• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Units for Alcatraz

DeletedUser35131

So I am about to build Alcatraz I have no army buildings and next to no experience fighting aside from hitting auto battle. (Yes I know I should not be building Alcatraz in the first place in my situation but let me do me) I know the basics of range has advantage over heavy etc. but it seems that the battle field and units get more complicated around progressive and on. I am not into battling nor do I want to go way in depth with battling but if I wanted to use 8 of one unit for smaller battles something like early on in GE or for easy quests which unit would be good to use? I am in Modern age. I was thinking maybe bazooka but I don't have that unlocked yet or maybe champion which would be a lot easier to have in my city. Maybe use 2-3 Units from GE and 5-6 rogues or is that not a good strat that and I may run out of units from GE quickly?

I have hideout, retreat, all of those "all age" buildings in inventory.

My attacking bonuses are roughly %50 att %50 def yes I know that's low for my age and I will raise it a little but I don't care for battling at all I am going to build Alcatraz regardless if I use it or not but I figure I would try to get some use out of it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Use 6-7 Rogues with 1-2 regular units. In GE what those 1-2 units are is sometimes dictated by the makeup of the enemy army. Tanks are usually good in Modern unless there's artillery or a bunch of light units. You should build 1 Rogue Hideout and no other barracks. Use unattached units from GE. If necessary, you can throw up a regular unit barracks temporarily to get a few unattached of them from your Traz, but most of the time you just want it producing Rogues. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BATTLE WITH MOSTLY ROGUES ON THE CAMPAIGN/CONTINENT MAP! The C-Map defense will target your regular units, if it can reach them, instead of the Rogues, unlike every other defense army in the game. (That is my advice. Others may disagree, but I fight almost all of GE with this strategy. Contemporary Era is the best for this, as the Anti-Aircraft Vehicle with 6-7 Rogues is almost unbeatable on offense. You do need to up your attack %, though.)

DeletedUser35131

Thanks for the input that seems like a good strat most likely I'll go with that. Is there another strat better for the c map? Since my good bonuses are already unlocked I stopped trading for sectors and thought maybe I'll fight for them when I am several ages ahead for an easy victory and save on goods. But I would like to advance on the map for the expansions. I am not sure if there are additional goods bonuses on Modern map and beyond. But too I can wait an age or two if I am just not strong enough to fight on the map.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for the input that seems like a good strat most likely I'll go with that. Is there another strat better for the c map? Since my good bonuses are already unlocked I stopped trading for sectors and thought maybe I'll fight for them when I am several ages ahead for an easy victory and save on goods. But I would like to advance on the map for the expansions. I am not sure if there are additional goods bonuses on Modern map and beyond. But too I can wait an age or two if I am just not strong enough to fight on the map.
Getting "several ages" ahead on the C-Map, you might not be able to fight through. You would probably need much higher attack boosts without the advantage that the Rogues give you elsewhere. Not to mention that you'll be facing higher era units that will have a built in advantage over your lower era units. I try never to get too far ahead of my city's era on the C-Map. Balance is the key to this game in many ways, and that's one of them, in my opinion.

As far as the goods bonuses (boosts), from Modern on up the goods boosts are repurposed older boosts, and you will get additional lower era boosts as you progress on the C-Map. I believe that in OF you end up with 4 of the 5 goods types being boosted.

DeletedUser35131

Getting "several ages" ahead on the C-Map, you might not be able to fight through. You would probably need much higher attack boosts without the advantage that the Rogues give you elsewhere. Not to mention that you'll be facing higher era units that will have a built in advantage over your lower era units. I try never to get too far ahead of my city's era on the C-Map. Balance is the key to this game in many ways, and that's one of them, in my opinion.

As far as the goods bonuses (boosts), from Modern on up the goods boosts are repurposed older boosts, and you will get additional lower era boosts as you progress on the C-Map. I believe that in OF you end up with 4 of the 5 goods types being boosted.
I meant the other way around like reaching contemporary age and have not touched modern age c map yet then use cont. Units against M units. Since I can use the good bonuses from the early map I don't need to advance on the map to produce goods with a bonus. So you just get more than 2 good bonuses I guess that makes trading a lot easier since you may not have to deal with that in the first place. It takes forever for people to accept my trades 1:1

DeletedUser29726

usually you can just auto with any 8 of the same unit if you're that far ahead of what you're fighting. some units even have extra inherent advantages that'll make earlier units die even easier (like AAVs from CE, stealth tanks from TE).

Jern2017

I auto battled in the ME continent while being in the Progressive Era. I can't recall exactly, but I believe my boost was around 140/110. I turned on the 4 hour attacker boost in the tavern and used units that had a bonus against the enemy units. For example, if I was up against 4 Bazooka Teams and 4 Battle Tanks, I used 4 Snipers and 4 Conscripts.

I tried the same tactic on the Postmodern Era continent map and successfully gained control over the first province, which had a mix of ME and PME units, but couldn't fight any further.