• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trinity to Level 60, still necessary?

JJ597

Is it still necessary to get the Trinity (Zeus, COA, CDM) to level 60? I'm able to fight through GE1-4 and most of GE 5 with the Trinity in the 30's. Have fully leveled, or will be after getting all the upgrade fragments, of main event buildings. Any recommendations for GB to build (FYI Arc is already over level 80).

Emberguard

Necessary? No - you'll get quite a lot of boosts from Event buildings so it's really up to you

Ideal? Sure. Most buildings are cost effective to get to Lvl 60. So if you intend to keep the ZAC Trinity I would recommend getting them all to Lvl 60 (or 61)

Other options would be Arctic Orangery, Blue Galaxy, Chateau Frontenac, Seed Vault (if you want to increase your diamond income)

Xenosaur

@JJ597 - this is rapidly becoming a "Gee, I should have had a V8" moment for the people here, and the game.

Modern FoE has changed so much, and I still see this "old paradigm" of veterans telling newbies that are building new cities to get going right away with a family of old FoE Gbs... So newbies, not knowing much, are salivating for and getting absolutely every classically need GB from OLD FoE.

Its frankly. hilarious. Putting down Hagia or Inno towers in IA. Insane - drinking the game KOOL AID.

The subset you need that both start and stays productive - is tiny. The order you need them is very well defined (IMHO). The FP and goods flow from even just 1 event building, and all the sidecars around the event itself is dazzling. The myriad of daily side venues in the game: Daily challenges, Castle System, GbG, GE, even Rival - etc catapult you into a rapid start concept that obviates the need for the classical perspective of the GB.

In fact, IF you play the old game of getting and lifting the 3 sisters (or as you call them: Trinity), you will actually retard your growth because the new game is much faster, and the old game designs do NOT deliver a good power over time generation you need.

So here's an idea, and I can't wait to hear the howls of "oh no, it isn't so..." but OH YES it is... (because I've done it with new cities and it's amazing...
If you're in a good guild that allows, then actually helps newbies, they will step up and give you some goods for GBs, and even help you get them to 10 relatively fast.

IN THIS ORDER:

I'm a big fan of the Chateau - so that would be the first thing to get. YES - the first. Learn to recur quest immediately, and recur each day for collections etc - to get goods, 5FP packs - yes everything the CF offers. Take it to 10. STOP. Wen you're ready to up level or seriously quest for AAW (Advanced Age Warriors), then lift it - hard and high before you do.

Get a Zeus - cheap, small, and take it to 10. Stop. It's a token lift. A quick 30/30 attack/defense to help.

Get an ARC - first 10, then 30, then 80... but in reality - this is what you do for 3-4 months. Lift the ARC. Once done - you can play with the big boys and girls: Medals for a bunch of land expansions, BPs to build out 2 other buildings:

Then think BG - first 10, then 38, then 92. It's mathematically essential to BOOST what you're collecting each day and rapidly propel your city. Until you can do GE 5 religiously and get the FT from there, the BG is your boosting tool.

and fially if you do any fighting - HC (it's insanely productive @ 10) and it's fun. Take it to 10 and take all 5 charges each day. and Double DIP as you lift it.

Then - an AO the new boosting gem. It's big, but take it as high as you can, and when you have pain, keep lifting it :)

That's it... Forget the "I need, I want, I have to have" mentality. YOU WANT EVENT BUILDINGS and all the children they make/spawn and grandchildren too going forward, and yes, there are goods one from even 6 months ago that will make your city shine. Microbuildings are the FUTURE. 90% of the GB's are atavistic.

Last edited:

Emberguard

IN THIS ORDER:

I'm a big fan of the Chateau - so that would be the first thing to get. YES - the first. Learn to recur quest immediately, and recur each day for collections etc - to get goods, 5FP packs - yes everything the CF offers. Take it to 10. STOP. Wen you're ready to up level or seriously quest for AAW (Advanced Age Warriors), then lift it - hard and high before you do.

Get a Zeus - cheap, small, and take it to 10. Stop. It's a token lift. A quick 30/30 attack/defense to help.

Get an ARC - first 10, then 30, then 80... but in reality - this is what you do for 3-4 months. Lift the ARC. Once done - you can play with the big boys and girls: Medals for a bunch of land expansions, BPs to build out 2 other buildings:

Then think BG - first 10, then 38, then 92. It's mathematically essential to BOOST what you're collecting each day and rapidly propel your city. Until you can do GE 5 religiously and get the FT from there, the BG is your boosting tool.

and fially if you do any fighting - HC (it's insanely productive @ 10) and it's fun. Take it to 10 and take all 5 charges each day. and Double DIP as you lift it.

Then - an AO the new boosting gem. It's big, but take it as high as you can, and when you have pain, keep lifting it :)

That's it... Forget the "I need, I want, I have to have" mentality. YOU WANT EVENT BUILDINGS and all the children then make and grandchildren too going forward, and yes, there are goods one from 6 months ago that will make your city shine. Microbuildings are the FUTURE. 90% of the GB's are atavistic.

Surprised you went with Chateau Frontenac first.

It's a great building to have I would totally recommend it. Just would of expected it later in the order given how easy it is to get goods from Events and Event Buildings, and it does nothing towards increasing your Forge Point income

If we're going with rapid growth in terms of raising up Great Buildings I'd have thought Arc first. Then Cape Canaveral (if you're planning to place it), Arctic Orangery, Blue Galaxy, Himeji Castle and then Chateau Frontenac.

Ebeondi Asi

The big problem is new players not thinking for themselves. The game can be played many ways. Generally the person offering advice is offering advice on how to play the game his way. Period. So yeah you can play the game the way some other person thought was good, or do it by thinking out what you want from the game yourself. It is lot more fun to be doing what you want to do, rather than what some so called guru thought you should be doing. Even with a few mistakes. .
Read the advice, but think it over, and compare different ideas. and do what you think is the most fun and interesting way to go.

TheBarkKnight

60 No! 101 is more like it. Only worth having if you get to at least 81. The new GBs are so much better but for newer players getting the goods may not easy. Inno may be ready to boost some older GBs to make them more relevant.

Ironrooster

Zeus level 10 early on just to give an initial boost. Skip CoA and CdM, they are no longer worth it.

Then Blue Galaxy, Himeji, Space Carrier, Seed Vault (for the free diamonds).

Once you get to SAT, the 3 SAT buildings.

Other buildings, if they interest you and fit your play style. This is a game after all so enjoy yourself.

Xenosaur

60 No! 101 is more like it. Only worth having if you get to at least 81. The new GBs are so much better but for newer players getting the goods may not easy. Inno may be ready to boost some older GBs to make them more relevant.

Yes @TheBarkKnight - that rumor is swirling a LOT more actively now... I think if it's true, it's below beta (meaning it's not yet visible there, or being "leaked") but a few people that seemingly have a historical good track record on "way advanced things" have stirred the pot a little about some of them.
That is a huge undertaking for the company, if so.
Huge amount of data mining to test new designs on the current population. It's not as simple as "returning a settlement building" or re purposing a GB.
But maybe it's wishful thinking. They do have to do something. The MARCH of ARCS north now is kinda ridiculous. There is really nothing to do with all this FP made daily - thousands and thousands of FP...

Johnny B. Goode

DISCLAIMER: This advice is for a relaxed (at least initially, after the guild hopping) play style like mine.

I recommend guild hopping* relentlessly until you get enough BPs to build the Zeus and Babel. Do this in Bronze Age. Then raise them to level 10. Zeus can go higher if you wish, but Babel no higher than 10. Once you advance to Iron Age, prioritize the Lighthouse of Alexandria. Raise it to 10 but no higher. The Babel and Lighthouse, combined with utilizing Recurring Quests, will enable you to forgo regular goods buildings (and the resultant dependence on coin/supply production) as you move up through Progressive Era. Once you're in Modern Era, delete the Babel and Lighthouse. You should have enough event buildings by then to satisfy your need for goods. I would still build the CdM, because of the FP, but maybe not the CoA.

Once you get the Zeus, Babel and Lighthouse, you should be able to make your way leisurely through to Progressive Era, picking up event buildings along the way (only building them if you are able to fully upgrade them). This will set you up for long term success no matter what play style you choose after you become more familiar with the game. It's kind of silly to prioritize higher era GBs before you even know anything about the game and how you want to play it. For example, if you don't want to mess with Recurring Quests much, it makes no sense to get the Chateau Frontenac at all, let alone first.

*For newer players, guild hopping is moving from guild to guild (auto-join guilds) and aiding everyone in each guild as you go, in order to get BPs from aiding. It's not necessarily a fast process, but it is much easier now that there are the Aid All buttons. If you do this method, it is way better to do it on PC/browser rather than mobile, due to the fact that you don't have to watch any ads for this on PC/browser.

REPEAT DISCLAIMER: This advice is for a relaxed (at least initially, after the guild hopping) play style like mine.

xivarmy

Surprised you went with Chateau Frontenac first.

It's a great building to have I would totally recommend it. Just would of expected it later in the order given how easy it is to get goods from Events and Event Buildings, and it does nothing towards increasing your Forge Point income

If we're going with rapid growth in terms of raising up Great Buildings I'd have thought Arc first. Then Cape Canaveral (if you're planning to place it), Arctic Orangery, Blue Galaxy, Himeji Castle and then Chateau Frontenac.

Cape's pretty much a waste of effort now (by the time it's paid off your investment you probably don't care that much about the "pittance" of FP it makes anymore). Arctic Orangery is a late-building project for the fighter that wants every edge. Sure doing it sooner rather than later at least has some FP-value to it, but similar to Cape that aspect won't be that important by the time it goes FP-positive.

Arc, BG, CF, and HC I think it depends on what your goals/plans are which would be best first.

Arc immediately is overrated for most people - it depends how many profit opportunities will be afforded you individually. If you're an aggressive sniper, by all means go Arc immediately. For most though, the strongest reason for it is if it gets you into a decent guild - which is a good reason, but no guarantee that opportunity is there for a typical newbie with an Arc and little else so it could wait.

BG is by far the strongest of the 4 as it scales with all the powercreeping buildings we get. Probably now the most important GB in the game longterm. But as a new player you probably don't have too many good buildings yet to get its full value.

CF depends on effort at first. Once you have some good event buildings that effort might seem not-so-worthwhile. But if I were putting high effort into a new world start and had to pick one GB, CF is the one I'd want. It *does* "make FP" by increasing coin and supply rewards which effectively reduces unbirthday quest costs. Longterm its value is tied to the high rewards from story quests in later eras - including large amounts of free diamonds. If you're planning on advancing eras quickly you may want it up sooner rather than later so as not to pass by high value story quests that could be boosted.

HC is actually getting to be a harder sell. Good value at low levels with little for requirements (just need to be able to find some fights daily) is the case for building it immediately - but we're still talking about way less than *any* recent event building. Good supplies at high levels is the case for it medium term - you could be making your Space Age supplies long before Space Ages. It may not have a very strong case at all long-term with power-creeping buildings.

But none of these are essential to the development of a new city. You might just need a place to dump FP so that your advancement in tech is at the pace you want. For which you could simply build a Zeus - it's so small that there's no imminent danger of it becoming unworthwhile. And there's lots of event buildings to make you blueprints for it now.