• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Watchfire

DeletedUser

The watchfire give us a 4% defense. If we get a second watchfire dose that increase to 8% defense and so on if we can get more watchfires. Or dose that 4% stay the same with 2 or 3 ? :unsure:

DeletedUser

It is cumulative. Be careful about getting too many and not being able to buy other items though.

DeletedUser2145

They stack up, so yes, two watchfires would give you 8%, three would give you 12% and so on.

DeletedUser

Thanks that will help us that do not have Grate Buildings yet.

DeletedUser1862

I have three Watchfires and my defensive troops are gaining a 12% Defense boost, when I only had one 'fire, it was only a 4%, two was 8%. It's only for defense though, the GB bonus is attack and defense of the indicated army.
I had started to buy them when I hadn't thought I would get enough for a well, now I'm rethinking the possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4825

I've noticed that the GB's generally give more bonuses to offense than defense. The Watchfires bring some balance in my opinion. I give them a big thumbs up! Right now between my GB's and my watchfires my Defensive bonus is around 75%. The guy who looted me daily has started to rethink his strategy now :)

DeletedUser3407

I was just egging somebodies city and noticed that their Watchfire wasn't "lit" is that a bug or what?

DeletedUser1862

I was just egging somebodies city and noticed that their Watchfire wasn't "lit" is that a bug or what?
Probably just a response to the animations being turned off, I haven't noticed if the 'fire' dances, but that's probably the reason. People aren't walking the streets when you visit other cities either.

DeletedUser3972

Animations being turned off when visiting other's cities was an announced change to help improve game performance. That is why you don't see the fires lit on their watchfires.

DeletedUser3407

Animations being turned off when visiting other's cities was an announced change to help improve game performance. That is why you don't see the fires lit on their watchfires.

Argh thanks for the info guys. I missed that news and it really messed me up as I was basing my plundering on animations. Hopefully that will get fixed soon.

DeletedUser4302

Argh thanks for the info guys. I missed that news and it really messed me up as I was basing my plundering on animations. Hopefully that will get fixed soon.
Yes, throwing me off since I was going by that to determent if peps are active or not.

DeletedUser2145

This is a temporary solution to ease off things on the flash player. Over at beta the number of crashes doubled for players after chat was added. But yes, it's temp, and it's only until the devs can figure out a way around it. :)

DeletedUser1862

This is a temporary solution to ease off things on the flash player. Over at beta the number of crashes doubled for players after chat was added. But yes, it's temp, and it's only until the devs can figure out a way around it. :)
I don't use the chat, but I have seen a dramatic decrease in Flash-related issues since this change was made. I hope it becomes permanent, or at least an option for the future :)

DeletedUser3345

Is there a maximum number of watchfires that can be combined together? 25 to get you 100% defense bonus, or 50 for 200%????

DeletedUser2145

There is no limit on the number of watchfires you can get. In my opinion the "limit" should come from the player --- you can get 100 if you want, but keep in mind that's a huge waste of space as well.