• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Value of Hippodrome?

Agent327

If you should build one or not is totally up to you. The announcement gives you the info you are looking for. I could tell you, but the best way to learn is always read the event announcement.

Captain Christian

I'm a simple man. I see the word "hippo" I say "NO". You can thank me later
Hippo is Greek for "Horse", hence the reason a "hippopotamus" means "River-Horse". If you knew anything of Greek, you'd know that obviously "drome" implies racing, which would, if I am not mistaken (forgive me if I am), evolve later into "dromedary", or, a one-humped racing camel. Knowing this, we can now easily determine a "hippodrome" to be a horse racing stadium, "Hippocrates" to mean "Horse Power", and so forth.

Plain Red Justice

Better say "yes" to your hippocampus.
Better refute even a single one of my points instead of staying silent then. Misleading players is certainly not a very good hobby, unless you are genuinely one of the misled players yourself then I offer my sincerest sympathies

Aggressor

Should I build one, both, or neither hippodrome? Should they be connected?
Hippodrome is all about space. The benefits are probably worth it, but not if you don't have space for it. The more space you can spare, the more it is worth it, because you can put the tracks into it. If you have space and you like the benefits, build it. If you don't, then no big deal, that's why there's the antiques dealer.

Graviton

Better refute even a single one of my points ...

You didn't even make one point, let alone points. You expressed an opinion with no substantiation.

Here's a great response, with actual reasoning and the correct perspective that the answer depends on the player:

Hippodrome is all about space. The benefits are probably worth it, but not if you don't have space for it. The more space you can spare, the more it is worth it, because you can put the tracks into it. If you have space and you like the benefits, build it. If you don't, then no big deal, that's why there's the antiques dealer.

I will be building the hippodrome. i am really working on my attack defense, and i am hoping to get quite a few of the tracks to add more attack defense. If you have both sides of the hippodrome, each of the tracks actually counts twice, so definitely makes sense to me.

I will be building the hippodrome. i am really working on my attack defense, and i am hoping to get quite a few of the tracks to add more attack defense. If you have both sides of the hippodrome, each of the tracks actually counts twice, so definitely makes sense to me.

I came to the threads looking for an answer on this because I thought it was a graphic error. So each track is actually +6%, 2FP, or 10 goods. Those numbers add up quickly

WinnerGR

Hippo is Greek for "Horse", hence the reason a "hippopotamus" means "River-Horse". If you knew anything of Greek, you'd know that obviously "drome" implies racing, which would, if I am not mistaken (forgive me if I am), evolve later into "dromedary", or, a one-humped racing camel. Knowing this, we can now easily determine a "hippodrome" to be a horse racing stadium, "Hippocrates" to mean "Horse Power", and so forth.
Its a video game for gods sake
I'm a simple man. I see the word "hippo" I say "NO". You can thank me later
As @Agent327 sais :
If you should build one or not is totally up to you. The announcement gives you the info you are looking for. I could tell you, but the best way to learn is always read the event announcement.
And that is very true so :
Better refute even a single one of my points instead of staying silent then. Misleading players is certainly not a very good hobby, unless you are genuinely one of the misled players yourself then I offer my sincerest sympathies
Your the one misleading them.

-------

I have chosen to play the event and keep all the hippo reward stuff in my inventory and then work out at then end whether I have enough for it to be worth the space. If you can get a maxed out hippo with loads of extra tracks then it is one of the best event buildings

Last edited:

Emberguard

Hippodrome is worth it for most players as long as you’re willing to replace your least efficient event buildings (or techtree buildings) with more efficient ones. Unless you intend to get middle pieces then you can treat it as two separate event buildings. If you’re not going to replace things out and you don’t have any space left without deleting then chances are you won’t be getting any event buildings anytime soon.

Agent327

Hippodrome is worth it for most players as long as you’re willing to replace your least efficient event buildings (or techtree buildings) with more efficient ones. Unless you intend to get middle pieces then you can treat it as two separate event buildings. If you’re not going to replace things out and you don’t have any space left without deleting then chances are you won’t be getting any event buildings anytime soon.

The way I see it, I'll replace 3 Dark Doorways.

WinnerGR

The way I see it, I'll replace 3 Dark Doorways.
If I get enough pieces I will be deleting my september cottage as it is my lowest levell event building , I deleted my CN as on the arcealogy event to make room for the WF which I mange to get L5 without trying and my CN was only at L2 as I was a very new player in that event .

EDIT : I have now built the two main peices by selling my HoF and WF.

Last edited:

Farfle the smelly

I think as a new player, it’s a definite yes. There are too many opportunities to increase our inventory with it while we struggle toward our first (more efficient) GB. An older player might consider it a hunk of tacky space-hogging junk. Or at least I would if I had it in anything other than EMA, probably.

WinnerGR

I think as a new player, it’s a definite yes. There are too many opportunities to increase our inventory with it while we struggle toward our first (more efficient) GB. An older player might consider it a hunk of tacky space-hogging junk. Or at least I would if I had it in anything other than EMA, probably.
yes for a new play i agree and you inventory has unlimted space and can be sold to the AD once econikmics si reasearched the first few weeks ( day 21 on my rush the ages city ).

Nicholas002

An older player might consider it a hunk of tacky space-hogging junk. Or at least I would if I had it in anything other than EMA, probably.
Actually it is pretty good for older players, since once they reach the endgame-ish stage, they are often looking to increase their fighting boosts, over anything else, and with a bunch of Russoi tracks, this bad boy give a heck of a boost.