• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Ugh. 'Build x of product y' storyline quests

Nicholas002

You‘ve also only shown me one quest listed under Story. Show me more. Go through all the Story Quests and count up how many are and how many are not abortable.
I don't believe there are more. this is an exception.
Then look through your actual game. Look at whether the abortable quests are Story, Bonus, Side or Recurring. What do you see?
is see that story quests are not abortable, because I have not encountered the exception yet.
You said you’ll post a screenshot if you get that quest. Great, I’ll wait. And if it says Story (and you show it’s abortable) I’ll have a bug report to write up because when I saw the quest it said Side
It might be a while till I get there, but I'll try to remember
Poor OP is lost with all this nonsense :)....
Luckily poor OP was last seen before anyone replied to this thread, otherwise they sure would be lost :)

and btw, I know I am nit-picking here, and possibly wrong. just going by the info available to me, and when I have got to the alleged exception quest in my own game, (probably in like, a year, lol), I will re-post.

and thank you all for the dedication to getting out correct info to the best of your knowledge. I will shut up for now until I get to the end of the PME story quest-line. :)

BruteForceAttack

Sure, but give the correct info from the start so they don’t have to relearn it later on. There’s more than just Story quest.

Some Quests that appear under story tab are abortable ....that was is what was refereed to in the reply. Do you see "STORY" above Daily and Event.. That tab...

OP was asking about Quests that appear there...jeeeezzzzzzzzzz

1601201728721.png

Nicholas002

I haven’t gotten that far, so I will have to take your word for it. When I get to that quest, I will screenshot it and post it.
2020-11-12 23_17_44-Forge of Empires.png

you were right, I was wrong.

it's a weird one though... It acts exactly like a story quest, except that it can be aborted: it is part of the story line, takes up the story slot, appears after completion of the previous story quest, and is replaced by the next story quest after completing or aborting it.

All other side quests seem to be triggered by the map or tech. this one is triggered by the story.
All other side quests take up a RQ slot. this one takes up a story slot.

My guess is that they had to classify this "story quest" as a "side quest" so it would have the abort option??

Glockgemini

Hmm, this evolved from Event Quests to whether a normal quest is story or side? Who cares. For the original question, you should have a bunch of "small" specials like Confectionary (8sq), Cider Farm L1 (6sq) and Magnum Opus (6sq). If you need more, build some Blacksmiths (4sq). Even in low ages, you should always build the biggest number of the smallest supply buildings. The quests don't care about many supplies you can make, just how many buildings are producing. You should have a handful of specials in your current age for those "Produce 11 from current age" quests.

Beorn Bear

Interesting that every single person that posted here missed the entire point of the OP. I haven't gotten to SAM yet, but I recognize the type of quest he's talking about. It requires you to produce x number of a specific thing in a production building. Like this quest, Fast Attack!, from the LMA Bonus line:
Your Grace! We've done everything in our power to prepare for those King Darkblood's sorcerers. Keep in mind that our greatest weapon is speed: the faster we can advance on Darkblood, the less time his sorcerers will have to perform their evil rituals.
Required:
  • Provinces Acquire 2 sectors of Grand Gap
  • 15-Minutes-Production in the cooperage / 15-Minutes-Production in the wheelwright In one type of building, produce 10 cart wheels (Hint: You can produce cart wheels at a cooperage or at a wheelwright.)
Completion
Your Grace! We're beginning to overwhelm King Darkblood, but those dark clouds gathering over his stronghold promise trouble. I wonder what his sorcerers are up to? We shall find out soon enough!
Reward:
  • Random Reward.png 1 Random Reward
Additional Information
Abortable: No
As you can see, just producing random supplies will not fulfill this quest, you must build one or more Cooperages or buy one or more Wheelwrights and produce Cart Wheels 10 times.

Agent327

Interesting that every single person that posted here missed the entire point of the OP. I haven't gotten to SAM yet, but I recognize the type of quest he's talking about. It requires you to produce x number of a specific thing in a production building. Like this quest, Fast Attack!, from the LMA Bonus line:
Your Grace! We've done everything in our power to prepare for those King Darkblood's sorcerers. Keep in mind that our greatest weapon is speed: the faster we can advance on Darkblood, the less time his sorcerers will have to perform their evil rituals.
Required:
  • 15-Minutes-Production in the cooperage / 15-Minutes-Production in the wheelwright In one type of building, produce 10 cart wheels (Hint: You can produce cart wheels at a cooperage or at a wheelwright.)
Completion
Your Grace! We're beginning to overwhelm King Darkblood, but those dark clouds gathering over his stronghold promise trouble. I wonder what his sorcerers are up to? We shall find out soon enough!
Reward:
Additional Information
As you can see, just producing random supplies will not fulfill this quest, you must build one or more Cooperages or buy one or more Wheelwrights and produce Cart Wheels 10 times.

One single piece of double road and some space next to your city hall, does the trick. It is not a biggie. Problem is not the quest, but him not wanting to use two lane roads. That's how the game is. If you do not want to use all options offered, you might miss out on things.

Beorn Bear

One single piece of double road and some space next to your city hall, does the trick. It is not a biggie. Problem is not the quest, but him not wanting to use two lane roads. That's how the game is. If you do not want to use all options offered, you might miss out on things.
Still missing the point.

Beorn Bear

So what is the point according to you?
Try rereading this. The point is right there in black and white.
Required:
Completion
Reward:
Additional Information
In case you still don't get it, the issue is that he has to build a specific type of production building and use a specific cycle in that building, not simply produce supplies. The 2-lane road thing is a small part of the issue, but far from the main part. The main part, which he clearly states in his OP, is that in order to build the necessary specific production building, he has to make room in his city for it/them. In the example I shared in the spoiler tags, a player would have to build at least one Cooperage and select the 15 minute cycle 10 times to fulfill it. This becomes a problem if a player does not normally use regular production buildings and has maxed out his city. Now do you get it?

Graviton

...I suppose we need variety in the storyline quests, but having quests that require you to produce things you can only build with buildings that require 2 lane roads are particularly loathsome. I don't use 2 lane roads in my city...

Seems like the two-lane roads are indeed the point.

To that point, two-lane roads are significant needs in cities from Progressive onwards. I don't think it's reasonable to expect Inno to avoid them when it comes to quest requirements.

Agent327

the issue is that he has to build a specific type of production building and use a specific cycle in that building, not simply produce supplies. The 2-lane road thing is a small part of the issue, but far from the main part. The main part, which he clearly states in his OP, is that in order to build the necessary specific production building, he has to make room in his city for it/them. In the example I shared in the spoiler tags, a player would have to build at least one Cooperage and select the 15 minute cycle 10 times to fulfill it. This becomes a problem if a player does not normally use regular production buildings and has maxed out his city. Now do you get it?

Am I not getting it or you?

but having quests that require you to produce things you can only build with buildings that require 2 lane roads are particularly loathsome. I don't use 2 lane roads in my city

You think the main issue is space. I think the main issue is 2 lane roads. Does that mean one of us is missing the point? Space is an issue we all have. By maxing out your city you create your own problem. This is like the person complaining he has to do 22x an 8 hr production when he has only 2 production buildings. Inno does not tell you, you can only have 2 production buildings. Inno does not tell you, you need to max out your city and can not use two lane roads. You can not create your own problems and expect Inno to fix it for you.

He is complaing about quests in SAM, so he has entered SAM. That means extra expansions. So you have extra expansions and the knowledge these type of quests keep coming up. If you can't do them cause you maxed out your city, who is to blame?

Beorn Bear

You think the main issue is space.
No, I think the main issue is that he has to build a specific building that he would not normally build.
So you have extra expansions and the knowledge these type of quests keep coming up.
These type of quests do not "keep coming up". They are extremely rare in the Story/Bonus quest lines, and some that do show up are abortable. And he may have been in SAM long enough to have maxed out the extra expansions.

Agent327

No, I think the main issue is that he has to build a specific building that he would not normally build.

So what? It isn't a first in the game as you have shown and it will not be the last. Building militairy buildings is no problem for him, but production buuildings is?

These type of quests do not "keep coming up". They are extremely rare in the Story/Bonus quest lines, and some that do show up are abortable. And he may have been in SAM long enough to have maxed out the extra expansions.

Type of quests that come up with specific requirements and need space do. They do so since the start of the game.

There is an event coming up. What do you think happens when you max out your expansions? Want to bet you need space to do the quests?
I am willing to bet there will be a quest to raise your happiness with a x number. That means building specific buildings you normally do not use and you can not just start them and delete them right away. They need to be build. Same problem, existing since the start of the game. It does not magically appear once you have reached SAM.

Beorn Bear

So what? It isn't a first in the game as you have shown and it will not be the last. Building militairy buildings is no problem for him, but production buuildings is?

Type of quests that come up with specific requirements and need space do. They do so since the start of the game.

There is an event coming up. What do you think happens when you max out your expansions? Want to bet you need space to do the quests?
I am willing to bet there will be a quest to raise your happiness with a x number. That means building specific buildings you normally do not use and you can not just start them and delete them right away. They need to be build. Same problem, existing since the start of the game. It does not magically appear once you have reached SAM.
Now you're just being argumentative...again. You know as well as I do that non-abortable quests that require you to build a specific building (not a specific type of building, but a specific building) are exceedingly rare. Quests that require goods, even specific goods, can be fulfilled through trading or GE rewards or GBs or...the list goes on. Quests that require troops can likewise be fulfilled in multiple ways, and if you already have a Traz you can even fulfill a quest that asks for previous age troops very easily. And event quests don't even enter into this discussion, because they are like all abortable quests...they are purely optional. The subject of this thread is non-abortable storyline quests that you have to fulfill in order to progress.

wolfhoundtoo

Which even if rare is still a requirement if you want to get thru the storyline. It is what it is just like every other aspect of this game. You can do them or not and you have to deal with the consequences.

Beorn Bear

Which even if rare is still a requirement if you want to get thru the storyline. It is what it is just like every other aspect of this game. You can do them or not and you have to deal with the consequences.
I don't disagree with that, I'm just correcting the misunderstanding of what type of quest the OP was referring to, which nobody got before I started posting on this thread.

Agent327

Now you're just being argumentative...again. You know as well as I do that non-abortable quests that require you to build a specific building (not a specific type of building, but a specific building) are exceedingly rare. Quests that require goods, even specific goods, can be fulfilled through trading or GE rewards or GBs or...the list goes on. Quests that require troops can likewise be fulfilled in multiple ways, and if you already have a Traz you can even fulfill a quest that asks for previous age troops very easily. And event quests don't even enter into this discussion, because they are like all abortable quests...they are purely optional. The subject of this thread is non-abortable storyline quests that you have to fulfill in order to progress.

Yeah tright, I am argumantative.

I am amazed you made it to SAAB and did not notice these type of quests are not that rare at all. How on earth did you make it to SAAB without running into Princess Myciena? That might be valuable info to share.

Agent327

So show me 5 examples from before SAAB of a non-abortable Story or Bonus quest that requires you to produce supplies from a specific time cycle in a specific production building. I'll wait.

I will once you can explain how you made it to SAAB, without running into Princess Myciena.