• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unformatted Ideas

Cowbingo

what is an
Unformatted Ideas
is that an idea that is not in the right format and need to be retyped up then submitted in triple on the correct paper that the print won't take so you run to the store get what you need only to find out you are out of ink and have to go back to get some and then find unformatted idea really means your idea sucks :cool: and is Just"cowbingo"(it's real word google it) maybe I should buy a couple grids and hope for the best.

Johnny B. Goode

The reasoning behind having Ideas in a particular format is so that people can more easily comprehend what is being proposed. You would be amazed at how inscrutable an Idea can be without (and sometimes even with) a format. People can't discuss or vote on an Idea that isn't clearly and readily understandable. And, if the Idea sucks, then we can tell you rather than have a moderator close the thread...and that's much more fun for some of us. :p

Periclez

Ok I can see that an idea being proposed for a vote needs to be clear, concise, complete and its side effects considered

OTOH some folks have half to three fourths of an idea and need some help with the missing pieces. Ie. the idea person is not necessarily the "nuts and volts" person.

How about a thread where potential ideas could be debated, and then, perhaps, cooperatively developed into acceptable proposals??

Agent327

Johnny B. Goode

Ok I can see that an idea being proposed for a vote needs to be clear, concise, complete and its side effects considered

OTOH some folks have half to three fourths of an idea and need some help with the missing pieces. Ie. the idea person is not necessarily the "nuts and volts" person.

How about a thread where potential ideas could be debated, and then, perhaps, cooperatively developed into acceptable proposals??
How about the section for game discussions? That already exists and is the perfectly logical sub-forum for such threads.

Agent327

How about the section for game discussions? That already exists and is the perfectly logical sub-forum for such threads.

Not that logical. If you need help developing a potential idea you put it as a question.

There is no reason to start a discussion on an idea already suggested or DNS. Also it is not unlikely a discussion on the subject has already been held, so I prefer it will be put in Questions.

DevaCat

You can start a thread for that here

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/questions.25/

Biggest problem is not that ideas are unformatted, but that about 90% is DNS or Already Suggested. Players that have a "brilliant idea" can't be bothered with doing some research.
Many of those same players also don’t want to bother with thinking through their idea, or to express it clearly enough for others to understand because, well, it’s “brilliant.” The Unformatted section works as a great filter — ever notice the number of ideas placed there which are never brought up again? (I know you do, Agent lol). I do wish some of them were not moved there so quickly and locked, some I really want to add comments :)

Cowbingo

I wish to ty you people for your help.
and TY Agent327 for your instruction on what i need to do.
moo u later