• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trying Opera Browser

DeletedUser27642

So support indicated Opera browser is flash friendly and should have to refresh less. Downloaded Opera and tried logging on and I can log on and see my servers I play on. Click any of them and it is the beginning tutorial starting a city from scratch. Didn't start to do that out of concern my real city would get wiped. Anyone know how to get into my real city?

DeletedUser26965

Are you logging in with the same user name/email?

Just a side note but I got the same performance out of Opera as any other browser, at least in regards to the main memory leak issue that I believe causes the most problems for people.

Browser Comparison regarding RAM
Measure 1: 5m after opening city, no activity
Measure 2: 20 Windows opened/closed; 5 GE, 5 GvG, 5 Research, 5 Continent Map
index.php

Memory leak - Guild Expeditions [43175]

Thankfully the issue has been forwarded to Inno but this has been a problem since the games beginning so I'm guessing it won't be fixed and instead hopefully they'll switch to html5 sometime in the near future.

DeletedUser27642

Yes sloppy. same username and password and it finds my servers.

DeletedUser26965

Are you actually getting into the game itself to start playing or is it just the thing that wants to get Flash?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddd - Copy.PNG

DeletedUser27642

And thanks for your help. I appreciate it. It does sound though that it makes no difference if I use opera as the performance will be the same. Shame Inno chooses to blame web browsers for the failings of their program.

DeletedUser26965

N

No I didn't click that because I was worried it would wipe my old city making start over
It won't, confusing I know but that's just a thing that wants you to have Flash, click it, instal flash and you'll be fine.

DeletedUser26965

You're welcome, let us know if you like it better and yeah no Browser is going to fix a memory leak issue, only Inno can fix that, best we can do is have lots of RAM and refresh when needed.

DeletedUser27642

I was able to get to my cities with your instruction so thanks again for that. Just as you indicated, another browser did nothing to help the problem. I crashed within an hour of logging in. Inno needs to stop making people jump through hoops when they know the issue is on their end. Very frustrating and terrible customer service on the part of Inno.

DeletedUser26965

I was able to get to my cities with your instruction so thanks again for that. Just as you indicated, another browser did nothing to help the problem. I crashed within an hour of logging in. Inno needs to stop making people jump through hoops when they know the issue is on their end. Very frustrating and terrible customer service on the part of Inno.
I'm going to guess you're having a RAM issue, check your memory while playing and let me know, if it is they just released a fix today on Beta Memory leak - Guild Expeditions [43175]

DeletedUser27642

I believe that is the issue. I was using 6.5GB of RAM and opened tech tree a few times in 2 of the worlds then checked and I was up to 7.9 GB. Refreshed both worlds and it was back to 6.5 GB. Hopefully the tests in Beta are good and get rolled out soon. I'd think Inno support would respond with this instead of the unhelpful responses they currently give. Perhaps you should send them your resume. :p

DeletedUser26965

I believe that is the issue. I was using 6.5GB of RAM and opened tech tree a few times in 2 of the worlds then checked and I was up to 7.9 GB. Refreshed both worlds and it was back to 6.5 GB. Hopefully the tests in Beta are good and get rolled out soon. I'd think Inno support would respond with this instead of the unhelpful responses they currently give. Perhaps you should send them your resume. :p
Testing so far indicates it's fixed, you'll still get some memory rise doing various things throughout playing the game of course but the leak aspect appears to be gone so it won't continue to rise to gigabytes worth till it lags and crashes, the gvgrs gonna be happy finally as long as it's fixed there as well which most likely it is.

DeletedUser27642

Testing so far indicates it's fixed, you'll still get some memory rise doing various things throughout playing the game of course but the leak aspect appears to be gone so it won't continue to rise to gigabytes worth till it lags and crashes, the gvgrs gonna be happy finally as long as it's fixed there as well which most likely it is.

Not sure it is fixed as I'm still seeing the increase with either screen freezing or crashing.

DeletedUser26965

Not sure it is fixed as I'm still seeing the increase with either screen freezing or crashing.
As Stephen mentioned the and I mentioned earlier the fix was just released on Beta, not sure when it go live.