• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Town stats

Anyone else find themselves addicted to menial tasks like the elimination of roads? These days I find myself spending more time on road elimination than most anything else. (It’s a game within the game!)

Before I post in the ideas thread about adding a stat feature I’d like to know if I’m the only one crazy enough to enjoy this pastime. Anyone else?

I’d love to be able to show off my roads (or the lack of roads). But I guess others might want to show off their FP production or goods production or whatever. Maybe as an opt-in feature?

If you want to see how many or how little roads you are using use reconstruction mode.
I know exactly how many roads I have. I’d like to show off my results with others who are interested and see what progress they have made. I literally spend more time staring at the game trying to reconfigure buildings and choosing buildings to eliminate roads for efficiency than playing GBG, GE, GvG or events.

I figured there would be others like me.

Joeyjojojo

...spend more time staring at the game trying to reconfigure buildings and choosing buildings to eliminate roads for efficiency...

I figured there would be others like me.
There are others like you. I spent tons of time rearranging and prearranging my city--on a spreadsheet before reconstruction mode existed, then in reconstruction once it did. There is a corner setup that I have in common on all my cities where 1 road is used to connect 3 GBs to my TH--mostly Arc and 2x 6x6 GBs, except in my IA town where it's Traz, Zeus and CoA. As the cities get larger, however, I find I just continue with themes (10 height row, 6 wide column...), especially since I'm replacing when I get new things now.

As for the stats thing--would be interesting for [base] goods/FPs/... but for roads, it's hard to compare since the actual buildings and #/shape of expansions in each person's city will be different.

Last edited: