• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Trade Forge Points, Coins, Medals, Diamonds?

DeletedUser

Right now I can not research more technology because I need to unlock a few before I can advance. It will take me a while to produce the materials to unlock the technology. Since the max forge point the bar can hold is ten, for many hours the game won't produce forge points for me.

My question is: can I trade those Forge points so that they are not useless?
I also want to know if you can trade coins, medals, and diamonds?

I went to the trade icon and the only thing to negotiate were materials. Normally under this circumstances I would't ask, but I faintly remember reading in this forum that some people were trading coins and Forge points. I was wondering if maybe in a guild it is possible to trade Forge points.

DeletedUser2988

In your situation, the best thing do do would be to contiribute your FP's to someone's great building. You can't use them to buy coins, supplies, or diamonds, and since your stuck on the tech tree for now, they will just go to waste anyway.

You can buy FP's with coins, that may be what you remember reading in the forum. Or you may have read about guild members trading FP's with each other, to help level each other's great buildings. That a good idea, since you don't get any rewards for contributing to your own GB. Either way, I'd put those wasted FP's to use on something, it's better than just letting them vanish.

DeletedUser

Thank you for answering, Rikus78. GB means great building, correct?
Would you mind telling me how to contribute Forge points to a GB.

DeletedUser2988

Go to either your neighborhood, guild, or friends list and find a player with a Great Building. (There will be a little icon of a castle next to their portrait) Click on their portrait to visit their city. Then find the GB in the city that you want to donate to, and click on that. This will open up the menu that will let you spend your forge points.

If you're a new player, I'd recommend finding someone with a Bronze Age or Iron Age great building. You'll notice within the Great Building menu, along the right side will be treasure chests inside of circles. These show you the rewards you get for donating to that GB. You don't get the rewards till the GB levels up, but the rewards can be pretty good, including forge point packs, medals, and Blueprints to collect and build your own great buildings.

DeletedUser4844

The advice Rikus gave you was excellent. I'd also like to recommend some strategies for avoiding this situation in the future. It all basically just biols down to planning ahead, but more specifically you should look at future advances you will be getting on the tech tree and try to get the goods (and, if you are low on them, coins and supplies) that you will need for them well in advance. As an example, on B server I am curently in the middle of the colonial age, yet I have figured out all the goods requirements for all the ages, and currently have everything for both the colonial age and the industrial age and have most of what I need for the progressive age (well, other then not having any industrial or progressive age goods yet). One thing that has helped me enormously is this post: http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?58-Goods-requirements-of-the-Research-Tree (well, the first post in the thread by HaekelHansi). At the bottom of the post is an image of what looks like an Excel spreadsheet listing all goods requirements for all ages. If you plan on building great buildings I would also strongly advise you to plan out the goods requirements for those well in advance long before you get the last blueprint) and, if you might run into problems with inadequate goods, reserve goods for tech requirements before using them for building great buildings or negotiating for provinces, as the latter two are not on any sort of time limit, but the former can cause you the sort of difficulties you are experiencing now.

Finally, you should pick up any goods deposits you can from the continent map and try only producing goods you have goods deposits for. You produce these 5 times as fast and for 1/5 the cost as other goods, and if you have a decent guild you should be able to trade for the other goods without spending any extra forge points as long as you plan things out far ahead of need.

DeletedUser

Thank you both for your replies. That chart is useful. There is a multistory houses technology that requires 600 diamonds to unlock. Luckily, it is not required to unlock other technology. I better plan ahead indeed.

DeletedUser1862

That a good idea, since you don't get any rewards for contributing to your own GB.

Not entirely correct, you get the bonus of whatever your GB creates when it's leveled up. Generally it's not Forge Points, but it could get you metals :p

DeletedUser

donating forge points

Go to either your neighborhood, guild, or friends list and find a player with a Great Building. (There will be a little icon of a castle next to their portrait) Click on their portrait to visit their city. Then find the GB in the city that you want to donate to, and click on that. This will open up the menu that will let you spend your forge points.

If you're a new player, I'd recommend finding someone with a Bronze Age or Iron Age great building. You'll notice within the Great Building menu, along the right side will be treasure chests inside of circles. These show you the rewards you get for donating to that GB. You don't get the rewards till the GB levels up, but the rewards can be pretty good, including forge point packs, medals, and Blueprints to collect and build your own great buildings.

Im in the same situation that BeetleJuice was, and i tried to follow your advice. as you said, there was a little castle icon next to the players portrait, and i clicked on it, but i when i tried to click on the great buildings my friend was working on, it didnt do anything. did i do something wrong?

DeletedUser1862

You don't click on the chests, you just hover over them and the prizes show up in the tool-tip. The buttons to donate FP are below those, the table with the chests just shows the listing of donated points, you have to donate at least one more point to steal the rank.

DeletedUser2988

The chests are on the right side of the pop-up box, which you can see after clicking on a Great Building. It's a chest inside of a circle, and hovering over the chest will show the reward for 1st, 2nd, etc. when donating.

As far as nothing happening when clicking on the Great Building, as long as a player is on your Neighborhood, Guild, or Friends list, you should be able to donate. I'd try clearing the cache on your browser, and if that doesn't help, please send in a support ticket and we'll try and figure out what's happening.

DeletedUser8712

I think when you have 10 forge points you should be able to put them in your inventory and then there is room for more. You should be able to put them in groups of 5 or 10.

DeletedUser

I think when you have 10 forge points you should be able to put them in your inventory and then there is room for more. You should be able to put them in groups of 5 or 10.

This is listed on the "Do Not Suggest" list in slightly different wording: "Suggestions to change size of Forge Point Bar (10)"