• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What’s your favorite influences on FoE from other games?

stymie of Suwannee

SimCity: Finally a city I can maintain til Inno or society falls.
Tetris: Obvious skill sets for an optimum game.
AD&D: I’m just fine tuning a character we call a city, 40 years later.
Risk: Shows the true nature of your friends under the duress of dice rolls.
Elder Scrolls (Skyrim or any): The power of exponential math & ”ramping” statistics.
Magic the Gathering: “Lawyer ball” to the point of madness.
Tic tac toe?

UBERhelp1

I don't know if any of these are specifically drawn from other games, as much of it is math or just good game design in general.

The only specific areas that I think truly get drawn from other games are the event minigames that are a little more creative, and by that I mean:
  • Cookie Clicker - St. Patrick's Day
  • Any sort of bubble buster, but specifically Candy Crush - Wildlife
One thing that I *do* wish would be drawn into the game is something that I saw when I used to play Tanki years ago, and that was a sort of GBG-ish system (specifically that of War: Domination). Basically the idea was that you'd have a map, similar to a GBG map, with different factions (sort of guilds) each having a capital. Then, each player in a faction could choose one tile daily to put their attacks towards, and they could not change it once chosen. Then any battles they'd do in the main game would count towards the war. At the end of the day, whichever faction had the highest attacks on a tile would own that tile, which would then contribute victory points. At the end of the time period, the faction with the most points got exclusive rewards (as well as rewards based on your personal contribution daily).

I think it could be really cool if something like that could be built into FoE, with maybe instead of counting fights (since they can be farmed easily), something more like quest completions or a more Castle System kind of points being used, with an upper limit. To balance it better for less of one guild dominating, maybe split the entire game world into three or four factions to duel it out? Idk. Never going to happen, but would be fun.

PJS299

I don't know if any of these are specifically drawn from other games, as much of it is math or just good game design in general.

The only specific areas that I think truly get drawn from other games are the event minigames that are a little more creative, and by that I mean:
  • Cookie Clicker - St. Patrick's Day
  • Any sort of bubble buster, but specifically Candy Crush - Wildlife
One thing that I *do* wish would be drawn into the game is something that I saw when I used to play Tanki years ago, and that was a sort of GBG-ish system (specifically that of War: Domination). Basically the idea was that you'd have a map, similar to a GBG map, with different factions (sort of guilds) each having a capital. Then, each player in a faction could choose one tile daily to put their attacks towards, and they could not change it once chosen. Then any battles they'd do in the main game would count towards the war. At the end of the day, whichever faction had the highest attacks on a tile would own that tile, which would then contribute victory points. At the end of the time period, the faction with the most points got exclusive rewards (as well as rewards based on your personal contribution daily).

I think it could be really cool if something like that could be built into FoE, with maybe instead of counting fights (since they can be farmed easily), something more like quest completions or a more Castle System kind of points being used, with an upper limit. To balance it better for less of one guild dominating, maybe split the entire game world into three or four factions to duel it out? Idk. Never going to happen, but would be fun.
Gotta love Cookie Clicker

Just An Observer

MtG. One needs to sort through all the cards and only use the ones with value for decks which are tournament grade if one wishes to do well in tournaments. Add in the 60 card amount for the deck and 15 cards for the sideboard to show that one wants to be TIGHT regarding card selection while also being willing to spend the beaucoup bucks to get the needed cards.

FoE is a very strange game in that actual gamers are very rare. Most people are here for the social element instead of being focused on the game. Looking at the amount of players who can score 1500 or more every GBG season compared to the total amount of players shows only 1/3rd of 1% in Cirgard are able to do so. Guilds emphasize "personality politics" over performance. Lots of players are so easily butthurt! It is like "Idiocracy" has come to life here. The vast majority of Founders and Leaders would have been fired if they were running a pro sports franchise with their current approach.