• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trading -- Equal Value vs 2:1 All the Way Up

• Thread starter DeletedUser26579
  • Start date

DeletedUser26579

On a related topic (was debating, but decided to keep the same thread, since it's also about trading):

People keep saying that trading should happen through your guild, but I've been paying attention and found that most of my trades get accepted by neighbors, even though I usually only accept guild trades. I generally didn't notice before since, as far as I'm concerned, I only care whether or not it was accepted. Also, smaller trades seem to work better, even though it's 1 FP per trade, which favors larger trades.

How realistic is it that most trades should happen through your guild? -- because my neighbors are taking my trades, not my guild.

Edit: post got cut off

DeletedUser8152

A big majority of my trades, probably 80%, get accepted by guildies. But I don't post a huge number of trades, just when I actually need something.

DeletedUser26579

A big majority of my trades, probably 80%, get accepted by guildies. But I don't post a huge number of trades, just when I actually need something.

What's the age spread of your guild? I'm speculating, but I wonder if a larger spread of ages in a guild lowers trading rates because a lot of offers aren't relevant to a lot of other members of the guild.

DeletedUser8152

What's the age spread of your guild? I'm speculating, but I wonder if a larger spread of ages in a guild lowers trading rates because a lot of offers aren't relevant to a lot of other members of the guild.
Looks like LMA to AF these days.

But also our guild is awesome, so YMMV ;)

DeletedUser26965

Out of the 18 trades in my current history of those who took my trades; 15 Guild, 2 Neighbors, 1 Friend, which seems typical to me pre and post changes.

Last edited by a moderator: