• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] What is "Battle Scale"?

DeletedUser26120

It cuts movement and range by half. This is to compensate for the greater movement and range PE units have. Otherwise they would be able to cross all the way over the map and hit you first turn.

Scale 1.5 will continue in the eras past PE. Basically the battlefield is 1.5x bigger, as far as your units are concerned.

DeletedUser

Let's assume that every hex takes 1 movement point from Bronze Age to Industrial Age. Then, after that, every hex takes 1.5 movement points. So, if your Industrial Age unit has a movement allowance of 6, then it can move 6 hexes (1x6=6) in Industrial, but in Progressive it will only be able to move 4 hexes (1.5x4=6).

DeletedUser26120

Ah I thought it was half, I could swear the game says that somewhere.

DeletedUser26965

Let's assume that every hex takes 1 movement point from Bronze Age to Industrial Age. Then, after that, every hex takes 1.5 movement points. So, if your Industrial Age unit has a movement allowance of 6, then it can move 6 hexes (1x6=6) in Industrial, but in Progressive it will only be able to move 4 hexes (1.5x4=6).
Yeah, the Wiki is rather lacking in this regard, they seriously need more added to their Wiki in other places as well:

"They move according to their movement points, but each type of terrain will cost a differing amount."
Movement and Attack

DeletedUser26965

Working on gathering the Movement Costs without/with Progressive Era units or higher for each Terrain type. Getting some odd data in that I'm getting different amounts for the same type Terrain like 5 and 6 for Broken Ground and 9 or 12 for Swamp, not sure what to make of this. Also noticed if the enemy has PE units or higher then the "penalty" counts towards your units as well even if you have no PE units or higher in your army. Still gathering data, will update as I can.

Barbed Wire /6
Broken Ground /5, 6
Bush 3/4.5
Crater /
Entrenchment /6
Forest 3/4.5
Hills 4/4.5, 6
House /6
Lake /3
Plains 2/3
Rocks 4/4.5, 6
Rubble /9