• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Victory Tower lvl 2

Coach McGuirk

Both the Victory Tower and Victory Tower Upgrade Kit are treated as meaningful items in events and GE. Though, most players who have been playing for a while have no use for additional medals.

Just a thought: Suppose the upgraded VT offered 5 diamonds each week along with its medals. This would make it roughly on par with a rare incident, but one you could count on each week. If someone had 10 VT2 built, it would be comparable to a Little Wishing Well imho.

I think this adjustment might cause some players to eagerly fill those small 1x1 holes in their cities with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

No, right location, cause you can not propose it as an idea. Only thing you can do is talk about it, but as a suggestion it will never be submitted to the devs.

Coach McGuirk

I have never seen this before , you do the right thing and post and idea thats DNSL in the discussion section and then we discuss it while pointing out its DNSl and then you go and do the wrong thing....
I am brand new, I don't know the right and wrong thing. I looked at the instructions carefully on how to post an idea and tried to follow those. Should I remove that?

DeletedUser

DevaCat

Lol, you might be brand new, but think about it. You don't think 5 diamonds a week from a tiny footprint (plus medals) wouldn't be a little op? I agree about a level 3 with more medals tho. I wouldn't put more down, but it would help the few I still have left.

Coach McGuirk

Lol, you might be brand new, but think about it. You don't think 5 diamonds a week from a tiny footprint (plus medals) wouldn't be a little op? I agree about a level 3 with more medals tho. I wouldn't put more down, but it would help the few I still have left.
You might be right. In the DNS thread, I have 2 diamonds as an alternative to 5.

Coach McGuirk

Even 1 diamond would be OP for the footprint

Per year that’s 468 guaranteed diamonds in the same space as a Wishing Well that would give maybe 150 diamonds
My thoughts on that is that it would be way harder to get 9 VT2 than to get 1 WW, also, the WW will be giving lots of other goods, FPs, coins, supplies, etc. As it is now, my guild uses the term "Victory Tower" synonymously with "trash". Even at 5 diamonds per week, I would much prefer a Sentinel Outpost level 1, a Pirate Outpost, etc. This idea was a way to hopefully move victory tower out of the "complete trash" column and into a "maybe I would consider it" column.

Emberguard

If 5 diamonds per week isn’t going to change whether it’s used then there’s no point in adding 5 diamonds to it.

My thoughts on that is that it would be way harder to get 9 VT2 than to get 1 WW
Not so much so to justify a higher output. You get upgrades without trying for them and VTs can go in 1x1 spaces WWs can’t. Not to mention it doesn’t need a road. That in itself is enough to keep it on the same ratio of output that wishing wells produce. Those that use it won’t need to even hunt it down. It’d be just giving away extra diamonds

also, the WW will be giving lots of other goods, FPs, coins, supplies, etc.
You build the VT for the medals to add value to a space that has no value. It’s not meant to be competing with WWs

Dryke

Nothing smells more like defeat than 'winning' a Victory Tower. And a Victory Tower 'upgrade' kit is sort of like doubling the amount of dog droppings you just stepped on.

You build the VT for the medals to add value to a space that has no value. It’s not meant to be competing with WWs

OR, you build a watchfire. Or a Tactician's tower. Or a Sentinel Outpost. Granted: A VT is valuable to a newer player who still needs medals and doesn't have something better for that spot. But the VT becomes worthless when any one of those things (new, needs medals, nothing better) changes...which is pretty darned quick. And even when you DO need medals, the amount you get from a VT is pathetic and quickly outclassed by other methods. Which, I suppose, falls into the category of 'not being a newer player'. But you can never say enough bad things about a VT even if you are repeating yourself, so there you have it.

Last edited: