• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Two Lane Street required

mopsy54

I just got into the Progressive Era and I was looking at Tanks and it says it needs a two-lane street. I can't find it in the building menu so how do I get it ???

DeletedUser8796

they are on the tech tree you may have not unlocked them yet

DeletedUser6163

The first PE tech contains the "tarmac road" which is a 2-lane street you can buy, or there is a diamond option. Just make sure it flows from your town hall to any building that needs a 2-lane road - you don't have to do a complete redesign of your city if you are smart about planning.

mopsy54

So I can't add the tarmac road at the end of one of my roads and then add the tank factory to the tarmac road. I have to put in tarmac road from city hall to make it all work ???

DeletedUser8428

So there I was, I'd gotten pretty comfortable with arranging my city, getting through the tech tree and the map and WHAM! Got to rethink the whole plan as I had to rearrange everything to account for 2-lane roads. <sigh> sure put a damper on my quick and easy expansion plans! But the challenge has been fun. :)

DeletedUser6163

Progressive Era is undoubtedly the most challenging city transition but it gets easier in the later eras once you've gotten your lanes established.

DeletedUser9393

Also, be careful with your two lane segments when selling/moving/urban renewal.
The segments are expensive and there is no confirmation dialogue if you accidentally sell a segment.

DeletedUser6172

Be sure you line up your 2x2 roadway such that you can fit FOUR of them in a 4x4 expansion section. If you aren't careful, and get in the middle somehow, you 'll end up not being able to match one or both of the edges on your city, and you can actually end up with two roadway networks that you can't interconnect, because they wouldn't match up 2 by 2.