• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

VALENTINES DAY EVENT

• Thread starter DeletedUser7536
  • Start date

DeletedUser7536

I was just wondering if anyone knows what time the Valentine's Event starts?

DeletedUser2145

There is no known time, whenever the developers start it. You will however have enough time to complete the questline so I would not worry over the timeframe.

DeletedUser

Early this morning 2/7/14 at 6: 30 AM I began the Valentine quest and the start of these quest really stunk. After all the hours and weeks to build up my armies this quest wants be to delete a full military unit yeah, right. I thought it was wrong I deleted my residential and replace with another one that was ok but to delete a military unit really stunk. I wonder how many more surprises this Valentine quest has to offer.

DeletedUser

Oh great, I figured it out after I shot off my mouth too early in the morning LOL

DeletedUser2145

@Rick69NAM: Attack a player or a sector on the continent map, when you end up with a damaged unit that has only a single or two health points left, delete that unit and retrain it. I find that as the best way to complete such quests.

@krazzyirish: There will be no guide. The event basically consists of a couple consecutive quests whose requirements should be familiar to any player. If any does have any questions they are obviously free to ask and we'll provide assistance as required. :)

DeletedUser6494

I'm in the habit of holding onto the Early Age Unattached Units, specifically for this reason. I was able to delete a Slinger for this morning's Quest. :D For the house... if you have a 2x2 space... build a Hut... and sell it... cheap cheap cheap.

I recommend not using your Unattached Units for fighting, if possible. There are always Quests that ask you to delete a Unit (or several Units)... and it doesn't cost anything to delete an Unattached Unit. ThePhantom's method is very useful, too.

DeletedUser

I have an issue with one of the Quests. It states we need to Motivate 5 Buildings and Polish 5 Buildings. That would not be an issue if I was not in two Starter Neighborhoods with only 6/7 other Players in my neighborhood. Is there a way to modify this for the Starter Neighborhoods so we do not have to wait the standard 24 hours before we can complete this quest? Also, if there are anymore Quests like this, can they be modified as well?

Thanks and sorry to be a pain.

DeletedUser2145

There is no way for us to modify that Lex, and it is very likely the developers would not change it either since it is a complicated matter. Not every starting hood ends up with a few neighbors.

I suggest adding some friends - I'm sure lots of people would be interested in being motivated/polished, even if it just temporary during the event.

DeletedUser

Thanks, I just deleted one unit and remade it.

@Rick69NAM: Attack a player or a sector on the continent map, when you end up with a damaged unit that has only a single or two health points left, delete that unit and retrain it. I find that as the best way to complete such quests.

@krazzyirish: There will be no guide. The event basically consists of a couple consecutive quests whose requirements should be familiar to any player. If any does have any questions they are obviously free to ask and we'll provide assistance as required. :)

DeletedUser

I recommend not using your Unattached Units for fighting, if possible. There are always Quests that ask you to delete a Unit (or several Units)... and it doesn't cost anything to delete an Unattached Unit.

@Markus, What is an Unattached unit. I would like to follow your guidance, but I am not understanding it. I like the idea of not costing anything. I have already made the mistake of deleting an expensive house. I should have read the forum earlier.

Shoten

DeletedUser

@Markus, What is an Unattached unit. I would like to follow your guidance, but I am not understanding it. I like the idea of not costing anything. I have already made the mistake of deleting an expensive house. I should have read the forum earlier.

Shoten
An unattached unit is one that you had received from a quest or event. You didn't need to train the unit in one of the Military Buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Question, in one of my towns I don't wish to progress any further on the tech tree, so I come across the Vday quest from jack that involves p/m 15 people and research a technology. Problem is if I research a technology it will move me into the next era which I don't want and it won't allow me to abort it so is there any way around this?

DeletedUser

Zarnold.....not if you want to finish the quest and move forward to the next quest.

DeletedUser

Thx for the reply Maj, that's what I figured but I noticed that there were some other quests in the Vday line that could be aborted so just wanted to make sure. Doesn't really seem fair for those that don't want to progress or those that have already completely finished the tech tree, but not that big of a deal.

DeletedUser4844

Doesn't really seem fair for those that don't want to progress or those that have already completely finished the tech tree, but not that big of a deal.
If you have finished the tech tree and get a quest to research a tech it will say you completed it when you get it. Likewise, if you have conquered all provinces/sectors and you get a quest to negotiate or conquer a sector or province it will say you completed it when you get it.

DeletedUser8866

Nice and quick !
Did in 2 days without trying
Nice work, tho could be longer and more challenging.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I noticed that there were some other quests in the Vday line that could be aborted so just wanted to make sure.

These abortable ones are for players who wish to chose not to help Rose and Jack. (multiple storylines)