• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trading goods for FPs: what is a fair ratio?

DeletedUser19599

Hi,

I haven't found a clear answer for this question in the forums. How many goods are worth each forge point? How many FPs should i request, lets say for 100 TE goods?

I don't intend to use this frequently (making refined goods are usually very hard) and giving them away is not something i would like to do even for a massive amount of FPs.

DeletedUser15042

FPs for goods is usually dependent on the age of the world, the availability of people to swap with in your guild and the laws of supply and demand.

For example. In F world (my main world) half my guild is in FE, so there are tons of FE goods if you need them. I would probably sell for 3 FE to 1 FP, because if I ask for 2 to 1, the rules of supply and demand mean there are other people willing to do better than my offer, 3 to 1 or 4 to 1. But in a world like T where there are not a ton of people in FE, if someone wants the goods, people with FE could say 1 to 1, because there are not many people to trump it.
I know at 1 point I was selling PE goods for 3 to 1. I have had to offer as high as 5 to 1 to find someone who needed them that bad. But it is fine with me since I have so many PE goods.

Supply and demand, it works in this game.

DeletedUser19599

I'm currently in a world where i guess there aren't many players in FE (perhaps less than 20), even in TE (perhaps less than 35). Would asking 1.5 TE goods for 1FP be OK in your view? What about 1 TE good for 1 FP?

DeletedUser15042

In that situation, I think you could get 1 for 1. Anyone that wants to put up a TE building will have very limited options to do so with only 35 people in TE in an entire world. WOrst case, you put the offer out there and no one takes it, then bump it up a tad.

sirblu

I know this is an old thread - But this question has come up again and this was the only thread I could find on the subject. What is considered a fair FP for Goods trade at the lower ages? Iron Age thru Progressive Era? Or is it not done in the lower ages? Say someone needs Bronze Age goods and I have a ton of those but need contributions to my ARC. What is a fair trade? I think 1-1 is excessive at the lower ages - but I'm not sure what different age goods would be worth in FP's. Any thoughts?

DeletedUser13838

Bronze age goods are a bad example since they aren't used for GE or GVG and ths no reason to accumulate them. Let's assume iron age.

The problem is that the fp cost for goods will scale by age (of the goods and the server). On a mature server I might pay 3 FE goods per fp so how many bronze age goods is that equivalent to? Basic fair trade rules say that 1 FE good = 50 IA goods but even if you think IA goods are twice as valuable you're still talking 75 IA goods per fp. No one really needs that many.

sirblu

Thank you so much Konrad - that really makes sense - This is good information. I did a little chart showing the production costs of Coins/Supplies each for a 4 Hr. Production over the lower ages to see what the production ratios of each age were as compared to the other ages. I only took into consideration the amount of coins and supplies needed to produce each era goods since those were a fixed cost per Age. What I found was that the cost to produce the same amount of goods over the ages pretty much doubled until the Colonial age where it slowed to 1.5 times instead of 2.
For example 1 Bronze age good was worth 1 Bronze age good but worth only 1/2 an Iron Age good; 1/4 an EMA good; 1/8 an HMA good; 1/16 an LMA good; 1/24 a Col Age good and 1/32 an Ind Age good. Conversely 1 Industrial Age good is worth 32 Bronze age goods; 24 Iron Age goods; 16 EMA goods; 8 HMA goods; 4 LMA goods; 2 Col goods and 1 Industrial Age good.
Now I know the market place does not trade this way but it might be worth considering when looking at the cost per Forge Point.
So giving this, how many Colonial Age goods would 1 Forge Point be worth?

DeletedUser13838

Well using fair trade rules 25 CA goods equals 6 FE goods so if 3 FE goods = 1 fp then 25 CA goods = 2 fp. Of course the 3 FE goods/fp was an example and I doubt it is standard from world to world and you might not want to use fair trade rules to come up with the value.

sirblu

Thank You but that brings up another question - If they are Fair Trade Rules - why would they not be a basic standard from world to world?

DeletedUser13838

The 3 FE goods/fp is a price I may pay on G world. It may not be the rate on other worlds (I'm not even sure it's the going rate on G).

DeletedUser23444

Let me explain how I manage FP↔Goods trades.

I actually use my own FPs/Goods value chart, which is not based on any unfair trade calculator you can find on the web. I find every single calculator out there doesn't have any clue at all about the true market value of goods or even the true production costs of refined goods. They all pretty much go only off the supply and coins costs for goods production, never factoring in land, population, side effects, 1-lane vs 2-lane roads, or even unrefined goods costs.

When I first came up with my own FP/Goods value chart, I actually started first with PE goods, because I had noticed that on all of the various FoE worlds on which I played the game, the player community has somewhat agreed on what a fair market value of FP/PE goods was, ranging between 20 to 25 FPs for 100 PE goods. The difference was usually if you were buying from a guild mate, or someone who was really a friend of yours (not just on your Friends List), or a player you didn't have much a of relationship with. In such transactions, it was generally accepted that the goods buyer would post a trade like the ratio shown below:

Have 50 <some crappy Bronze Age good> : Need 100 <some valuable PE good>

Keep in mind that the above is only an example trade Ratio; in practice, most actual trades are as large as possible so as to reduce the forge point costs the goods seller would incur by accepting a non-guild trade.

So for my value chart, I started first with the generally accepted value of PE goods and worked outward from there to complete the valuation of all other ages and eras. Here are the FPs-to-good ratios I came up with:

0 FPs/100 BA goods
1 FPs/100 IA goods
2 FPs/100 EMA goods
3 FPs/100 HMA goods
4 FPs/100 LMA goods
5 FPs/100 Col goods
10 FPs/100 Ind goods
20 FPs/100 PE goods
25 FPs/100 ME goods
30 FPs/100 PME goods
35 FPs/100 CE goods
40 FPs/100 TE goods
45 FPs/100 FE goods
50 FPs/100 AFE goods
55 FPs/100 OFE goods

Now in addition to using the FP valuations for the goods I'm selling, I also give my guild mates and close friends "FP Credits" for whatever goods they are trading back to me. Let me walk you through an example.

Example Situation within my guild
Let's say I have a Colonial Age guild mate who wants to construct the Arc.

I'm in FE, where I produce FE goods conventionally (with goods production buildings), and with quest rewards. To produce FE goods conventionally will cost me PME goods which are consumed as unrefined goods. But I'm well situated to handle my demand for the PME goods, because I have: Level 10 LoA (38 PME goods/24 hours), Level 9 StM (48 PME goods/24 hours), Level 10 FoD (34 PME goods/24 hours), and 7 Wishing Wells (7 x 29% x 20 PME goods/24 hours = 40.6 PME goods / 24 hours on average).

However, I also produce TE goods conventionally that consume ME goods as unrefined goods. But since TE goods are one age below my Town Hall, that means that I cannot rely on GBs/Wishing Wells to produce ME goods for me in order to sustain my TE goods goods production — so I either need to trade goods down several eras, or conventionally produce some ME goods myself. I actually produce ME goods myself. But ME goods also consume Colonial Age goods as unrefined goods. So I actually have a personal demand for CA goods.

So my Colonial Age guild mate can actually help me, while I help him. So this is what I have him do:

He post trades like this:
He has 200 <some CA good> : He needs 100 <some FE good>

For each 100 FE goods I sell him this way, he ends up owing me 35 FPs.

Why 35 FPs and not 45 FPs like my charts shows? Because, he traded me 200 CA goods, which on the chart is worth 2 x 5 FPs = 10 FPs in "FP credits" — I gave him credit for the goods he traded back to me in the exchange, because those goods are actually worth something.

As you can see on the valuation chart, Bronze Age goods are worthless because I cannot even donate them to my guild for GE or GvG, I will never personally use those goods, and I already have more than any new players who might join our guild will ever need for tech or GBs.

Last edited by a moderator:

sirblu

OMG Raven - Thank You SOOOOO Much! This is perfect! I am in the CA and the trade would be for a neighbor new to our hood! This gives me a great base to start from. Thank You!!!

DeletedUser26965

What goods are worth what is only dependent on the person you're willing to trade with and what you're willing to accept. BA goods are not worthless as they are often used as the trading placeholder for fp/goods trades, all the goods I've ever bought were using BA goods at 1:2. There is no standard or fair, it's what you're willing to accept so it can be anything, I've seen greater than 4:1 FE goods, I've seen worse.

DeletedUser23444

To the above point, the valuation in my chart reflects the value I give for each good listed.

And from my perspective Bronze Age goods are worthless, I don't want any more since not only can't I use them for anything, neither can anyone in my guild, nor can my guild use them for anything. So why would I give another player "FP credits" for them? I wouldn't. Can they trade me BA goods for FE goods? certainly! But they are going to pay 45 FPs / 100 FE goods that way, since I'm going to give them 0 "FP Credits" for their Bronze Age goods.

DeletedUser26965

And from my perspective Bronze Age goods are worthless, I don't want any more since not only can't I use them for anything, neither can anyone in my guild, nor can my guild use them for anything. So why would I give another player "FP credits" for them?
Of course you can do whatever you like but it's because people are trading their fp's for goods, that's the trade, not fp's + goods : goods, I mean if we could just give each other goods in such a trade then you wouldn't trade any goods you would just give them the goods and they would apply the fp's but since we can't do that we have to utilize the trade system.

DeletedUser23444

that's the trade, not fp's + goods : goods

Go read my first post again.

Let me explain how I manage FP↔Goods trades.

You are trying to apply the rules you believe in for the FP↔Goods trade system that you use, to a completely different system that I use. I use a completely different system, which has it own set of rules. My trades are, in fact, me selling <higher-era goods> for <lower age goods + FPs>. Thus, your rules, and your beliefs, do not apply, at all, to my system. You don't get to tell me what my trades are for as if that is a universal truth.

sirblu

Raven - For what it's worth I think your chart and your system is absolutely fabulous and Thank You so much for sharing it with me. We can all learn a lot from other players, especially those a bit more advanced without being so critical. Thank you again for sharing. Sirblu.