• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Trading with merchants

DeletedUser

If you trade with the merchants but do not have the ability to actually produce that good... do you receive the goods now or are they somehow held until you have the ability to produce them ?

Reason I ask is, last weekend my entire research was on hold because I needed alabaster to unlock something so I could follow the research tree.. I made ten ( 10 ) trades with the alabaster merchant. A total of (100 ) wine was deducted from my inventory but I didn't receive ANY alabaster in return. I posted a support ticket and days later there is still no response, the research is still on hoild and I have lost out on collecting many many forge points.

If I just can't collect the alabaster until I build the appropriate factory, I can live with that, I'll still be 10 closer to what I actually need.. but if I just lost 100 wine goods because of a flaw, that's kind of ludacris.. don't you think ? Now I would have to build another winery, eat the costs and produce them all over again just to get to where I was a week ago.. and that puts me even farther from being able to afford the costs and population of building that alabaster factory..

Really, if trades simply don't go through and there is neither an explanation nor an apology.. I am pretty certain it's going to impact my willingness to trade AT ALL. Now if the first scenario is true and we can't, wouldn't it be less controversial to just disallow the trade until the prerequisites are met ?

Thanks in advance if all of that makes sense.

DeletedUser

Nope, you can trade merchants whenever you want and get the goods right away.

DeletedUser

He said 'HE DID NOT GET ALABASTER.'
So there may be a flaw?
place an order in trades, I'll help you 1 for 1

now that I think about it, if Khanfused is your game name, I'll look for a 2 alabaster for any product 1 (.5)

laters

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

He said 'HE DID NOT GET ALABASTER.'
So there may be a flaw?
place an order in trades, I'll help you 1 for 1

now that I think about it, if Khanfused is your game name, I'll look for a 2 alabaster for any product 1 (.5)

laters

Could the reason as to why he didn't get any alabaster be because there is no such merchant that offers alabaster for wine?

Merchants only offer and demand goods within a specific age. You will never see a merchant that offers goods from one age in return for goods from another age. Yes, the merchant is called an Alabaster Merchant. But look clearly at what he is offering: marble. Now, obviously this is a typo/grammatical error, but when you trade goods you should be looking at what is offered and what is demanded, not what the merchant's name is. And you really can't argue that you didn't know the difference between the symbols for alabaster and other goods, as it is clearly labeled marble.

So, long story short, you misread the trade offer and actually ended up trading 10 marble for your 100 wine.

DeletedUser

Could the reason as to why he didn't get any alabaster be because there is no such merchant that offers alabaster for wine?

Merchants only offer and demand goods within a specific age. You will never see a merchant that offers goods from one age in return for goods from another age. Yes, the merchant is called an Alabaster Merchant. But look clearly at what he is offering: marble. Now, obviously this is a typo/grammatical error, but when you trade goods you should be looking at what is offered and what is demanded, not what the merchant's name is. And you really can't argue that you didn't know the difference between the symbols for alabaster and other goods, as it is clearly labeled marble.

So, long story short, you misread the trade offer and actually ended up trading 10 marble for your 100 wine.

well that explains THAT... thanks for making sense of it