• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Un-useful Buildings

DeletedUser33339

People are going to whine no matter what. Eliminate chance from the Events and people will still gripe that the prizes cost too much (well, they aren't prizes anymore, are they, if you can just buy them instead of win them?). Personally I don't think we need to dumb down Events just because they don't pay out a guaranteed, whine-free trophy for everybody who signs on.

MY post has nothing to do with eliminating chance. yes people will always complain. my post had to important things mentioned. 1 having a way to sell event won items back to the event for a fraction of event currency in an effort to win a different prize. one that may actually be wanted. 2 having different / or more cost related items in chests (EX: 30 lantern chest =1 rogue VS 60 (65) lantern chest = 1 rogue.) I THINK this could have been simply done better with 2 or 3 rogues for the cost of the chest. NOT TRYING TO CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE OMG!

Not trying to dumb anything down although from ALOT of the replies that i have seen on other posts and on mine, we may need a window licking event for some of these people....

You don't need a gambling mechanic to make events. Unless you play FoE to gamble? If that's what gets you your fix more power to ya. Me, I don't like gambling, nor what it does to people. Stores where items are purchased with event currency is not a foreign concept.

again nothing to do with my post....i guess people cant read any more. i knew the school system was failing but.. wow. if yall want to talk about a stupid store make your own post otherwise stay on topic

well let's just have a store where everything in game can be bought with diamonds and get rid of all events, dc's, ge, quests etc.

Again nothing to do with my post and another stupid reply

They just need to make event stores and do away with the RNG nonsense. Current event has an upgrade at 20% for 65 lanterns. So sell the upgrades for ~325 lanterns and be done with it. Then we wouldn't have "junk" being thrown into our inventory and no one is whining about bad RNG streaks. Maybe less money for Inno from the bad luck gamblers...meh.

completely disagree and this has nothing to do with my original post thanks for proving my point about stupid replies.

This is the player forum. You won't get a response from any member of Inno's staff. Best you'll get is a mod posting and they are volunteers. You want more direct interaction then join the beta game and forum. They have some actual Inno staff members on that forum (well at least one anyway that I've seen. :p)>

I am looking for replies from players but i would hope that it would be constructive VS stupid. I seem to get stupid replies that have nothing to do with the post more than anything and it just annoys me that people are stupid.

DeletedUser33339

I wasn't replying to your post, else I would've quoted your post instead of the post to which I was replying.

all the more reason not to post. i dont and wold never post on a thread just to reply to someone if it had nothing to do with original post....

DeletedUser31440

well since that is not was not and has never been what my post was about yeah stupid like most replies on here

1 having a way to sell event won items back to the event for a fraction of event currency in an effort to win a different prize. one that may actually be wanted. 2 having different / or more cost related items in chests (EX: 30 lantern chest =1 rogue VS 60 (65) lantern chest = 1 rogue.) I THINK this could have been simply done better with 2 or 3 rogues for the cost of the chest.

What are you proposing to give up in order to get either of the things you are advocating for?

DeletedUser33339

So report me.

its not a report issue.... its common sense. its staying on topic. its being respectful. its having a brain. replying to my thread with something that has nothing to do with my thread is as smart and doing jumping jacks on the middle of a 6 lane highway because there is more room. yes you can do it but its going to annoy others and its stupid and not the place to do it.

But i understand this day and age people don't have common sense, don't have respect, don't have common decencies

DeletedUser31440

I have already explained that several times. i am sorry that you cant read or dont understand. i am not here to teach you to read or comprehend

So I tried to read back through your previous posts, but my reading comprehension obviously isn't too great because I only see you asking for Inno to give you better/more of a prize from a chest, the ability to trade in crappy prizes for event currency to go for better prizes, and no mention of giving anything up in order to get those things. Perhaps you could be so kind as to tell me in plain English what it is that you are proposing to give up in order to gain the trade-in and more of a particular crap prize in a higher cost chest?

Graviton

its being respectful.

sethton said:
i guess people cant read any more.
sethton said:
thanks for proving my point about stupid replies.
sethton said:
i would hope that it would be constructive VS stupid. I seem to get stupid replies
sethton said:
yeah stupid like most replies on here
sethton said:
i am sorry that you cant read or dont understand. i am not here to teach you to read or comprehend

sethton said:
But i understand this day and age people don't have common sense, don't have respect, don't have common decencies

DeletedUser31498

MY post has nothing to do with eliminating chance. yes people will always complain. my post had to important things mentioned. 1 having a way to sell event won items back to the event for a fraction of event currency in an effort to win a different prize. one that may actually be wanted. 2 having different / or more cost related items in chests (EX: 30 lantern chest =1 rogue VS 60 (65) lantern chest = 1 rogue.) I THINK this could have been simply done better with 2 or 3 rogues for the cost of the chest. NOT TRYING TO CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE OMG!

Not trying to dumb anything down although from ALOT of the replies that i have seen on other posts and on mine, we may need a window licking event for some of these people....

again nothing to do with my post....i guess people cant read any more. i knew the school system was failing but.. wow. if yall want to talk about a stupid store make your own post otherwise stay on topic

Again nothing to do with my post and another stupid reply

completely disagree and this has nothing to do with my original post thanks for proving my point about stupid replies.

I am looking for replies from players but i would hope that it would be constructive VS stupid. I seem to get stupid replies that have nothing to do with the post more than anything and it just annoys me that people are stupid.

I think you've failed to respond adequately to my earlier posts, once you understood what I meant. Please re-read my last two, and explain where you think my logic is wrong. Your point is that the 60 lantern chest isn't enough "value" compared to the 30 one. As in, yuo don't value the special kit that much I suppose. I do. You shouldn't pay 60 lanterns for that chest then. If you want INNO to triple the amount of rogues they offer, it'll cost 70 maybe instead. You should stop calling others stupid and realize *they* might not be the stupid ones.

DeletedUser32973

People are going to whine no matter what. Eliminate chance from the Events and people will still gripe that the prizes cost too much (well, they aren't prizes anymore, are they, if you can just buy them instead of win them?). Personally I don't think we need to dumb down Events just because they don't pay out a guaranteed, whine-free trophy for everybody who signs on.

Hmm, I'm not sure how removing the RNG factor in events is dumbing them down. I feel like if you put in the work you should get rewarded. A bad streak in RNG can make any work you do in an event all for naught. It hasn't happened to me yet, but it's kind of off-putting to know that you can put in a month's worth of effort in an event and still have nothing to show for it except for more bloated inventory space. I suppose this is kind of off topic now though.

wolfhoundtoo

Hmm, I'm not sure how removing the RNG factor in events is dumbing them down. I feel like if you put in the work you should get rewarded. A bad streak in RNG can make any work you do in an event all for naught. It hasn't happened to me yet, but it's kind of off-putting to know that you can put in a month's worth of effort in an event and still have nothing to show for it except for more bloated inventory space. I suppose this is kind of off topic now though.

But without the RNG that would make it too easy to get what you want. The random nature surely prompts more people to try and win the prizes via diamond expenditures (I'm assuming but given that Inno puts a RNG in all of the major events I think I can safely say that Inno thinks that anyway :)).

Graviton

Hmm, I'm not sure how removing the RNG factor in events is dumbing them down. I feel like if you put in the work you should get rewarded.

But if you remove the RNG, then...what work are you doing? You're just buying stuff outright, unless I'm misunderstanding. EDIT: okay, you're doing the Event tasks to get the event currency, I see. That does level the playing field, in that everybody will have the same amount to spend except the whales. Which, given that this is a for-profit company, could mean the top prize would then be turned into something that's impossible to get without spending diamonds. With the RNG, if Luck be a lady, players have a real shot at the top prize without spending anything.

A bad streak in RNG can make any work you do in an event all for naught. It hasn't happened to me yet, but it's kind of off-putting to know that you can put in a month's worth of effort in an event and still have nothing to show for it except for more bloated inventory space.

It has happened to me. For this Event I have a fully upgraded set on only two worlds out of seven. On one world I've only managed one upgrade. I do understand, and I agree that it is frustrating. It might be only the fact that I play on multiple worlds that keeps me from getting worked up about it. But I'd like to think that I still wouldn't rather just buy stuff. I enjoy the games, even when I don't have 100% success.

I also keep in mind that these are special events, which means they are extras; addendums to the normal day-to-day game. If I miss 'em, I miss 'em. I can name two other games that I play off the top of my head that have occasional events in which it's virtually impossible to win the top prize. I mean, only a relatively few players manage it, and those who do are dropping cash-money. The Events in FoE are far easier by orders of magnitude, where (it seems to me) the majority of players can end up with the grand prize without spending real money. Or even diamonds.

I agree that the last three Events have seemed tougher, and perhaps that percentage of players getting the grand prize has dropped. But still, it seems to me that nearly everyone has a chance at the top prize(s) in FoE, whereas in the aforementioned games I'd bet half the player base doesn't even bother with them because experience tells them they don't have much chance at it.

I'm a daily player, but not a hard-core player (I don't HQ, I don't do GE past level 2, I rarely PvP and even more rarely plunder), and I've been able to win every grand prize in every city in every Event since I started playing, until this past Winter Event. It sems that's when they upped the difficulty. My point with all of this is that if I can get the top prize(s) most of the time without an aggressive game play then most casual players probably can too. Some will get luckier than others, but this is a game.

I suppose this is kind of off topic now though.

Yeah, I guess it is. ;)

DeletedUser32973

But if you remove the RNG, then...what work are you doing? You're just buying stuff outright, unless I'm misunderstanding. EDIT: okay, you're doing the Event tasks to get the event currency, I see. That does level the playing field, in that everybody will have the same amount to spend except the whales. Which, given that this is a for-profit company, could mean the top prize would then be turned into something that's impossible to get without spending diamonds. With the RNG, if Luck be a lady, players have a real shot at the top prize without spending anything.

It has happened to me. For this Event I have a fully upgraded set on only two worlds out of seven. On one world I've only managed one upgrade. I do understand, and I agree that it is frustrating. It might be only the fact that I play on multiple worlds that keeps me from getting worked up about it. But I'd like to think that I still wouldn't rather just buy stuff. I enjoy the games, even when I don't have 100% success.

The thing is, while not guaranteed, you're likely to get at least one top prize (usually not more than one) if you finish the whole event. So pretty much everyone makes bank just by participating, except for an unlucky few not blessed by RNGesus. So considering INNO is granting most people the top prize without spending diamonds I don't think such top prizes would have to be "impossible" for diamondless players to get as you say. The purpose of diamond expenditure for most people in these events seems to be getting multiple top prizes.

In any case I too have multiple worlds, and so far my main city hasn't been hit by a bad streak yet. A couple of the others have, but yeah it keeps me from getting too worked up about it as well. I suppose I just really detest lotto systems. I don't play FoE to play a lottery. I will say my diamond farms are starting to get up to speed, so hopefully my main city will never experience a failed event with my nice diamond padding.