• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What are some goals for the first year of FOE?

Farfle the smelly

My goal is an Arc while staying in Iron. I’m two BPs away, and I’m hoping the FOE gods smile upon me and don’t repeat any. I may just trade for them.

MarktheMagnificent

I think the first year can be spent deciding what sort of player you wish to be (fighter/builder etc), and building a solid foundation for your city accordingly. Set yourself clear goals and be ruthless in pursuing them.

Also, do not move up quickly. Consolidate through attaining the GB's you need for your vision and set about building them up.

Finally, I would say join a guild that works for you.

The Lady Redneck

So I have to join Spartans
You do not HAVE to join any one particular guild. Every world has good and bad guilds. And even if you do join a guild that you find does not suit you or you do not feel at home in, there is nothing stopping you changing to another. Staying in a guild that is not right for you is every bit as damaging to your enjoyment of the game as joining one that is inactive. Maybe even more so. Sometimes it is better to join smaller friendly guilds as long as they are being lead by experienced players.

Aggressor

Well, I am coming up on the end of my first year.
I was clueless at the beginning of my game, so if I would've had help early on I could be further along. But If you get help early enough and find the right guild, a level 80 Arc is a great goal. Also, have your game planned out like @MarktheMagnificent said. Choose what you're going to be and make a plan. I know just about every GB I'm going to power level for the next 10 years. I know what GBs I want to level soon, which ones I want to put off, and which new GBs I want to build. Of course, whether you're a farmer, fighter, trader of any mix, Arc is always first. But I know what I want to be and how I'm going to get there. That's a good goal for the first year imo.

Graviton

Well, I am coming up on the end of my first year.
I was clueless at the beginning of my game, so if I would've had help early on I could be further along. But If you get help early enough and find the right guild, a level 80 Arc is a great goal. Also, have your game planned out like @MarktheMagnificent said. Choose what you're going to be and make a plan.

Depends on how long you're going to play but I'd say not to have a plan in the first year. The great thing about so many worlds is that you can screw up a city and just start over somewhere else. My advice for the first year would be to just learn by doing. Develop a plan over those months as you learn which play style you prefer, and then implement it from scratch on another world. You could also start a couple of cities and try out different strategies, like focusing on trading and goods farming in one city and exclusively fighting in another.