• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upgrade to version 1.29

DeletedUser

Good afternoon, today we had the game upgraded to version 1.29....where is the so long talked GB unlimited level ?
I don't see any difference between before and now a part the reduced amount of power points from the Hall of Fame.
Am I wrong or what ?

DeletedUser10266

The gb change is delayed till they get the ipad app updated to support it as well. When that will be i dont honestly know.

DeletedUser5103

strange that the update shows that it is there on the splash but i dont see any of the actually changes. I feel like a mushroom :blink:

DeletedUser10266

It updated to 1.29. Hof is nerfed and they changed some of the visuals. The change of the gbs is the only part of the update that was delayed.

DeletedUser5103

OK one more issue who decided that 1% is worth a whole level on a zues. from 30 attack to 31 attack surely that is not what they mean when they claimed six months ago when they was going to make it up to us by uncapping the attack buildings. That is the kind of slap in the face of the players that causes drama please do n0t do such things.

DeletedUser10266

The attack building increases are a bit small the the increases on some of the other gbs isn't so bad. Like others have said else where, something is better than nothing

DeletedUser

The attack building increases are a bit small the the increases on some of the other gbs isn't so bad. Like others have said else where, something is better than nothing
I agree Bruic, 1% is more than zero, so welcome to that 1 %

DeletedUser2145

Then why ask if you won't accept the answer?

ETA: There's literally no point in having the vouchers prior to the GB changes, as the only thing you'll be able to do with those vouchers in the meantime is erase them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10266

Then why ask if you won't accept the answer?

ETA: There's literally no point in having the vouchers prior to the GB changes, as the only thing you'll be able to do with those vouchers in the meantime is erase them.

Because it is easier for people to complain and blame inno than accept reality and be patient

DeletedUser10076

Inno has done very little to encourage trust in its word lately. Just a few examples.

1. When they imposed the 7 day cool down on the return to your guild they orginally said it was cause of the gvg problems. They later admitted the wanted to stop trade hoppers. Why not just say that to begin with?
2. The HOF *Subsections.*
A. The "Bug". There was a guild on beta which tested its power, it proceeded as planed despite the player's concerned.
B. Before the HOF you recieved one prestige for every one power your guild produced. It is unlikely this was actually a bug and more like they got caught with thier hands in the cookie Jar.
C. Nerfing the HOF so quickly
D. No ingame announcements about the nerf, or refund.
E. The HOF concept itself I already raged against elsewhere.
3. While it can change the "awesome" compensation we were to recieve and the ability to recover our lost attack power is most certainly a bust. Don't even try that something is better than nothing argument.
4. On this delay the way I understand it you can't EVEN build a GB with on the Ipad. So I don't see why this should be delayed.
5. The don't worry its one update attitude. Already more minor updates are being delayed on other servers.

And THAT IS JUST OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD. So do not get snide with players repressing concern with the direction their beloved game is heading.

DeletedUser

Inno has done very little to encourage trust in its word lately. Just a few examples.

1. When they imposed the 7 day cool down on the return to your guild they orginally said it was cause of the gvg problems. They later admitted the wanted to stop trade hoppers. Why not just say that to begin with?
2. The HOF *Subsections.*
A. The "Bug". There was a guild on beta which tested its power, it proceeded as planed despite the player's concerned.
B. Before the HOF you recieved one prestige for every one power your guild produced. It is unlikely this was actually a bug and more like they got caught with thier hands in the cookie Jar.
C. Nerfing the HOF so quickly
D. No ingame announcements about the nerf, or refund.
E. The HOF concept itself I already raged against elsewhere.
3. While it can change the "awesome" compensation we were to recieve and the ability to recover our lost attack power is most certainly a bust. Don't even try that something is better than nothing argument.
4. On this delay the way I understand it you can't EVEN build a GB with on the Ipad. So I don't see why this should be delayed.
5. The don't worry its one update attitude. Already more minor updates are being delayed on other servers.

And THAT IS JUST OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD. So do not get snide with players repressing concern with the direction their beloved game is heading.

Thank you Walrusking001, always better with your words than I.

DeletedUser2145

From the changelog:
To combat GvG hopping, a new system has been implemented to stop players from rejoining a guild they have left for 7 days. This will also solve a few other long-existing non-GvG issues there were caused by accounts leaving and rejoining their guilds.

They didn't give specifics but they pointed out that other reasons are behind the decision. There was no change of reason later on, it was simply pointed out by mods here and elsewhere that one of those "other long-existing non-GvG issues" was the trading hoping.

Okay, the HoF issue as a whole I understand. Even though it has been covered with its own share of threads.

The Great Building features will become active on the iPad with the next update. That does not mean that they'll be added then, just that they will go live with that update. Quite a number of times content is added in advance but is not activated then. We do not have access to the actual codes, it might be they need to make sure background work such as logs are added in advance. Whatever it is, it is being done for a reason, not because they feel the need to postpone things. I feel they owe us a note about the delay, they do not have to give us reasons or specifics as to why it takes place.

This is not these other servers, this is US where so far it is this single update. Maybe there will be more in the future, we'll see. Does it really matter if these updates are delayed if it covers both browser and app? There's little point in having an app if it gets the updates later than the actual game, finding a middle ground between the two seems more reasonable.

If someone feels offended or mocked by a post of mine, I respectfully apologize. But just as a player can rant about their frustration with the game and throw remarks toward the company on numerous places in the forum, I am entitled to express my own frustration about those posts. There's a feedback thread created specifically for the update where all and any concerns about the update itself can be collected, there's no need for the same post in a couple of threads around the forum. They do not add anything and certainly do not help with whatever the issue is but actually spread that frustration to others.

DeletedUser10076

@Phantom

You know as well as I do THATS not what it read to begin with with.

Secondly I do realize that the job as a forum admin is not easy and I wouldn't do it thats for sure.

But INNO must be brought to understand that its actions of late are not becoming of the company I and others have decided to support. I have played other browser games as a coiner and they just keep making bonehead moves. INNO at least with this game(I haven't played the others) was maintaining balance between coiners and non, and was doing an excellent job with updates until about new years when it went downhill fast.

I half expect units to stop healing on their own the next update.

Other companies did horrible and underhanded things to milk money while not maintaining long term strenght. INNO until now wasn't doing that. Perhaps thats why I myself am upset. I didn't complain once these other games did their dirty deeds I just left. I thought I had finally found a fun browser game I could support. If INNO continues down this path I might still play, but there is no way I could support.

DeletedUser2145

I did not post any of that as a moderator, but as a player myself. It's not against the forum rules so it doesn't make any mod's job harder, and never has the forum been just praise there have always been complaints (in fact praise was always rare but you can generally see the difference in opinion based on the number of different players complaining). It's understandable that if someone has a complaint they should voice it, there's nothing wrong with that and my post had nothing to do with that. Feedback is essential to establish how good a change is and to decide where improvements can be made. What I consider wrong is rage posting across multiple threads on the forum because one is obviously not happy with a change or a decision.

The posts aren't discussions so one cannot join in, they do not include anything new so they're not informative, they're not posted in the specific feedback thread so they're not providing feedback. When someone gets home after a long day and decides to check what's new on the forum, they get to see that, which either brings you down or winds you up yourself. It doesn't help me, it doesn't help you, it doesn't help to send a message to Inno, yet it spreads the frustration to others who visit the forum.

Posting a similar complaint in multiple different threads (by the same person) only clutters the place and buries other threads. The forum is not for the Community Managers or the Moderators, it is for all the players. When these long-awaited changes come the multiple complaint threads will still be here and the other non-complaint threads will still be a few pages behind. While I believe everyone has the right to complain, I also believe everyone has the right to choose how they do it so that when this is over and done, the forum can remain usable to others, including new players.

DeletedUser6120

Diminishing Returns

I agree Bruic, 1% is more than zero, so welcome to that 1 %

I am afraid that I cannot agree. The designers have used the "something is better than nothing" excuse to excess. There are "rewards" that are simply worth nothing. It is a matter of diminishing returns. That 1% boost is not free, far from it. They make you pay heavily for it, to the tune of thousands of forge points. That is simply way too much investment for way too little return. It would be like your buying a single apple, and someone charging you $1000 for it. Would you pay that? I would not even consider it. Now I am sure someone would say "but what if you really wanted that apple"? You have to decide if that tiny "benefit" is worth that enormous cost. My answer would be no. If you have absolutely nothing else to do with your forge points, it would be better to donate them to help level up the GBs of friends and fellow guild members, rather than waste them on a "reward" that is worth virtually nothing.