• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unfair algorithm for Continent Map

Sir RA

I don't mind losing if I misplay or am outmatched. The fun is in a fair challenge, win or lose. However, attacking an algorithm that seems to change the rules to insure it's victory makes me lose interest.

My move placed my Heavy Cavalry 4 spaces away from the Trebuchet and on the next move i could only move sideways or backwards so I lost an attack and my attacker since this allowed time for all the Trebuchets to focus in on my Cavalry while I could cause no damage. In the same game my Berserker was unable to move the 3 spaces to attack the defending Berserker again allowing time for other defenders to gang up. Apparently when Trebuchets are on the field the algorithm holds the attackers in the middle of the field to get pommeled. A Trebuchet does not have a defense of 4 if it also has a movement restriction around it. I have seen this movement restriction in other battles, but not as blatant as with the Trebuchets.

Please let me know if this is an intended aspect of the game or an error.

DeletedUser

You would need to provide a screenshot of what you're talking about, as I have never seen any kind of movement restriction that wasn't caused by terrain or reaching maximum movement allowance.

ffblackice

Not sure if there is any unit in between blocking the way? or those spots can not be entered by Heavy Cavalry?

Super Catanian

My move placed my Heavy Cavalry 4 spaces away from the Trebuchet and on the next move i could only move sideways or backwards
Most likely there were a bunch of rocks in front of your Heavy Cavalry. Fast Units of those early eras cannot be on rocks (there is only a single exception, and it is rare), nor can they move past them.

As for everything else you are talking about, as mentioned, providing a screenshot will help.