• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] what is plundering- and how to stop it?

MaxumusMinus

I recently changed guilds and have new neighbors. Now my city is being attacked daily. Don't think I've lost anything.

Pericles the Lion

The neighborhood refreshes every other Monday. The only effect that changing guilds could have is if a former guild member is now in your neighborhood. Before you changed guilds that player could not attack your city...now they can for as long as they remain in your hood.

If you activate a City Shield (found in the Tavern shop) you can prevent attacks for a limited time. I do not recommend this, it's a waste of tavern silver. The best approach is to collect on time (leaves nothing for plunderers). Also, actively aid your Hood, Guildmates, and Friends and expect the same in return. Aided buildings cannot be plundered. In the end though, don't worry too much about getting plundered. It doesn't happen very often and, when it does, the losses are trivial in the long run.

Dursland

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most buildings give almost nothing on plunder these days so most don't bother.

They have to be motivated to produce stuff and you can't plunder motivated buildings.

The only real things you need to watch out for are chains - the main chain buildings (like Panda Shrine) can be fully plundered if not motivated.

Ebeondi Asi

I wold add plundering bothers new players a lot. Mainly because they are not used to the game. Many players attack without Plundering at all.
Plundering used to be a much bigger part of the game. now, not so much. Plunder hurts new players the most, but the advice given is good. Ignore it. (Also never complain directly in a Personal Message to any Plunderer. Any message only gives them more reason to attack you. Also some players Plunder if you do not defend well. My suggestion is always use eight troops to defend your city of your current Era, or the age just below. Many players attack without Plundering to gain points, or to fulfill a Quest, Some get angry because the attacked player had only two Bronze age Spearfighters (the default if you do not place any) , or only a few troops defending
Alternatives can be to ask the person Plundering to become a Friend. Friends cannot Plunder you.
The primary defense against any Plundering is Collect on Time.

Last edited:

Frostblade

Aid your neighbors every day and you'll get attacked less often.
My reason to plunder is to provoke hoodies attack me back (hopefully loosing) for the "Great wall of China" achievement.

Angry.Blanket

Aid your neighbors every day and you'll get attacked less often.
My reason to plunder is to provoke hoodies attack me back (hopefully loosing) for the "Great wall of China" achievement.
Lots of players wait until after you aid them them to attack you so you cant attack back.

Darkest.Knight

Having an SV I aid both friends and neighbors daily, at a certain point players quit trying to plunder my town; need some big stats now to beat my defending army.

Darkest.Knight

Only got plundered early in the game, don't remember the last time someone attacked my town; it's been quite a while since someone has tried.