• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Unattached Military Units

DeletedUser25910

When I hover my mouse over a unit, the popup will show something like "Great Sword Warrior (1/3 unattached)". All unit images also have a yellow band across the upper right corner. This is only in the world of Rugnir. My other game worlds do not show this. Can anyone shed light on this?

DeletedUser3679

When I hover my mouse over a unit, the popup will show something like "Great Sword Warrior (1/3 unattached)". All unit images also have a yellow band across the upper right corner. This is only in the world of Rugnir. My other game worlds do not show this. Can anyone shed light on this?

Yellow bands just identifies units as as unattached (no barracks) units. The 1/3 means you have a total of 3 of these. If unattached units die, you must spend diamonds to revive before you leave the battle results page, or they are gone forever. Attached units (no yellow band) can be revived with diamonds in the same way, but can also be revived later in their barracks without using diamonds. These you have forever, unless you sell the barracks they are attached to.

DeletedUser25910

Yellow bands just identifies units as as unattached (no barracks) units. The 1/3 means you have a total of 3 of these. If unattached units die, you must spend diamonds to revive before you leave the battle results page, or they are gone forever. Attached units (no yellow band) can be revived with diamonds in the same way, but can also be revived later in their barracks without using diamonds. These you have forever, unless you sell the barracks they are attached to.
Thanks for the response. How about the other part of my post regarding my other game worlds do not show the bands nor the 1/3 for all the unattached units? That's what actually puzzling to me.

DeletedUser3679

Thanks for the response. How about the other part of my post regarding my other game worlds do not show the bands nor the 1/3 for all the unattached units? That's what actually puzzling to me.

No bands means you only have attached units. And no numbers means you have a small amount of those. The numbers are generally used when there are too many units to show at one time. For example, I have 100's of rouges, but only 20 undamaged and all the damaged one show. So hovering over one says 1/800. This is done to help performance issues.

Ylisaveta

If only one of your worlds is showing the yellow banner for unattached, and you know you have unattached in the other worlds, then you probably don't have the setting turned on to highlight unattached. I play browser, and on my screen in the lower left under the larger game function buttons are some little blue buttons. One looks like two gears, that is settings. The tab that opens up has a list of notifications and city animations you can turn on or off.

DeletedUser10415

For some strange reason, unattached unit labeling is by default set to 'off'. It was not always this way. Now you have to go into the settings to change it to 'on' to get the stripe if you want it. It's the first thing i do with a new city once the tutorial turns me loose. Unattached units are very useful, and I like to keep them alive.

DeletedUser25910

If only one of your worlds is showing the yellow banner for unattached, and you know you have unattached in the other worlds, then you probably don't have the setting turned on to highlight unattached. I play browser, and on my screen in the lower left under the larger game function buttons are some little blue buttons. One looks like two gears, that is settings. The tab that opens up has a list of notifications and city animations you can turn on or off.
Aha! It is the settings. Thanks!

DeletedUser26197

Question relating to selling the barracks, as you stated when one sells the barracks, you will loose all of your units associated with that barracks.
Has anyone suggested being able to keep your units? Maybe as an unattached unit?

DeletedUser25273

Question relating to selling the barracks, as you stated when one sells the barracks, you will loose all of your units associated with that barracks.
Has anyone suggested being able to keep your units? Maybe as an unattached unit?

Yes, it has been suggested, but a number of people pointed out how unbalancing it could be, it basically give much of the benefit of the Alcatraz without anywhere near the cost.

DeletedUser9184

For some strange reason, unattached unit labeling is by default set to 'off'. It was not always this way.
To be a bit more specific here. It is now default off to make the army management screen look less complicated at first glance. It will automatically turn on once you have over 100 unattached units or place an Alcatraz in your city.