• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wanna hear an idea most will hate? But it’s a good one.

Johnny B. Goode

Wanna “fix” GbG? And piss off many, many players? Easy. Diamond = Top 8, 2 Platinums #9-24, 4 Golds #25-56, etc. Make GbG rank as important as GvG. I know, booooo, but my brain tells me things.
Great idea. And take the cap off LP so guilds know where they rank and give them incentive to actually win sessions rather than just farm them.

Emberguard

I don't hate the idea, I just think we don't have 8 top Guilds that would be close enough of a match on every world. You'd be lucky to find a proper match for the top 1 Guild, and then for the top 2 Guild. 3-8 would likely have a closer dynamic than the other two Guilds above them

Emberguard

If there were a way to identify the absolute #1 GBG Guild on each world, the absolute #2 GBG Guild on each world, and if the servers could handle cross world, then I think the only real way of getting proper competition is to pit all the #1's together cross-world, all the #2's together cross-world and let everyone else play normally against their own worlds, with adjusting to whether or not the #3 Guild needs its own tier later on.

Once the super-Guilds are in their own playground it should give everyone else room to grow, which undoubtedly will have its own set of problems

Mor-Rioghain

All very good points but it brings to mind something that's cropped up over and over again throughout the years: A Crystal League. I'd have to concur that it would be difficult if not impossible to rank guilds on just one server or maybe under the current climate of swap exchanges/farming to even determine what guilds were realistically 1, 2, 3, and so on, so a cross-server platform seems to be the best answer but I'm guessing that with the advent of limiting the attrition caps and such that determining guilds' ranking would be even more difficult.

What did happen with the thought of Crystal League? I seem to remember that Inno had at one point considered such an idea after the MMR phase was over. Did the idea just get shelved?

Ebeondi Asi

The problem with that is matching the same Guilds endlessly wold soon have riots occurring in all worlds. It would become really boring really fast.
There are already far to many grumblings that the same Guilds face each other all the time. This idea would make it far worse. So many ideas only try hard to penalize top Guilds for being successful. Those are always poor ideas.

There are other ideas that are way better. My idea is to have the Sectors next to each Guild home be free of attrion for that Guild. and the one away have max one 50% (but Camps could also help. All other Guilds have normal attrition on all sectors except the ones around their own home.
The would allow all small or weak Guilds to be able to repeatedly take those around home. It would mean almost nothing for big powerful Guilds. But it penalizes no one. and yet gives smaller Guilds (or even big Guilds that have been crushed by other cooperating Guilds) good help in breaking out! causing mayhem every four hours.
The way it is now small weak guilds are trapped at home and find it very hard to break out since the attrition penalty is extreme. My idea would give them many chances every four hour to do a lot more. And give the big guys a headache all around every four hours. (but that too is a bonus for big Guilds, since it is a real chance to fight. something they all want to do besides boring farming!!!)
This idea is far more 'balancing' than any other I have heard of.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

The problem with that is matching the same Guilds endlessly wold soon have riots occurring in all worlds. It would become really boring really fast.
There are already far to many grumblings that the same Guilds face each other all the time. This idea would make it far worse. So many ideas only try hard to penalize top Guilds for being successful. Those are always poor ideas.

There are other ideas that are way better. My idea is to have the Sectors next to each Guild home be free of attrion for that Guild. and the one away have max one 50% (but Camps could also help. All other Guilds have normal attrition on all sectors except the ones around their own home.
The would allow all small or weak Guilds to be able to repeatedly take those around home. It would mean almost nothing for big powerful Guilds. But it penalizes no one. and yet gives smaller Guilds (or even big Guilds that have been crushed by other cooperating Guilds) good help in breaking out! causing mayhem every four hours.
The way it is now small weak guilds are trapped at home and find it very hard to break out since the attrition penalty is extreme. My idea would give them many chances every four hour to do a lot more. And give the big guys a headache all around every four hours. (but that too is a bonus for big Guilds, since it is a real chance to fight. something they all want to do besides boring farming!!!)
This idea is far more 'balancing' than any other I have heard of.
Maybe use the support pool for more than just GvG, and have it apply to GBG as well?

Angel.

we dont swap tiles so we get beached a lot we do good most the time but some times we cant get off the beach to play