• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unrefined Goods production boost???

DeletedUser15891

Found this on the FOE Wikia page, any truth to it? It states this for many goods buildings.

"The Genetics Research Lab is a goods building of the postmodern era that produces Genome Data. The production requires Whale Oil from the industrial age. If the player controls the good deposit of Wool (which can be found in the provinces of the iron age and the postmodern era) the production is multiplied by five."

Cheers
Lou

DeletedUser1753

From Modern Era on goods are boosted based on an existing boost from lower ages and not only cost coin/supply but take unrefined goods as raw material. Yes, the article is fully true. Read up on refined and unrefined goods.
The Modern era map will give you a 3rd BA boost and a 3rd CA boost, PME map a 3rd IA boost and a 3rd Indy boost, etc.

DeletedUser15891

But... does your production get multiplied by 5? Mine hasn't
Lou

DeletedUser1753

How multiplied by 5? you produce 5/10/20/30 when you have the boost or 1/2/4/6 when you don't. Just like every other age. The only difference is it looks at an older deposit instead of new deposits.

DeletedUser8152

But... does your production get multiplied by 5? Mine hasn't
Lou
Your ME production will be multiplied by 5 if you have the proper Bronze Age boost. For instance, my Concrete Plant can produce 20 units per day because I have the Rock boost. My Packaging Factory would only produce 4 units per day since I don't have trees.

DeletedUser15891

Ok I completely misread/understood the statement lol. I was thinking that it multiplied by five, wasn't even considering it meant boosted/unboosted productions.