• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trading goods between distant eras?

DeletedUser29766

I am looking to do a trade for PE goods for a CF while I am in EMA. What is a decent exchange rate - I assume in fps?
First time doing this so I am not really sure of the process particulars.
I have another city that I plan to do this while I am in HMA and am curious if that changes the typical exchange rate.
Any tips appreciated.
I will eventually do this with goods to build an Arc too if I can make the lower trade work. Would be interested in how to figure that exchange rate too.
TIA

DeletedUser26120

Depends on world age. My suggestion is to find a CE player and ask for PE goods.

CE players get PE goods easily through GBs and wishing wells/fountains. Personally I've been giving out traz/CF sets for free in V world, but you should aim for someone who will give you at least 5 goods per fp.

DeletedUser31392

Doing what @Dursland mentioned is the cheapest route. My friend did this recently and got offered a rate of 1fp:7PE Goods. I’m sure some may offer better rates it all depends.

If the player doesn’t care what Goods are offered, trade down for BA goods as you can get 4x the goods for EMA and 8x the goods for HMA.

FE goods usually run around 1fp:3 FE goods, but I’ve heard some will offer 1:3.5 or 1:4.

Mustapha00

Do people ever just gradually trade up era by era? Or is that impractical?
I would tend to say impractical.

In my experience, almost no one ever trades for...Colonial Era (I think( goods: Paper, Coffee, etc. I've taken to offering stacks of those for EMA and HMA Goods, only to have the offers expire. Part of that is probably due to the fact that I play on mostly older servers, but even on Usceria I have trouble completing those trades.

Mustapha00

If you are trading for goods to build an Alcatraz, a pox on those who would charge you FPs for the Goods necessary.

In my Guilds on three of the five worlds, players with the right Age goods are strongly encouraged to help those of earlier Ages who want to build their Traz by taking trades at 2:1 or even 1:1- no FP involved. In one, I built my Traz in its Age (boy did the game suddenly become a wee bit easier at that point). In the last, I've not yet acquired all the necessary BPs so I don't know the policy.

DeletedUser27184

If you are trading for goods to build an Alcatraz, a pox on those who would charge you FPs for the Goods necessary.

In my Guilds on three of the five worlds, players with the right Age goods are strongly encouraged to help those of earlier Ages who want to build their Traz by taking trades at 2:1 or even 1:1- no FP involved. In one, I built my Traz in its Age (boy did the game suddenly become a wee bit easier at that point). In the last, I've not yet acquired all the necessary BPs so I don't know the policy.
Search for a big guild (that do GE every week), that you can join. They will usually help new members get the Traz goods for zero FP as it helps all the guild.

Falconwing

I just built my CF (I'm LMA) a couple weeks ago. First thing I did was ask in the Guild messages what a fair FP to Goods ratio was. Not only do you get an idea of the trade rate, but anyone who has them to sell will message you about it. Also, ask anyone of PE and higher in your friends list the same thing and whether they sell them or not, then you get an idea of what is fair around the server and an idea of who sells them.

One thing that happened to me was a big guy on my friends list traded me 25 Nanoparticles for Honey for free to help me out. Took about ten days, but I managed to trade those Nano's down, age by age, for a total 800 of my PE goods. Then another big guy on my friends list sold me the other 1000 goods (no tinplate, but enough PE goods to trade for tinplate) for 100 FP's (10 to 1 ratio, booya!) The hardest PE good to acquire was tinplate (used to make batteries?), almost had to buy it at a 1/3 ratio, but a new member, who makes tinplate, found and took my trades. He's very popular now. So you might try buying some high age goods for 1/1 ratio and trading down, but it's a rough job.