• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What should I do with event keys?

xivarmy

You should buy at least 1 chest per day to get the "double".

You can save the rest of your keys til a day when you want the special (for many that'll be today with the Mountain; but there's other lucrative things too).

On a day when you like the special you can pretty safely dump your existing keys - it's very reliable to make enough keys to open the big chest in a day.

Goth Almighty

Sorry, if this is not really related to the OP, but could you explain your strategy, with respect to managing the game board? IOW, starting out with a reset board, I simply try to clear it. That is, using the spawner as little as possible, I simply try to match pieces that glow. However, when there are more than one piece that glows, does it matter which pieces you try to match? That's the only thing that's confusing me. I mean, sometimes, the glowing pieces are identical and then it's a no-brainer. But, other times, they're not quite identical and, then I don't know which to choose. But I assume they'll all eventually match up, eh? Then, when you get to the fully merged key, should you continue to match it up with other pieces or convert it right away? Finally, with respect to the chests, that's a no-brainer also, right? I mean, if you can open the chests you do it. But what do you mean by "buying a double"? thanks

Dursland

Sorry, if this is not really related to the OP, but could you explain your strategy, with respect to managing the game board? IOW, starting out with a reset board, I simply try to clear it. That is, using the spawner as little as possible, I simply try to match pieces that glow. However, when there are more than one piece that glows, does it matter which pieces you try to match? That's the only thing that's confusing me. I mean, sometimes, the glowing pieces are identical and then it's a no-brainer. But, other times, they're not quite identical and, then I don't know which to choose. But I assume they'll all eventually match up, eh? Then, when you get to the fully merged key, should you continue to match it up with other pieces or convert it right away? Finally, with respect to the chests, that's a no-brainer also, right? I mean, if you can open the chests you do it. But what do you mean by "buying a double"? thanks
Buying a double means opening the first chest of the day for 2x bonus. This resets each night at midnight. That's why people are saying to leave a 27 pointer up from the previous day to open after midnight, so you get the full 54 points.

If you've gotten a fully merged key at level 2, merging it with either a level 3 top/bottom gem will result in a level 3 key. Same for merging a full level 3 key with a level 4 top/bottom gem. Also merging full level 4 keys with level 4 gems will do nothing, but unlock the gem - which is something you should be doing, for prizes and grand prize progress.

Hope that answers your questions. As for clearing the board - don't do it. I do 4 boards a day, 100 energy spent per board. 140 energy is spent on resets (20, 40, 80) to get the 4 boards.

If you have more questions feel free to post them.

Pericles the Lion

This board is dead and should not be played further , it is a diminishing returns game. I will be at 1 complete Phantom and 1 keymaster at 3000 + 4 points. tonight. Starting a new Conjunctivitis Tower the day after but will have 2 Keymasters if I miss my mark. Same strategy as above but I reset until it hits 160 then I stop. (800 energy per day) It is 3000 points per main event building fully raised.,

View attachment 20135
You still have one more valuable move. Use one of the open 4 greens to break out the one 4 green that's locked