• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] View full profile

DeletedUser16911

Is there any way to view the full profile/bio of a user when they don't belong in your neighborhood, friends list, or guild?
If I ever send out a friend request, I'd like to at least be able to read the entire profile the user has up, where they often tell their stance on plundering and attacking and on trade and such. Unfortunately, unless that person is in my neighborhood, friends list, or guild, or unless their profile is incredibly short, I can't read the entire thing. As it currently is, when I scroll over a user in the neighborhood/friends/guild bar, I can read their entire profile, including what goods they have for trade and what guild they belong to; whereas if I visit the city of somebody not in one of those groups, I see just a few lines of text and the rest is cut off. I try clicking on it or clicking on the city's/user's name but it doesn't reveal the full profile, just a few lines.
Browsing the global rank list shows you the guild a user belongs to, but still not their full profile or trade info.
Is there any way to read the whole thing? :huh: If not, is that something that could be implemented in the future...?
I did a search for "full profile" but saw nothing pertinent before posting this.

DeletedUser8428

From the Global Rank list, click 'Visit'. When their city loads, their profile appears for a short period in the upper right corner.

DeletedUser8152

From the Global Rank list, click 'Visit'. When their city loads, their profile appears for a short period in the upper right corner.

Unfortunately you only get the first few lines of the profile. Though it is better than nothing.

That is how it currently works... just hover over the player under the friends list.
I think pirateowl wants to see the profile before becoming friends. I guess in case it has something like "I eat babies!" that would reflect badly on his friendship :) As far as I know, there's no way to view the full profile of an unrelated city.

DeletedUser16911

Yea, just send the friend request to the player, and look at his profile (he doesn't need to accept it).

Well, to be 100% honest, some of the profiles I really want to read are of users I really would not want to befriend... :unsure: Plus I would use up all my friend requests that way.

Unfortunately you only get the first few lines of the profile. Though it is better than nothing.

I think pirateowl wants to see the profile before becoming friends. I guess in case it has something like "I eat babies!" that would reflect badly on his friendship :) As far as I know, there's no way to view the full profile of an unrelated city.

Ah, that's a bummer. :( Especially seeing as I just came across the profile of a user who says exactly what they'll do to you if you don't donate to their GBs, and it's cut off in the middle. (They're not in my hood--yet--but I'm insanely curious.) One user with a longish profile has even named their city something like "Read the profile!" but it's not all visible. Ah well, thank you for the answer though. (It'd be nice if view full profile could be implemented in a future update!)