• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Valentine's Event 2016 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser1084

Please let us know your thoughts on the 2016 Valentine's Event.

DeletedUser22957

Oh Heavens what horrible hoops will I have to jump through on this one?

-Anubis-

It seems that the cost of doing levels of quest and events has become more costly then the reward given. I'm hoping this won't be the case in the V-Day event.

DeletedUser10415

It will be the case. The quest rewards will be the same random rewards you get from doing the recurring quests once you've finished your age-specific tech-tree quests prior to advancing to the next age. In the end you'll get a useless decoration and an avatar. The only events worth doing are the easter, summer, and perhaps the winter event (though this past year's was lamer than previous years).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6163

I am not a fan of the time-delayed quests that make these events drag on and drag on longer than some of us want them to. Other than that, I do like the idea of offering a renovation kit instead of another tree of love for those who have the 3x3 tree.

PrincessofBast

I must question your religious biases. Yes, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that corporations have religious rights, and you certainly have the right to impose your religious beliefs on your players, but why? Why not be more multi-cultural?
I noticed that the "Monotheism" technology featured only three Abrahamic religions (Judaism - Bronze Age, Christianity - Iron Age, Islam - Medieval Period). You excluded more modern Abrahamic religions, such as Baha'i and Rastafari. Even more troubling, you left out the two earliest known monotheistic religions: Armana (ancient Egypt) and Zoroastrianism (ancient Persia and India), both of which clearly influenced the much later Abrahamic religions.
Now, you are disrespecting numerous Egyptian-based religions (Kemetic, Gypsy, Alexandrian, etc.) in which Cleopatra VII Philopator is divine.
You didn't have one of your staff members claim to be Jesus, because that would clearly offend most Christians and Muslims, but there is absolutely no difference between turning Jesus into a game character and turning Cleopatra VII Philopator into a game character.
Why purposely disrespect the religious beliefs of some of your players?

DeletedUser23123

I'll probably going to get on some nerves. Just have a question for those needing Reno Kits. Why build something that will only update with these? It seem to get aggravating waiting on one that take some time to get. I got 2 things that require A Reno Kits. No big deal it only produce Happiness. So, I'm not going to bother with them. It just seem more trouble than it worth.

DeletedUser10415

I'd play the event if I could get a reno kit out of it, even though I don't have a useless tree of love. That's not how it's reading to me though.

DeletedUser13838

I'll probably going to get on some nerves. Just have a question for those needing Reno Kits. Why build something that will only update with these? It seem to get aggravating waiting on one that take some time to get. I got 2 things that require A Reno Kits. No big deal it only produce Happiness. So, I'm not going to bother with them. It just seem more trouble than it worth.

Champions is one answer. Beyond that, most event buildings that require reno kits to upgrade are better than the same age alternative.

cbalto1927

i hope this event wouldnt be like winter event with the time-delay. I have noticed that this event quests are in once per day and has a timer to wait for the next quest. Next week i will go on vacation with my Wife and would hoped to finish up the quests before that time.

DeletedUser11463

I must question your religious biases. Yes, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that corporations have religious rights, and you certainly have the right to impose your religious beliefs on your players, but why? Why not be more multi-cultural?
I noticed that the "Monotheism" technology featured only three Abrahamic religions (Judaism - Bronze Age, Christianity - Iron Age, Islam - Medieval Period). You excluded more modern Abrahamic religions, such as Baha'i and Rastafari. Even more troubling, you left out the two earliest known monotheistic religions: Armana (ancient Egypt) and Zoroastrianism (ancient Persia and India), both of which clearly influenced the much later Abrahamic religions.
Now, you are disrespecting numerous Egyptian-based religions (Kemetic, Gypsy, Alexandrian, etc.) in which Cleopatra VII Philopator is divine.
You didn't have one of your staff members claim to be Jesus, because that would clearly offend most Christians and Muslims, but there is absolutely no difference between turning Jesus into a game character and turning Cleopatra VII Philopator into a game character.
Why purposely disrespect the religious beliefs of some of your players?
Oh let me puke now....The PC police will soon have destroyed anyone's ability to use any culture, picture, word or image....A while back someone was complaining about the Witch Doctor....Here's an idea....move to Syria or Saudi Arabia and rant there, or Turkey or China...then you will be arrested, jailed, beaten or killed....

This is a GAME....if you don't like it or the images on it, QUIT and stop whining about every perceived slight or PC idiocy....enough said. Time to wash the puke out of my mouth so I can get back to using my tanks to take out the savages....

DeletedUser23763

I'm getting very frustrated with how Innogames manages these events. I love the idea of having events like this but the implementation is terrible. Almost every one of them has a "scout a province", "research a technology', "take a sector/province", etc. I want to be able to advance the game at my own pace, not a pace dictated by Innogames. There should be a way for us to complete these events without having to go through these requirements that can force you to advance in age before you're ready. How about offering an option? Ex. "Pay X or research a technology", "Donate X goods or scout a province", "Spend X FP or take a sector".

I'm not even doing this event and I don't plan to do the leap year event either which is very frustrating because I would like to be able to participate.

Innogames, please change the way you force players to complete these events. It is extremely frustrating!!!

DeletedUser14438

Please let us know your thoughts on the 2016 Valentine's Event.

I have not been able to get past the "infiltrate sectors". I have done what they ask, but i never get anywhere on the quest. Isn't a sector one part of the province??
I have had this problem with all of your special events.

DeletedUser24459

Yes, a sector is one part of a province. If you are sure that you have paid the coins required to infiltrate a particular sector and it does not show on the quest, then try refreshing the game. If that works the only other think I can think to do is to contact support

iamtheemperor

I have not been able to get past the "infiltrate sectors". I have done what they ask, but i never get anywhere on the quest. Isn't a sector one part of the province??

Yes, a sector is one part of a province. My guess is there might be confusion about infiltrate vs negotiate. Negotiate is to pay goods to acquire a sector. Infiltrate is a separate button in a different place that requires paying coins to reduce the health of the opponent's army.

DeletedUser24459

The quest I got was to infiltrate... which I was able to complete with no problem. According to the Wiki, negotiating does not come up for a couple more days

DeletedUser14438

iamtheemperor

The quest I got was to infiltrate... which I was able to complete with no problem. According to the Wiki, negotiating does not come up for a couple more days
I was speaking in general terms. Many times over the years in the forums players have stated they have had difficulty with infiltrate quests, only to find out that they negotiated instead of infiltrated. I was saying that there sometimes seems to be confusion between the two.

DeletedUser8152

Is it possible that you did the infiltrating before actually accepting the quest? In any case, if you contact support in the game they can check what happened.