• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Valentine's Day Quests - Not everyone can complete them...

DeletedUser2942

I'm kind of upset right now. I'm doing the Valentine's quests and have gotten to the point Romeo & Juliet are reunited & they are attempting to repay me with a Tree of Love - which, of course, are just more pieces of the quest.

The first part states to build a residential building from the Late Middle Ages. Well, I just got to the Late Middle Ages & I do not currently have any residential buildings from the Late Middle Ages open right now. I'm working on opening Estate Houses, but I'm pretty far off. I'm not sure how long these quests will be available, but I'm wondering if I'll make it in time or not. Then if I can't finish in time, I'd have gone through all the other parts of this quest for nothing.

The other part of this quest is to obtain 3 of each: basalt, brass, silk, talc powder & gunpowder. I'd imagine it might be difficult to get some of these considering I'm only capable of producing two at the present time. I'll have to try to trade for the others & cross my fingers someone will trade with me.

How would someone who has not even made it to the Late Middle Ages hope to complete these quests?? Is it the same age for everyone or is it different? I have not seen anyone else post about the quests in this far, so I'd like to hear what others are encountering.

DeletedUser

the quest is age specific, it asked you to gather LMA goods and build LMA housing because you are in the LMA.

if you were in the BA it would ask for those goods.

This quest line ends on the 18th, plenty of time for you to finish the research for the estate houses.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the quest is age specific, it asked you to gather LMA goods and build LMA housing because you are in the LMA.

if you were in the BA it would ask for those goods.

This quest line ends on the 18th, plenty of time for you to finish the research for the estate houses.

Not for those that just entered colonial age. I just entered colonial age hours before the questline started. To unlock arcade houses (the first available) I need to complete 2 techs from LMA to open the bottom half of CA first. In total I need 236 Forge points to get to arcade houses, thats nearly 10 days. Even if I didn't need the LMA techs and assuming they were done and the bottom portion was ready to be researched I would need 128 forge points to unlock arcade houses, nearly 6 days worth. So for those just starting colonial age it will not be possible to complete the questline in time without buying a house.

I think the time should be put out a little from the 18th.

DeletedUser

Not for those that just entered colonial age. I just entered colonial age hours before the questline started. To unlock arcade houses (the first available) I need to complete 2 techs from LMA to open the bottom half of CA first. In total I need 236 Forge points to get to arcade houses, thats nearly 10 days. Even if I didn't need the LMA techs and assuming they were done and the bottom portion was ready to be researched I would need 128 forge points to unlock arcade houses, nearly 6 days worth. So for those just starting colonial age it will not be possible to complete the questline in time without buying a house.

I think the time should be put out a little from the 18th.

I'm in the same boat - I just entered Colonial age, and it is not possible to complete all the research required to unlock arcade houses. It's just impossible! I've completed all the other requirements (including gain of materials) but even if I spend all my accumulated packages and hound my supplies like mad, it is just not possible!

DeletedUser

There is another problem- what if you are finished with the tech tree - just saying. I was close to finished.

DeletedUser2145

There is another problem- what if you are finished with the tech tree - just saying. I was close to finished.

That was taken care of before the questline even appeared, both for the quests that required a tech tree research and a continent map conquering it completed automatically if you had finished with them.

DeletedUser

your quest checks before the last one for my age, this gave me a tree an age back. thats hogwash.

DeletedUser3

your quest checks before the last one for my age, this gave me a tree an age back. thats hogwash.
The entire Valentines questline is associated with the Age at which you began the quest, not the Age at which you concluded the quest. Also, it is not hogwash, as demonstrated by all these players who have found it virtually impossible to complete the quest because they are too young in the new age they entered. You were lucky enough to obtain the quest at the end of an age instead of at the beginning of one.

DeletedUser4021

in order to complete the quest do you have to produce the goods or merely acquire them? i am wondering because i have 3 of each of the goods required but is not complete so is this a glitch or do i have to just produce more?

DeletedUser

just acquire, but goods that you possess before accepting the quest don't count. If you think the quest is demonstrating a bug then submit a ticket

right click on the game screen and select support.

the status and any answer from the in game staff can be viewed in the same way

DeletedUser3364

The entire Valentines questline is associated with the Age at which you began the quest,
not the Age at which you concluded the quest.

Respectfully (and assuming I understand correctly)
That isn't correct.

I started the Quest in Cirgard during Early Middle Age,
and completed / entered High Middle Age During the Quest
(using the HMA Tech research for the 'research tech' mission).

The Duration of the quest 'reset' to High Middle Age
including the 'Gain Goods' mission (making it hard to complete)
as documented Here:
http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?2586-Last-Part-of-Valentine-s-Quest

The Tree is High Middle Age, as well.
(Fortunately: I have a Great Friend List,
and was able to get the Needed HMA Goods!)

*Arturis*

One option you could consider is do some sponsorpay for diamonds to get just one premium house for the age you are in or pay between 200 to 350 diamonds which cost you about 7 dollars to complete the requirement for housing. Tree of Love is nice deco for your city to have but not really a must have. You can skip it. I deleted graveyard, cracker, and confectionary just to make room for better building.

DeletedUser2145

The age requirements for completing the quest are associated with the age that you start the quest. Not the questline, but the actual quest. Therefore, if you entered HMA before accepting the last quest (or might have been the pre-last, there is a certain trigger quest, it's one of the last two) then you'll get HMA requirements.

LacLongQuan is correct, these are passing rewards that are easily replaceable with new buildings, unless you get them in the Colonial Age, then they'd be useful for a little longer while.

DeletedUser3580

For the Tree of Love I need 3 of each copper, granite , alabaster , Gold , Honey and it says to build a residential building from the Early Middle Ages not the late , What is the name of this Building ? Frame House . by the way the resources needed for this quest are not used so you can pass them around to others . Have Fun