• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unfair Hoods !

• Thread starter DeletedUser22361
  • Start date

DeletedUser22361

Why do you move into a hood that a player has like a million points and you only have about 35,000 points only to be attacked and plundered with no way to counter attack?

This is UNFAIR and BULL CRAP !

DeletedUser8152

It does happen. You will probably get moved out in the next shuffle, in two weeks.

This is an aspect of the game that gets a lot of complaints. However, as long as you collect on time they can't take anything from you.

It does have some upsides. It gives you the chance to get some high-age blueprints from MPing, and high ages goods with trading. If there are a lot of high age players, odds are that a few of them are using 2 spears defense, so you might have the opportunity yourself to plunder some high age stuff.

DeletedUser9732

There is a benefit for the higher level players too - the 10 LMA players moved into one of my TE hoods are giving me free points in PE-PME towers. I picked up a couple thousand medals last week for basically no effort.

Seriously though, everyone agrees it is broken and BS, and has been for a long time. Maybe some year they'll even fix it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

DeletedUser

2 weeks of sad

It does happen. You will probably get moved out in the next shuffle, in two weeks.

This is an aspect of the game that gets a lot of complaints. However, as long as you collect on time they can't take anything from you.

It does have some upsides. It gives you the chance to get some high-age blueprints from MPing, and high ages goods with trading. If there are a lot of high age players, odds are that a few of them are using 2 spears defense, so you might have the opportunity yourself to plunder some high age stuff.

If it gets a lot of complaints, why isn't it addressed? I feel the need to refute your points.

I'm in the Iron Age with about 13000 points. The next player up in my hood has about 35000 points and is 2 ages ahead of me. The top 70 players in my hood range from 10 times my score to 100 times my score and range from 4 ages to 8 ages ahead of me. I may as well not play for a couple weeks, because I'm just going to see an Event History full of red the entire time. Bad algorithms don't make good fun.

While I try to plan my productions based on my playtime, I can't always collect "on time" - especially for special buildings like Bazaars that only produce certain items over a specific time duration.
As for the benefits of being exposed to higher era players - I've already got two groups for that: friends and guild.

DeletedUser22361

I don't mind the plundering part because I like to do it as well. My beef is I want the chance to counter attack and at least have the chance to recover what was plundered. If a player that is higher then you does it you don't have the chance and takes the fun away from the game. It's like a tank vs a caveman throwing rocks situation... Or aliens vs caveman. In the last few hours have already been plundered three times.... A set margin needs to be addressed in this to make it more fair... People have strong rules about fair trades how about fair plundering ?

DeletedUser10517

Its never going to be 'fair' because there is no definition as to what 'fair' is.

I think its quite fair to be in a hood with players 5 ages above me because I then get a chance to get higher aged BPs and to trade for higher aged goods.
I get a 'fair' chance of acquiring an Alcatraz early.

The amount of points a player has is no indication of their level or ability. A player could have 1 million points and still be in Iron Age.....it just means hes been sat there a long time collecting coins and supplies and perhaps fighting his neighbours.

A neighbour attacking you with Tanks doesnt always mean he has Tanks in his defence. Many a player have lower aged troops in defense.....I do. I have Colonial aged troops in defence at the moment and am just about in Contemporary era......So whilst I might attack you with Tanks, you could easily counter attack.

The best thing to do on a new neighbourhood merger is to select the troops of the age of tower you want to compete in and then attack neighbours. Surrender if the troops are too high for you, and mark down what they have.

You might be surprised how many have lower age troops.

Plundering doesnt just occur when players are very much older......it can occur with players who are of LOWER ages than you are.....so collecting on time is the only protection.