• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Viewing Guild Forums

DeletedUser185

I admin a guild forum, today, I have had 3 people tell me when they go to the guild and click on the "Guild Forum" button, it only takes them to a white screen that never finishes, they have the "X" at the right top to close the box.

Of course I have had them both refresh, delete cache, etc...even had them check their version of flash...with no results for any of them.

2 of them are using IE 9 & one is using Safari on a Mac.

None of them are able to try different browsers to help me with this.

I have many other members that everything works great.

Has anyone else experienced this????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Does it look anything like this one that appears when you click to buy forge points?

1fts3k.png

DeletedUser185

I will point them to this post tomorrow, but no, they are all saying the same thing. The click on the Forums icon (lower left corner), then the Shield icon, then they enter the guild screen with no problems.

But when they click on the Guild Forums button, it begins to open as a white box, as does mine, but theirs just hangs there, never goes any further. Of course mine continues to the guild forums.

I have had them all check their browsers, clear cache, reboots, even their flash versions.

I have asked all of them to stop being in the guild, try a different guild or even try re-joining this guild to see what happens. They all said they would try tomorrow...

Any suggestions????

UPDATE: one of them downloaded Chrome, was using IE9, all works fine for them now....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

UPDATE: one of them downloaded Chrome, was using IE9, all works fine for them now....

Exactly. Just as I suspected, this is yet another Failnet Explorer issue. I would not recommend playing this game or any other browser game on Internet Explorer, as bugs such as this can occur for no reason other than the browser they're using.

DeletedUser185

Yes, has solved most all the questions I have had from guild members except the one using Safari on a Mac, not heard back from them as of yet.

DeletedUser

Hi Wander, just to elaborate on Scarecrow's post, some modern browsers such as Chrome are shipped with an included flash player that is kept up to date when the browser auto-updates. As this game is a flash game, it shouldn't be heavily influenced by the quality of the notoriously poor browsers, however an outdated flash player that has not been manually updated could well be the cause.

I know you've tried these, but for later reference: [spoil]You should suggest to these players to:
1) Update their browser to the latest version (Windows Update for IE, Apple Software Update for Safari)
2) Download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
3) Clear their cache
4) Disable fullscreen mode if enabled
5) Click the guild forum button
6) Wait patiently!

You may need to repeat the last two steps twice, particularly if these members have slower Internet connections.[/spoil]
Following these steps I got the forum working in Win-Safari 5 but not IE9. I will test later in the preview of IE10, arguably the first standards compliant browser from Microsoft, and lodge a bug report on these forums if it still fails.

DeletedUser185

Hi Wander, just to elaborate on Scarecrow's post, some modern browsers such as Chrome are shipped with an included flash player that is kept up to date when the browser auto-updates. As this game is a flash game, it shouldn't be heavily influenced by the quality of the notoriously poor browsers, however an outdated flash player that has not been manually updated could well be the cause.

I know you've tried these, but for later reference: [spoil]You should suggest to these players to:
1) Update their browser to the latest version (Windows Update for IE, Apple Software Update for Safari)
2) Download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
3) Clear their cache
4) Disable fullscreen mode if enabled
5) Click the guild forum button
6) Wait patiently!

You may need to repeat the last two steps twice, particularly if these members have slower Internet connections.[/spoil]
Following these steps I got the forum working in Win-Safari 5 but not IE9. I will test later in the preview of IE10, arguably the first standards compliant browser from Microsoft, and lodge a bug report on these forums if it still fails.

Hi Diggo: yes, you are quite right, and I had walked them through all of the steps you listed above, to the best of the players ability, some were not able to update or try a different browser, so it was beyond their or my control, your list of steps above is a great post that I am sure will help others in the future!!!