrial era. so how can he be in all the era towers

Algona

PvP Towers count the Era of the troops used in a fight, not the player's Era. I'm in Prog, when I fight in HMA with HMA troops I get HMA PvP Tower points.

DeletedUser26917

Thats what I mean. ok for example he is in the Iron Age tower but he has no Iron age troops to fight with so how did he get in that tower

wolfhoundtoo

The tower points are recorded in the highest age tower of the troops you utilize in an attack.....so if he fights in HMA (as Algona said) GVG then he would get tower points for that. Same if he attacks in the neighborhood with those type of troops.

wolfhoundtoo

The treasure hunt will award unattached troops now and then. GE gives unattached as well as events. So long as they aren't killed on an attack they cam keep those troops forever without barracks.